12 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Default I'm a CEO Now - And I Still Need Advice

I'm about to launch a marketing campaign based on growth hacking techniques to keep costs low - and it requires a lot of creativity. I still need a lot of data and the collection of this data is going hand-in-hand with my marketing scheme.

I have the beta version of the beta version of my website up. I am struggling with one of a few concepts, the most imminently important one being:

Do I design my own personality test for collecting data?

Do I use pre-designed tests and hope that people send me their results for some kind of incentive? Such as using the site free of charge (not that it is that expensive in the first place).

The other issue comes with webdesign and testing algorithms, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind that I will be ultimately designing my own proprietary test after I collect more data (based on a few different personality tests). This part of the plan is all about collecting data. Lots of data.

(No, this is not a dating website.)

Target group: 18-34
    Over 60% female
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I say use an existing test. If you're concerned about participants not sending their results to you, is there any way you can route their results back to you? Knowing little about your project, I think it's always best to use a test with good reliability and validity to collect your initial data. Sounds like a cool project though.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I say use an existing test. If you're concerned about participants not sending their results to you, is there any way you can route their results back to you? Knowing little about your project, I think it's always best to use a test with good reliability and validity to collect your initial data. Sounds like a cool project though.
    I was considering out finding a way to route their test results to me. I was also considering working with other Type C members to develop the test further. Or perhaps I could include my own test (in survey form because it appears it costs money to have my own test-creator although I'll do some more research) as well as have some more valid tests on there. I don't really want my competition to know exactly what personality aspects I am focusing on.

I could call some people who have already created tests and ask if I can use their questions for my research.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

If you borrowed test questions from other developers and were worried about being too transparent with the goal of your questioning, you could throw in some throw away questions to throw them off.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

If you borrowed test questions from other developers and were worried about being too transparent with the goal of your questioning, you could throw in some throw away questions to throw them off.
    Brilliant. Thank you!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Brilliant. Thank you!
    No prob I like this kind of thing. Sorry for the overuse of the word 'throw' in that last post. Haha, it was brutal for me to re-read.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I'm about to launch a marketing campaign based on growth hacking techniques to keep costs low - and it requires a lot of creativity. I still need a lot of data and the collection of this data is going hand-in-hand with my marketing scheme.

I have the beta version of the beta version of my website up. I am struggling with one of a few concepts, the most imminently important one being:

Do I design my own personality test for collecting data?

Do I use pre-designed tests and hope that people send me their results for some kind of incentive? Such as using the site free of charge (not that it is that expensive in the first place).

The other issue comes with webdesign and testing algorithms, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind that I will be ultimately designing my own proprietary test after I collect more data (based on a few different personality tests). This part of the plan is all about collecting data. Lots of data.

(No, this is not a dating website.)

Target group: 18-34
    Over 60% female
    The CEO of what?

Hire a CIO.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

No prob I like this kind of thing. Sorry for the overuse of the word 'throw' in that last post. Haha, it was brutal for me to re-read.
    It was almost poetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The CEO of what?
    A website based on personality that I'm developing

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Pay me or give me a share in the company and I'll give you advice