• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm a CEO Now - And I Still Need Advice

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm about to launch a marketing campaign based on growth hacking techniques to keep costs low - and it requires a lot of creativity. I still need a lot of data and the collection of this data is going hand-in-hand with my marketing scheme.

I have the beta version of the beta version of my website up. I am struggling with one of a few concepts, the most imminently important one being:

Do I design my own personality test for collecting data?

Do I use pre-designed tests and hope that people send me their results for some kind of incentive? Such as using the site free of charge (not that it is that expensive in the first place).

The other issue comes with webdesign and testing algorithms, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind that I will be ultimately designing my own proprietary test after I collect more data (based on a few different personality tests). This part of the plan is all about collecting data. Lots of data.

(No, this is not a dating website.)

Target group: 18-34
Over 60% female

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I say use an existing test. If you're concerned about participants not sending their results to you, is there any way you can route their results back to you? Knowing little about your project, I think it's always best to use a test with good reliability and validity to collect your initial data. Sounds like a cool project though.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I say use an existing test. If you're concerned about participants not sending their results to you, is there any way you can route their results back to you? Knowing little about your project, I think it's always best to use a test with good reliability and validity to collect your initial data. Sounds like a cool project though.

I was considering out finding a way to route their test results to me. I was also considering working with other Type C members to develop the test further. Or perhaps I could include my own test (in survey form because it appears it costs money to have my own test-creator although I'll do some more research) as well as have some more valid tests on there. I don't really want my competition to know exactly what personality aspects I am focusing on.

I could call some people who have already created tests and ask if I can use their questions for my research.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you borrowed test questions from other developers and were worried about being too transparent with the goal of your questioning, you could throw in some throw away questions to throw them off.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you borrowed test questions from other developers and were worried about being too transparent with the goal of your questioning, you could throw in some throw away questions to throw them off.

Brilliant. Thank you!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brilliant. Thank you!

No prob :) I like this kind of thing. Sorry for the overuse of the word 'throw' in that last post. Haha, it was brutal for me to re-read.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm about to launch a marketing campaign based on growth hacking techniques to keep costs low - and it requires a lot of creativity. I still need a lot of data and the collection of this data is going hand-in-hand with my marketing scheme.

I have the beta version of the beta version of my website up. I am struggling with one of a few concepts, the most imminently important one being:

Do I use pre-designed tests and hope that people send me their results for some kind of incentive? Such as using the site free of charge (not that it is that expensive in the first place).

The other issue comes with webdesign and testing algorithms, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind that I will be ultimately designing my own proprietary test after I collect more data (based on a few different personality tests). This part of the plan is all about collecting data. Lots of data.

(No, this is not a dating website.)

Target group: 18-34
Over 60% female

The CEO of what?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pay me or give me a share in the company and I'll give you advice :)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you be a CTO or COO and move to Boston?

The thought of a winter in Boston does not appeal to me. I went there once though and it was a cool city. Like DC but all white people and bigger buildings.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thought of a winter in Boston does not appeal to me. I went there once though and it was a cool city. Like DC but all white people and bigger buildings.

Gotta deal with the winters if you want equity! That's why one vacations on the west coast.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
It depends. If you want technical test validity and reliability, you need to use a standardized test. Contact the publisher, and expect to pay a license fee.

Otherwise, work your test into the site with some charm and magic. :D

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends. If you want technical test validity and reliability, you need to use a standardized test. Contact the publisher, and expect to pay a license fee.

Otherwise, work your test into the site with some charm and magic. :D

I might use some online tests just to get a feel for the numbers. There's no harm in linking people to personality test sites, right? More traffic for that site. It's like free press!

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I might use some online tests just to get a feel for the numbers. There's no harm in linking people to personality test sites, right? More traffic for that site. It's like free press!
Sounds like a good idea.