• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So I've noticed that I use a combination of functions. I use Ti in the fact that I can word anything perfectly, want to clearly define things, and want to constantly analyze things. I use Te in the fact that I often post objective facts to back my opinion, and also disagree with the way that Ti users often handle problem solving. Ti users seem like they just want to analyze things forever, and it seems like a lot of times they do the most useless shit just for the sake of understanding. Many times I find myself talking chatting privately with [MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION] and I see him analyzing and talking about the most useless shit ever like the understanding of the cosmos, and philosophy and whatnot. When I hear him talking about this, I say to myself, "What's the point of this dude?" and "What purpose does this serve?" and "What goals/tasks can really be accomplished from this?" It just all seems so pointless ya know? (No offense Raptor Wizard). Also it seems like Ti users don't really take time management into consideration and don't seem to want to accomplish a goal from what they are doing. It really angers me when I think about it.

I think that I use Fe to a certain degree as well. I can easily tell what will offend people and always know what others reactions will be to what I am saying. In addition, a lot of times, I will hold back in order to not offend people. However, I think that I use Fi as well because I love to understand myself. I also love the feeling of being "real" and being true to yourself all the time. In fact, when someone tries to get me to change myself for any reason, it greatly angers me. I know "social rules" well and abide by them often, but when an Fe user tries to silence me for the sake of not offending the group, I WANT TO KILL THEM! Fi just seems like more "genuine" function to me and I just kind of like it more.

So what do you all think? Am I using a combination of functions or am I really an ENFP in disguise?

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]

You all might want to check out this thread.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always thought that ENTPs were suppost to be more practical than the theorizing INTPs.

I also thought that ENFPs trust themselves more than the diplomatic ENTPs.

You question yourself way too easily [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] (don't worry, I have the same problem). Maybe it's an NTP trait.

Also keep in mind that pretty much every ENFP tells you that you're an ENTP. I would suggest listening to them.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wanting to understand yourself isn't Fi, and a practical orientation towards problem solving isn't Te.

Also:
Also keep in mind that pretty much every ENFP tells you that you're an ENTP. I would suggest listening to them.
^ This!

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a sort of cycle, in the sense that what is predominantly a subjective evaluation isn't a totally subjective process.

[MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] should be able to explain that better.

I think you're indeed an ENTP, fwiw.

Ti users seem like they just want to analyze things forever, and it seems like a lot of times they do the most useless shit just for the sake of understanding.
Also it seems like Ti users don't really take time management into consideration and don't seem to want to accomplish a goal from what they are doing. It really angers me when I think about it.
There's a tendency to find the learning process considerably more entertaining the implementing process, but that doesn't mean we would be happy just learning, without ever achieving anything.

I'm discounting extreme cases here. If I had to bet, I'd say the guy who turned down U$$ 1 million dollars for solving a math problem was a Ti-dom. He could care less about the outcome of his discovery.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your description of Fi does not ring any bells with me, which kinda makes me suspect you don't really understand what it means, and therefore you don't feel it in you.
The rest, I can more or less empathize with you, especially the Ti/Te descriptions.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what you are because I'm not entirely convinced that everyone fits perfectly in the box.

My ex boyfriend who I've mentioned before... I knew extremely well and to this day I'm not sure if he's enfp or entp. He didn't really doubt it and was sure that he was an enfp but to me it was very clear he used ti. We had conversations that lasted all night long due to his ti. I don't really see much te. Even tho he is a type 8. He seemed very type 8 but equally fi and ti.

So knowing that... It's just hard for me to have a clear opinion on your type.

I see ti and you don't vibe like the typical enfp or entp but maybe in person I'd have a clearer impression.

S

Society

you want to understand yourself better because your growing up son, and your trying to figure out how the one person that always follows you around ticks... i don't know if you've noticed but you've being trying to use Ti to do so - attempting to break yourself down into digestible aspects you can put under the microscope. now go back to the ENTP clubhouse corner & hook yourself up with an IV so that you can stand as a statue symbolizing a warning anecdote for all ENTPs about why people can find certain aspects of us annoying.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do this same self-questioning…
I think it could possibly xNxP in general that does it, though.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
you want to understand yourself better because your growing up son, and your trying to figure out how the one person that always follows you around ticks... i don't know if you've noticed but you've being trying to use Ti to do so - attempting to break yourself down into digestible aspects you can put under the microscope. now go back to the ENTP clubhouse corner & hook yourself up with an IV so that you can stand as a statue symbolizing a warning anecdote for all ENTPs about why people can find certain aspects of us annoying.

