User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

I feel like this question is really "are you more defined by what you are, or what you aren't?" I think that depends on your perspective, and is philosophical in nature.

And for further perspective, your 3rd and 4th functions are relatively strong, as compared to 5th-8th.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    @Saturned, do you mean that "inferior" functions are akin to how our inner forts are (gooey/pillowy/reptilian blood/stormy/etc) whereas "dominant" functions are what we're more likely to show (mazes/ice/warm sunny beaches/etc)?

*thinks*
    I think possibly I mean that the quest to become one with our inferior is what our lives are threaded with and that seeking out is more definitive than which we just simply are be default. That the seeking out of something, the earning of it, is more important that what we were just freely given at birth by whatever twisted mating of soul and thought became our personality out of the ether abyss.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think possibly I mean that the quest to become one with our inferior is what our lives are threaded with and that seeking out is more definitive than which we just simply are be default. That the seeking out of something, the earning of it, is more important that what we were just freely given at birth by whatever twisted mating of soul and thought became our personality out of the ether abyss.
    So do you believe that we can or should try to achieve a stronger inferior function?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

NPcomplete

Aha! The everlasting chasing of starlight then.

Mayhaps.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by mingularity View Post
    I feel like this question is really "are you more defined by what you are, or what you aren't?" I think that depends on your perspective, and is philosophical in nature.

And for further perspective, your 3rd and 4th functions are relatively strong, as compared to 5th-8th.
    Yes. Me + Ti = no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    So do you believe that we can or should try to achieve a stronger inferior function?
    I believe it happens whether we will it or not as our course is set shooting straight on to the third star on the right.

Problems may arise when people try to submit new coordinates into the starship thinking that they can do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs or something.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Aha! The everlasting chasing of starlight then.

Mayhaps.
    We always think alike my dearest heart-twin-girl. ;,; (HAPPY SQUID FACE SAYS MOAR STARS)

I think it may be time for Muse.

I also think that this starlight, should we live long enough, is something that we shall obtain. At first it is merely that pinprick of light aways off but then closaire eet comes to us and then boom, magical unicorn lovefest with glitter and wings and snuggle soft laundry detergent wafting towards us and it is magical.

NPcomplete

We always think alike my dearest heart-twin-girl. ;,; (HAPPY SQUID FACE SAYS MOAR STARS)

I think it may be time for Muse.

I also think that this starlight, should we live long enough, is something that we shall obtain. At first it is merely that pinprick of light aways off but then closaire eet comes to us and then boom, magical unicorn lovefest with glitter and wings and snuggle soft laundry detergent wafting towards us and it is magical.
    Yes, we do, my dearest squid.

As we travel towards starlight, so does the starlight travel towards us. How to snatch the light and save it in the endless drive of the black hole of our hearts before we become Depends-dependent and breathe our eventual last?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    So never having caused a genocide defines you just as much as having starting your own business in high school?

I doubt it. /whisper
    Since my post was woefully misinterpreted, I'll send you an instruction manual. Don't worry, it'll be written in braille.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't think so, at all. Like Nicodemus, I identify and think I am better identified by the qualities that I have rather than the ones I lack.

I also reject the notion that MBTI or Jungian growth has to include "development" of the inferior until you can "use" it like someone with it as the dominant would. I think it comes more from reducing or eliminating the psychological friction the inferior causes with the will.

Maybe Saturned just wants to be in Slytherin instead of Ravenclaw.