• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it possible that I may be using some combination of Fi, Te, Ti, and Te?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah well I get that... I mean you don't have to be opposite types to balance each other I don't think.
Like even counselors aren't immune to needing counseling. If that makes sense.

S

Society

[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]

Well thank you for your analysis. What changed in the past month though? I thought just a month ago you were telling me that you thought that I was a mistyped ENFP?

er.. quote? i really don't remember doing that... i remember telling you that you seem a lot more interested in "what it means to be an ENTP" then the average ENTP, but i don't remember associating that with Fi... if anything i am inclined to associate that with you being an e6... perhaps seeking some sort of group affirmation? some confirmation that your ok because there are others like you? something to that affect.. it doesn't seem like a pure strive towards self understanding, anyway.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
er.. quote? i really don't remember doing that... i remember telling you that you seem a lot more interested in "what it means to be an ENTP" then the average ENTP, but i don't remember associating that with Fi... if anything i am inclined to associate that with you being an e6... perhaps seeking some sort of group affirmation? some confirmation that your ok because there are others like you? something to that affect.. it doesn't seem like a pure strive towards self understanding, anyway.

I suppose e6 covers that. Is that just with a wing, or core?

S

Society

i'd wager [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] correctly typed himself as an e6... also have you ever seen anyone untype themselves from e6? once you go e6, you've figured your mental fix...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i'd wager [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] correctly typed himself as an e6... also have you ever seen anyone untype themselves from e6? once you go e6, you've figured your mental fix...

I suspect myself to have a phobic e6 wing or a phobic e6 core…

S

Society

I suspect myself to have a phobic e6 wing or a phobic e6 core…

i identify more with 7w6, a lot of others seem to identify me more as a 7w8, i suppose they've made good arguments at times.. i'm probably a strong dose of both

when did you change from ENFP to ENTP btw? and why? (not saying that your incorrect to make that change, just genuinely curious as to what changed your mind)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i identify more with 7w6, a lot of others seem to identify me more as a 7w8, i suppose they've made good arguments at times.. i'm probably a strong dose of both

when did you change from ENFP to ENTP btw? and why? (not saying that your incorrect to make that change, just genuinely curious as to what changed your mind)

Truth is, while I am sensitive…I am also analytical. I ponder things and think about the mysteries of the universe. Do you watch Doctor Who?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Truth is, while I am sensitive…I am also analytical. I ponder things and think about the mysteries of the universe. Do you watch Doctor Who?

you're going to have to do better than that magic.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you're going to have to do better than that magic.

Truth is…
I just don't know anymore.

All that is crystal clear to me is that I am xNxP.
ENP only makes sense becuase it might explain me not being a classical extrovert. I will usually speak my mind unless I fear it might be offensive to somebody, might rock the boat, might be too controversial, or might trap me in someway (I always want freedom to move about and explore new worlds…).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Oh ok. I thought that you thought that I was an Fi user because you said something to the effect of, "Do you notice that you are the only ENTP on this forum that keeps "striving to understand himself" or something to that effect. That made me think that you were under the impression that I was an Fi user. However, it now appears that you associate this more with type 6. Interesting.

Both 6w7's and type 7w6's with a strong 6 wing question themselves. Core 6w7's are much worse about this. Ironically, the 6w5 is just the opposite: where the 6w7 often does trust in themselves to solve problems, the 6w5's don't trust in other's to solve their problems.

S

Society

Oh ok. I thought that you thought that I was an Fi user because you said something to the effect of, "Do you notice that you are the only ENTP on this forum that keeps "striving to understand himself"

huh? almost every ENTP i've known strives to understand themselves. i was refering to you trying to get into the vein of "what it means to be an ENTP", which.. has little to nothing to do with understanding yourself, even if you are one.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I guess that Fi would do it more for "Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul" reasons of personal understanding, whereas the Ti users would do it to figure out how they work. For Ti users, I would imagine that it would be more like taking apart a machine and figuring how all the parts within them, work together at the same time.

S

Society

For Ti users, I would imagine that it would be more like taking apart a machine and figuring how all the parts within them, work together at the same time.

exactly. which brings back my earlier point:

you keep trying to break yourself down into focused manageable pieces.

worst ("worst" from the point of view of the FP that you aren't), you are sharing it with us. every FP i've known dislikes it when Ti is used on their own psyche. at best, some of them are intellectually appreciative of it, a friend of mine once compared it to a moral gynecologist - she understands the value of Ti and likes to check herself for any signs of malignant hypocrisy but "god damn it it's cold" and she can't wait until it's over. at worst, i've heard claims that it feels to them like open heart surgery while being awake.

you in contrast here you are, opening your brain's car engine and asking everyone to take a look, pick the parts with you and help you figure out what makes you tick.

you are no Fi user.

you keep picking apart your brain - your not looking deep inside like an Fi user, your surgically opening yourself like a Ti user.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

These two ways of understanding (dissecting vs. looking deep within) can sort of look similar on the outside though. Can you give me more examples of the differences between each style so that I can have a better comprehension of these?

S

Society

These two ways of understanding (dissecting vs. looking deep within) can sort of look similar on the outside though. Can you give me more examples of the differences between each style so that I can have a better comprehension of these?

what is the expectation here? that i'd roleplay an FP user? that i'd put on a puppet show with an FP and a TP trying to figure themselves out? more metaphors about Ti opening brains like tin cans? i can give you my competing theories about the different nature between Ti & Fi - my own definition is that Ti/Te attempt to resolve cognitive dissonance in general (what doesn't make sense), while Fi/Fe attempt to resolve emotional dissonance in particular (what doesn't feel right). but there are so many theories & conflicting definitions out there, good luck figuring out which have a seed of truth and which are utter bullshit - mine could be bullshit as well - the difference is that i'm not working on Jungian etymological, i look at the patterns in people around me and try to figure out what makes them tick, and what makes them tick differently. if you want to see examples, just use this place. i don't know if you noticed but people here are wearing type tags. where else are you going to find that?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
what is the expectation here? that i'd roleplay an FP user? that i'd put on a puppet show with an FP and a TP trying to figure themselves out? more metaphors about Ti opening brains like tin cans? i can give you my competing theories about the different nature between Ti & Fi - my own definition is that Ti/Te attempt to resolve cognitive dissonance in general (what doesn't make sense), while Fi/Fe attempt to resolve emotional dissonance in particular (what doesn't feel right). but there are so many theories & conflicting definitions out there, good luck figuring out which have a seed of truth and which are utter bullshit - mine could be bullshit as well - the difference is that i'm not working on Jungian etymological, i look at the patterns in people around me and try to figure out what makes them tick, and what makes them tick differently. if you want to see examples, just use this place. i don't know if you noticed but people here are wearing type tags. where else are you going to find that?

I think that your theory sounds plausible.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what you are because I'm not entirely convinced that everyone fits perfectly in the box.

Nobody is going to fit perfectly in the box. It's just that the art of typology has become lost in favor of dogmatic ideations about what a type is.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't "use" functions when it comes to your type. They are not skills or traits. It's a matter of mindset - how you experience reality and yourself. Whatever your dominant function is - you ARE that, you do not USE it. Of course it is not the whole of you, but your ego. But as far as your conscious self is concerned, that IS you. Now, functions are also used to refer to specific thought processes, and with experiments like Dario Nardi's, we're getting suggestions of how actual thought patterns do connect to personality & type. Here is where you may use some functions, and it shows how a type may use a thought process associated with their inferior functions, yet, they are not characterized by it.

So which characterizes you?