User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?

So I've noticed that I use a combination of functions. I use Ti in the fact that I can word anything perfectly, want to clearly define things, and want to constantly analyze things. I use Te in the fact that I often post objective facts to back my opinion, and also disagree with the way that Ti users often handle problem solving. Ti users seem like they just want to analyze things forever, and it seems like a lot of times they do the most useless shit just for the sake of understanding. Many times I find myself talking chatting privately with @Poimandres and I see him analyzing and talking about the most useless shit ever like the understanding of the cosmos, and philosophy and whatnot. When I hear him talking about this, I say to myself, "What's the point of this dude?" and "What purpose does this serve?" and "What goals/tasks can really be accomplished from this?" It just all seems so pointless ya know? (No offense Raptor Wizard). Also it seems like Ti users don't really take time management into consideration and don't seem to want to accomplish a goal from what they are doing. It really angers me when I think about it.

I think that I use Fe to a certain degree as well. I can easily tell what will offend people and always know what others reactions will be to what I am saying. In addition, a lot of times, I will hold back in order to not offend people. However, I think that I use Fi as well because I love to understand myself. I also love the feeling of being "real" and being true to yourself all the time. In fact, when someone tries to get me to change myself for any reason, it greatly angers me. I know "social rules" well and abide by them often, but when an Fe user tries to silence me for the sake of not offending the group, I WANT TO KILL THEM! Fi just seems like more "genuine" function to me and I just kind of like it more.

So what do you all think? Am I using a combination of functions or am I really an ENFP in disguise?

@EJCC
    @Elfboy
    @skylights @Magic Qwan
    @Rasofy

You all might want to check out this thread.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I always thought that ENTPs were suppost to be more practical than the theorizing INTPs.

I also thought that ENFPs trust themselves more than the diplomatic ENTPs.

You question yourself way too easily @The Great One (don't worry, I have the same problem). Maybe it's an NTP trait.

Also keep in mind that pretty much every ENFP tells you that you're an ENTP. I would suggest listening to them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Wanting to understand yourself isn't Fi, and a practical orientation towards problem solving isn't Te.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Also keep in mind that pretty much every ENFP tells you that you're an ENTP. I would suggest listening to them.
    ^ This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

There's a sort of cycle, in the sense that what is predominantly a subjective evaluation isn't a totally subjective process.

@INTP should be able to explain that better.

I think you're indeed an ENTP, fwiw.

Ti users seem like they just want to analyze things forever, and it seems like a lot of times they do the most useless shit just for the sake of understanding.
    Also it seems like Ti users don't really take time management into consideration and don't seem to want to accomplish a goal from what they are doing. It really angers me when I think about it.
    There's a tendency to find the learning process considerably more entertaining the implementing process, but that doesn't mean we would be happy just learning, without ever achieving anything.

I'm discounting extreme cases here. If I had to bet, I'd say the guy who turned down U$$ 1 million dollars for solving a math problem was a Ti-dom. He could care less about the outcome of his discovery.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Stansmith

You're Ti + 7 wing

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Your description of Fi does not ring any bells with me, which kinda makes me suspect you don't really understand what it means, and therefore you don't feel it in you.
    The rest, I can more or less empathize with you, especially the Ti/Te descriptions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I don't know what you are because I'm not entirely convinced that everyone fits perfectly in the box.

My ex boyfriend who I've mentioned before... I knew extremely well and to this day I'm not sure if he's enfp or entp. He didn't really doubt it and was sure that he was an enfp but to me it was very clear he used ti. We had conversations that lasted all night long due to his ti. I don't really see much te. Even tho he is a type 8. He seemed very type 8 but equally fi and ti.

So knowing that... It's just hard for me to have a clear opinion on your type.

I see ti and you don't vibe like the typical enfp or entp but maybe in person I'd have a clearer impression.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Society

you want to understand yourself better because your growing up son, and your trying to figure out how the one person that always follows you around ticks... i don't know if you've noticed but you've being trying to use Ti to do so - attempting to break yourself down into digestible aspects you can put under the microscope. now go back to the ENTP clubhouse corner & hook yourself up with an IV so that you can stand as a statue symbolizing a warning anecdote for all ENTPs about why people can find certain aspects of us annoying.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I do this same self-questioning…
    I think it could possibly xNxP in general that does it, though.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    you want to understand yourself better because your growing up son, and your trying to figure out how the one person that always follows you around ticks... i don't know if you've noticed but you've being trying to use Ti to do so - attempting to break yourself down into digestible aspects you can put under the microscope. now go back to the ENTP clubhouse corner & hook yourself up with an IV so that you can stand as a statue symbolizing a warning anecdote for all ENTPs about why people can find certain aspects of us annoying.
    Wow. Thanks for this post. This is probably the most helpful post that you've ever made. lol, I'll now go back to the ENTP clubhouse and hook myself up to the IV.