Wow. Thanks for this post. This is probably the most helpful post that you've ever made. lol, I'll now go back to the ENTP clubhouse and hook myself up to the IV.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i thought you ti types were grammar nazis. :dry:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm not a grammer nazi in the slightest. I am however a nazi of meanings; that isn't necessarily definitions either, which is a common attribution. Rather, I place a great amount of focus on the messages people are trying to convey.

Language after all is all about context. Certain styles of communication that may bend some rules here and there may actually be much more effective in expressing our thoughts.

I'm sure there's also plenty of IxTPs that police the stupid things, like being grammatically correct, but I for one certainly do not subsribe to that category.

S

Society

why would you think that?

i do think there's a smudge of truth about Ti doms being more inclined to immerse themselves in in the internal constructs guided by specific rule-sets, and grammar can certainly count as such, but that doesn't mean that if there is a ruleset out there a Ti dom would automatically be immersed within it, or for that matter, even care....

i suppose if we go by the currently accepted generalities, then it would be more accurate to say that Ti doms are often semantic nazi's. but i'm not even that - i have no divine dictionary in the center of the universe to worship - for me meanings are a lot more fluid then that, an ecology of concepts striving for their own niches, breeding as memes and gaining their meaning through use on one end, mutating and seeking differentiation through meaning to gain a momentum of use, and yet being filtered for extreme mutations on the other whenever they lead to communication failures or public shaming ensues. as a whole, it's quite a beautiful system. but pick any one aspect of the system on it's own and it would be utterly ridicules - in the end of the day, being a semantic nazi is the belief that there is only one appropriate neural chain reaction to an appropriate verbal trigger. how silly is that?

anyway - [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] - sorry if i was harsh - my last post was about 20% point 80% sarcasm - but the point still holds: your functions don't really drive you, they are more like your information digestive track - they are the answer to why you do things the way you do, not the answer for why you want to do them in the first place. the fact your goal is to better understand yourself doesn't tell me anything about what functions you use, but the way you are trying to do so does - you keep trying to break yourself down into focused manageable pieces.

worst ("worst" from the point of view of the FP that you aren't), you are sharing it with us. every FP i've known dislikes it when Ti is used on their own psyche. at best, some of them are intellectually appreciative of it, a friend of mine once compared it to a moral gynecologist - she understands the value of Ti and likes to check herself for any signs of malignant hypocrisy but "god damn it it's cold" and she can't wait until it's over. at worst, i've heard claims that it feels to them like open heart surgery while being awake.

you in contrast here you are, opening your brain's car engine and asking everyone to take a look, pick the parts with you and help you figure out what makes you tick.

you are no Fi user.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was probably just being shitty due to a pissy mood. Sorry about that [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]. I obviously can't be bothered to structure my sentences correctly either.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

I know this to be true with Ti dominance, not so much Ti auxillary. I do correct other peoples' grammar but not in a "your poor grammar makes me angry and I think you're are an idiot for it" kinda way. I'm usually more casual about it.

Otherwise I view INTJ's and ISTJ's as the syntax nazis.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]

Well thank you for your analysis. What changed in the past month though? I thought just a month ago you were telling me that you thought that I was a mistyped ENFP?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i think i agree with entp for you too

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know this to be true with Ti dominance, not so much Ti auxillary. I do correct other peoples' grammar but not in a "your poor grammar makes me angry and I think you're are an idiot for it" kinda way. I'm usually more casual about it.

Otherwise I view INTJ's and ISTJ's as the syntax nazis.

Then that is one more point for me when it comes to Ti aux.
I will frequently casually say "did you mean to say this?"

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Magic what's your entp gf say?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Magic what's your entp gf say?

Everyone says we act just alike. We talk about similar things and have similar interests. We are generally more confident when we are together, and very unstable feeling when we are apart. We are identical in many ways, but we also seem to balance each other somehow.