MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    snip
    I have an odd question about the friends with benefits thing, because I may have had a misconception. I don't know if it's appropriate to ask or not, but it stood out to me.

Anyway, it seems like the main issue for you with emotional connection is that you're primarily opposed to it when it's not reciprocated. It doesn't seem like you're opposed to it on principal. It seems like you're open to it when you feel it too. Would this be correct? If so, the process makes more sense than I thought previously, where I just assumed that people who did this were opposed to emotional involvement of any kind, which I always found puzzling. In a FWB situation, this is terminated when emotional connection develops because it's not mutual?

I realize it's a really fuckng weird question, but how else am I going to get an answer?

I'll need to run this data through my backup processors.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Typing is so cool it is the perfect cover for our nastiest impulses. Typing is so cool we can indulge our cruelty without appearing to do so. Typing is so cool we can get our revenge while appearing to be innocently analytic. For appearance is everything here, and everything is just as it appears. Sweet.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Typing is so cool it is the perfect cover for our nastiest impulses. Typing is so cool we can indulge our cruelty without appearing to do so. Typing is so cool we can get our revenge while appearing to be innocently analytic. For appearance is everything here, and everything is just as it appears. Sweet.
    Isn't that the beautiful thing of being human, the endless classification?

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Do I need to post another picture of Danny Devito?

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Some people consider classification to be the root of all evil. In some circles, it's trendy to think this way. They prefer being beasts, I suppose. I guess that's fine, but the problem is that they expect the rest of us to clean up the messes they cause.

Or maybe he's right, and I did feel perfectly normal and genuine until one day found out about typology, and then became a robot just because of a test I took.

Obviously all this logic shit is a front hiding some genuine self. This is why appearing "genuine" to others takes so much more work than using this logic. I'm glad we have so many people around to point out that instead of being so pretentious all the time, I can just be "real."
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

enfp bf- one of my favorite people ive met seriously...he was my best friend. i knew without question how much this guy cared for me...i loved the way he saw me...and i liked who i was with him. i was always proud to be with him and loved how great he was with everyone i introduced him to. he was silly but so thoughtful and intelligent....just truly a beautiful person

What happened to this relationship?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Oh no. I feel quite the opposite. It's like all of the things I've allowed myself to become annoyed with in others suddenly has a very good explanation, and those ways of dealing with the world that I don't understand are the very things that I'm missing and cause me to suffer sometimes. It really helps put the whole big picture of all the human puzzle pieces that make up our world in perspective.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Oh no. I feel quite the opposite. It's like all of the things I've allowed myself to become annoyed with in others suddenly has a very good explanation, and those ways of dealing with the world that I don't understand are the very things that I'm missing and cause me to suffer sometimes. It really helps put the whole big picture of all the human puzzle pieces that make up our world in perspective.
    THANK YOU. I'm not acting the way I am to fit some type. I acted like this before I ever found out about typology. Typology just provided context and an explanation of sorts. It was also nice to realize that I wasn't actually a weirdo, and that I am not in fact a special snowflake. Snowflakes melt.

Visit my Johari:

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    THANK YOU. I'm not acting the way I am to fit some type. I acted like this before I ever found out about typology. Typology just provided context and an explanation of sorts. It was also nice to feel like (less) of a weirdo, and that I'm not actually a special snowflake. Snowflakes melt.
    Absolutely! That's the flip side of it too. I'm on the up-swing from a period of some real hatred toward certain parts of myself. It's really helped me in the self-love department as well.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Endless classification is being in class forever.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Endless classification is being in class forever.
    So?

Visit my Johari: