• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You don't "use" functions when it comes to your type. They are not skills or traits. It's a matter of mindset - how you experience reality and yourself. Whatever your dominant function is - you ARE that, you do not USE it. Of course it is not the whole of you, but your ego. But as far as your conscious self is concerned, that IS you. Now, functions are also used to refer to specific thought processes, and with experiments like Dario Nardi's, we're getting suggestions of how actual thought patterns do connect to personality & type. Here is where you may use some functions, and it shows how a type may use a thought process associated with their inferior functions, yet, they are not characterized by it.

So which characterizes you?

I disagree with this. I believe that cognitive functions do come with certain skills, otherwise certain types wouldn't flock to the same careers so often.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could see this with a very humanistic, sensitive ENTP vs a Sciencey, rational ENFP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I disagree with this. I believe that cognitive functions do come with certain skills, otherwise certain types wouldn't flock to the same careers so often.

Those preferences predispose you to developing talents in certain areas because of the way they are structured. But there are 'stupid' NTs, 'insensitive' NFs, 'rebellious' SJs and 'cautious' Sps as well. That does not make them any less that type though as they still use those preferences to navigate life. Talent and skill are usually the result of intense attention focus on that particular subject or skill set and our preferences can certainly guide us there. That doesnt mean they are guaranteed, however.

I worked with plenty of SJ psychologists - confirmed ones, as they took the professional test. As skilled as they are at their job, their way of working is still foreign to me, an NF - the breed that is supposedly is talented in this area.

And Mane is right; you're ENTP. One who has become interested in studying himself to better understand himself and face the world with that knowledge. But that does not make you self reflect, the way Fi users do. You're not seeking to learn how you work within so you can fine-tune your beliefs, your underlying value network and gain wisdom. You're seeking to learn how you are put together logically so you can game that system to your advantage. It is a *very* big difference. And I have to agree with Mane; to call that Fi introspection is like a butcher calling himself a surgeon. Call it what it is - Ti - and be the surgeon in that field instead of seeking to be one in Fi.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Theoretically speaking it would be very much possible to use all of those rationals at the very same time. It would be considerably easier for you to do so if I am going to take your status as an ENTP at face value, as you are a Ne dom. Your auxiliary functions are more or less going to be whatever the fuck you want them to be at whatever time. Granted you might have a preference, but you aren't going to really care about it. You just want to fuck around with various opportunities that you get from the environment. It is even possible for a Ti dom to use Fi, if it conforms to the demands of the user's rational to say that the Introverted Logic in question is something that they like. Though the Fi of a Ti dom is going to merely conform the Ti doms own biases. This goes the same with any other introverted or extroverted judging types.

I have no idea what The Great One is though, I just have to see him action if I particularly care about doing that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh ok. I thought that you thought that I was an Fi user because you said something to the effect of, "Do you notice that you are the only ENTP on this forum that keeps "striving to understand himself" or something to that effect. That made me think that you were under the impression that I was an Fi user. However, it now appears that you associate this more with type 6. Interesting.

Both 6w7's and type 7w6's with a strong 6 wing question themselves. Core 6w7's are much worse about this. Ironically, the 6w5 is just the opposite: where the 6w7 often does trust in themselves to solve problems, the 6w5's don't trust in other's to solve their problems.

I still wonder if I am a 6 with a strong 7 wing or a 7 with a strong 6 wing...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just take the MCMI, find out what your personality disorders are, and work on alleviating those.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Those preferences predispose you to developing talents in certain areas because of the way they are structured. But there are 'stupid' NTs, 'insensitive' NFs, 'rebellious' SJs and 'cautious' Sps as well. That does not make them any less that type though as they still use those preferences to navigate life. Talent and skill are usually the result of intense attention focus on that particular subject or skill set and our preferences can certainly guide us there. That doesnt mean they are guaranteed, however.

I worked with plenty of SJ psychologists - confirmed ones, as they took the professional test. As skilled as they are at their job, their way of working is still foreign to me, an NF - the breed that is supposedly is talented in this area.

And Mane is right; you're ENTP. One who has become interested in studying himself to better understand himself and face the world with that knowledge. But that does not make you self reflect, the way Fi users do. You're not seeking to learn how you work within so you can fine-tune your beliefs, your underlying value network and gain wisdom. You're seeking to learn how you are put together logically so you can game that system to your advantage. It is a *very* big difference. And I have to agree with Mane; to call that Fi introspection is like a butcher calling himself a surgeon. Call it what it is - Ti - and be the surgeon in that field instead of seeking to be one in Fi.

Yeah I'm probably ENTP, you're right.
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

You're a 6w7, not a 7w6.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah I'm probably ENTP, you're right.
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

You're a 6w7, not a 7w6.

I know, I just like 7w6...
It seems like it would be nice not to worry so much all the time...

Many of the things I worry about are things that WILL affect me, but that I have no control over. I also see how the world COULD improve, but I can see that the world will likely continue to disintegrate. I can't do anything about this, as I am just a single person. My first choice when dealing with something I can't change is to try to distract myself with something pleasurable, but if I can't find anything pleasurable to do or experience, as is currently the case... I analyze it to death trying to understand exactly what will affect me and how I can brace myself for it.

I am never truly at ease, beneath my cheery exterior, I am constantly writhing and twisting about on the inside.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I know, I just like 7w6...
It seems like it would be nice not to worry so much all the time...

Many of the things I worry about are things that WILL affect me, but that I have no control over. I also see how the world COULD improve, but I can see that the world will likely continue to disintegrate. I can't do anything about this, as I am just a single person. My first choice when dealing with something I can't change is to try to distract myself with something pleasurable, but if I can't find anything pleasurable to do or experience, as is currently the case... I analyze it to death trying to understand exactly what will affect me and how I can brace myself for it.

I am never truly at ease, beneath my cheery exterior, I am constantly writhing and twisting about on the inside.

Yeah I relate to all of this.

laymen

based on some writing I've found in internet, it said that the 6th cog function in our stacking is indeed dominant. So, based on that writing (if valid and everybody could verify), it is possible to use Ti along with Te, Fi+Fe, and so on.
Say you're ENFP, then the stacking :
Ne Fi Te Si // Ni Fe Ti Se, so it is possible to use Fi (as aux) and Fe as "another dominant"