User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    you want to understand yourself better because your growing up son, and your trying to figure out how the one person that always follows you around ticks... i don't know if you've noticed but you've being trying to use Ti to do so - attempting to break yourself down into digestible aspects you can put under the microscope. now go back to the ENTP clubhouse corner & hook yourself up with an IV so that you can stand as a statue symbolizing a warning anecdote for all ENTPs about why people can find certain aspects of us annoying.
    i thought you ti types were grammar nazis.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I'm not a grammer nazi in the slightest. I am however a nazi of meanings; that isn't necessarily definitions either, which is a common attribution. Rather, I place a great amount of focus on the messages people are trying to convey.

Language after all is all about context. Certain styles of communication that may bend some rules here and there may actually be much more effective in expressing our thoughts.

I'm sure there's also plenty of IxTPs that police the stupid things, like being grammatically correct, but I for one certainly do not subsribe to that category.

Society

why would you think that?

i do think there's a smudge of truth about Ti doms being more inclined to immerse themselves in in the internal constructs guided by specific rule-sets, and grammar can certainly count as such, but that doesn't mean that if there is a ruleset out there a Ti dom would automatically be immersed within it, or for that matter, even care....

i suppose if we go by the currently accepted generalities, then it would be more accurate to say that Ti doms are often semantic nazi's. but i'm not even that - i have no divine dictionary in the center of the universe to worship - for me meanings are a lot more fluid then that, an ecology of concepts striving for their own niches, breeding as memes and gaining their meaning through use on one end, mutating and seeking differentiation through meaning to gain a momentum of use, and yet being filtered for extreme mutations on the other whenever they lead to communication failures or public shaming ensues. as a whole, it's quite a beautiful system. but pick any one aspect of the system on it's own and it would be utterly ridicules - in the end of the day, being a semantic nazi is the belief that there is only one appropriate neural chain reaction to an appropriate verbal trigger. how silly is that?

anyway - @The Great One - sorry if i was harsh - my last post was about 20% point 80% sarcasm - but the point still holds: your functions don't really drive you, they are more like your information digestive track - they are the answer to why you do things the way you do, not the answer for why you want to do them in the first place. the fact your goal is to better understand yourself doesn't tell me anything about what functions you use, but the way you are trying to do so does - you keep trying to break yourself down into focused manageable pieces.

worst ("worst" from the point of view of the FP that you aren't), you are sharing it with us. every FP i've known dislikes it when Ti is used on their own psyche. at best, some of them are intellectually appreciative of it, a friend of mine once compared it to a moral gynecologist - she understands the value of Ti and likes to check herself for any signs of malignant hypocrisy but "god damn it it's cold" and she can't wait until it's over. at worst, i've heard claims that it feels to them like open heart surgery while being awake.

you in contrast here you are, opening your brain's car engine and asking everyone to take a look, pick the parts with you and help you figure out what makes you tick.

you are no Fi user.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I was probably just being shitty due to a pissy mood. Sorry about that @Mane. I obviously can't be bothered to structure my sentences correctly either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I know this to be true with Ti dominance, not so much Ti auxillary. I do correct other peoples' grammar but not in a "your poor grammar makes me angry and I think you're are an idiot for it" kinda way. I'm usually more casual about it.

Otherwise I view INTJ's and ISTJ's as the syntax nazis.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Mane

Well thank you for your analysis. What changed in the past month though? I thought just a month ago you were telling me that you thought that I was a mistyped ENFP?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i think i agree with entp for you too
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I know this to be true with Ti dominance, not so much Ti auxillary. I do correct other peoples' grammar but not in a "your poor grammar makes me angry and I think you're are an idiot for it" kinda way. I'm usually more casual about it.

Otherwise I view INTJ's and ISTJ's as the syntax nazis.
    Then that is one more point for me when it comes to Ti aux.
    I will frequently casually say "did you mean to say this?"
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Magic what's your entp gf say?
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Magic what's your entp gf say?
    Everyone says we act just alike. We talk about similar things and have similar interests. We are generally more confident when we are together, and very unstable feeling when we are apart. We are identical in many ways, but we also seem to balance each other somehow.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan