First 12

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Oh please! We made first contact with tribal Papua New Guinea and administered Papua New Guinea from 1902 to 1975 under the UN. So we know precisely how they lived and how they thought of themselves.
    How do you know that those societies are the same as early human societies?
    We discovered functioning tribal societies that knew not individualism but rather each person had their assigned role. And even more interesting, not only were there no literate individuals, but each tribe felt as one, in other words, each tribe shared the same feelings at the same time.
    I highly doubt this. And this certainly does not happen here, although some feelings ripple across many individuals like currents. I don't think they ripple across everyone.

It is important to understand these tribal societies for our future is an electonic tribal society, not unlike a traditional tribal society.

Why? Suppose no one did. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Look, you are presenting the conventional viewpoint of the literate individual. All this came to an end in 1964 with, "Understanding Media", by Marshall McLuhan.
    How could this be so? There was nothing like INTPc around at the time. I can't remember whether or not the internet existed in some rudimentary form back then, but whatever might have been a precursor to INTPC was used by a very limited audience, if anything even existed that could be said to be a precursor. How could he have explained the internet if he wrote before there really was an internet? I very much doubt someone in 1964 used the term "e-tribe".

Marshall McLuhan is regarded as the patron saint of the internet, yet you haven't read him. How can you possibly understand what you are doing here on Central if you don't understand McLuhan?
    Same way a mechanic can know how to fix a car without reading about it.

All you can do is repeat back like a parrot the conventional wisdom of the literate individual.
    I parroted nothing. Those are my own thoughts I assembled at the time of my posts. If other people share those sentiments, I'm glad to not be alone, but I'm not repeating them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    How do you know that those societies are the same as early human societies?

I highly doubt this. And this certainly does not happen here, although some feelings ripple across many individuals like currents. I don't think they ripple across everyone.

Why? Suppose no one did. What then?

How could this be so? There was nothing like INTPc around at the time. I can't remember whether or not the internet existed in some rudimentary form back then, but whatever might have been a precursor to INTPC was used by a very limited audience, if anything even existed that could be said to be a precursor. How could he have explained the internet if he wrote before there really was an internet? I very much doubt someone in 1964 used the term "e-tribe".

Same way a mechanic can know how to fix a car without reading about it.

I parroted nothing. Those are my own thoughts I assembled at the time of my posts. If other people share those sentiments, I'm glad to not be alone, but I'm not repeating them.
    I'm afraid you have been reduced to arguing for the sake of arguing.

Arguing for the sake of arguing takes us nowhere and is only an ego defence.

You present of someone with something of interest to say, but as this is not the case, you are reduced to your ego defence.

And I would prefer not to have my intelligence insulted.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I was actually trying to have an honest intellectual discussion this time, instead of engaging in sarcastic quips. If you can't handle either, I have nothing more to contribute.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78