User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?

Society

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Oh ok. I thought that you thought that I was an Fi user because you said something to the effect of, "Do you notice that you are the only ENTP on this forum that keeps "striving to understand himself"
    huh? almost every ENTP i've known strives to understand themselves. i was refering to you trying to get into the vein of "what it means to be an ENTP", which.. has little to nothing to do with understanding yourself, even if you are one.

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    huh? almost every ENTP i've known strives to understand themselves.
    I that that this was more an Fi thing though?

Society

I that that this was more an Fi thing though?
    nope.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

nope.
    I guess that Fi would do it more for "Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul" reasons of personal understanding, whereas the Ti users would do it to figure out how they work. For Ti users, I would imagine that it would be more like taking apart a machine and figuring how all the parts within them, work together at the same time.

Society

For Ti users, I would imagine that it would be more like taking apart a machine and figuring how all the parts within them, work together at the same time.
    exactly. which brings back my earlier point:

you keep trying to break yourself down into focused manageable pieces.

worst ("worst" from the point of view of the FP that you aren't), you are sharing it with us. every FP i've known dislikes it when Ti is used on their own psyche. at best, some of them are intellectually appreciative of it, a friend of mine once compared it to a moral gynecologist - she understands the value of Ti and likes to check herself for any signs of malignant hypocrisy but "god damn it it's cold" and she can't wait until it's over. at worst, i've heard claims that it feels to them like open heart surgery while being awake.

you in contrast here you are, opening your brain's car engine and asking everyone to take a look, pick the parts with you and help you figure out what makes you tick.

you are no Fi user.
    you keep picking apart your brain - your not looking deep inside like an Fi user, your surgically opening yourself like a Ti user.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Mane

These two ways of understanding (dissecting vs. looking deep within) can sort of look similar on the outside though. Can you give me more examples of the differences between each style so that I can have a better comprehension of these?

Society

@Mane

These two ways of understanding (dissecting vs. looking deep within) can sort of look similar on the outside though. Can you give me more examples of the differences between each style so that I can have a better comprehension of these?
    what is the expectation here? that i'd roleplay an FP user? that i'd put on a puppet show with an FP and a TP trying to figure themselves out? more metaphors about Ti opening brains like tin cans? i can give you my competing theories about the different nature between Ti & Fi - my own definition is that Ti/Te attempt to resolve cognitive dissonance in general (what doesn't make sense), while Fi/Fe attempt to resolve emotional dissonance in particular (what doesn't feel right). but there are so many theories & conflicting definitions out there, good luck figuring out which have a seed of truth and which are utter bullshit - mine could be bullshit as well - the difference is that i'm not working on Jungian etymological, i look at the patterns in people around me and try to figure out what makes them tick, and what makes them tick differently. if you want to see examples, just use this place. i don't know if you noticed but people here are wearing type tags. where else are you going to find that?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

what is the expectation here? that i'd roleplay an FP user? that i'd put on a puppet show with an FP and a TP trying to figure themselves out? more metaphors about Ti opening brains like tin cans? i can give you my competing theories about the different nature between Ti & Fi - my own definition is that Ti/Te attempt to resolve cognitive dissonance in general (what doesn't make sense), while Fi/Fe attempt to resolve emotional dissonance in particular (what doesn't feel right). but there are so many theories & conflicting definitions out there, good luck figuring out which have a seed of truth and which are utter bullshit - mine could be bullshit as well - the difference is that i'm not working on Jungian etymological, i look at the patterns in people around me and try to figure out what makes them tick, and what makes them tick differently. if you want to see examples, just use this place. i don't know if you noticed but people here are wearing type tags. where else are you going to find that?
    I think that your theory sounds plausible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I don't know what you are because I'm not entirely convinced that everyone fits perfectly in the box.
    Nobody is going to fit perfectly in the box. It's just that the art of typology has become lost in favor of dogmatic ideations about what a type is.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You don't "use" functions when it comes to your type. They are not skills or traits. It's a matter of mindset - how you experience reality and yourself. Whatever your dominant function is - you ARE that, you do not USE it. Of course it is not the whole of you, but your ego. But as far as your conscious self is concerned, that IS you. Now, functions are also used to refer to specific thought processes, and with experiments like Dario Nardi's, we're getting suggestions of how actual thought patterns do connect to personality & type. Here is where you may use some functions, and it shows how a type may use a thought process associated with their inferior functions, yet, they are not characterized by it.

So which characterizes you?
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast