you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I always prefer to go over to someone else's space rather than have them in mine.
    x2

Infinite Bubble

Inferior Se would be sensitive to that stuff, I'm guessing. INTJ overall, due to INFJs Fe leveling it out slightly.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Why ST?
    I pictured them giving you a "look" if you violate their space, but that's probably the case for most people with 1 or 8 in their tritype.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It might be inferior Se. But sometimes I wonder about inferior or tertiary Si. Maybe the cat lady syndrome?
    That which does not kill me, improves my looks. - Michael Jackson

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I was a nightmare for personal space, the reason my mum was terrified to take me to nursery was because she knew I would just attack other children who got too close for my comfort.

I've mellowed out these days somewhat, but I still need to take my leave of overly stimulating crowds.

Oddly enough I am one of those people that gets hugged and touched a lot. But I suppose I don't mind; making up for lost time maybe.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Most of the introverts.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Why ST? Actually, my ISTP cousin never comes into my room when he comes over even though it's okay because he's easy to get along with, but very boundary conscious. This might cut across individuals of all types, especially introverts.
    That which does not kill me, improves my looks. - Michael Jackson

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Inferior Se would be sensitive to that stuff, I'm guessing. INTJ overall, due to INFJs Fe leveling it out slightly.
    I am definitely this way myself. I can count on one hand the people whose touch I receive kindly, and require more personal space than most people. I want my things and my environment left alone also, in whatever arrangement I have made. I admit all of this is mostly reflex, probably to control (over)stimulation and also preserve privacy, which I guard very zealously. All introverts probably are this way to some extent, and inf Se may have something to do with it. I suspect there is something about the INJ combination, especially INTJ, however, that exacerbates it. We do tend to be more guarded and actively distant than other types.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I am definitely this way myself. I can count on one hand the people whose touch I receive kindly, and require more personal space than most people. I want my things and my environment left alone also, in whatever arrangement I have made. I admit all of this is mostly reflex, probably to control (over)stimulation and also preserve privacy, which I guard very zealously. All introverts probably are this way to some extent, and inf Se may have something to do with it. I suspect there is something about the INJ combination, especially INTJ, however, that exacerbates it. We do tend to be more guarded and actively distant than other types.
    I think it is probably a mixture of the introversion, the sensitive nature of the inferior function - in this case, Se, which would be in such as way with the immediate sensory environment - and Te, which is not typically the most human-orientated of functions. The pragmatic nature of it also might make a person want to just get on with things and not be distracted by people that would get in their way, and what is considered unnecessary.