User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    That's a funny observation. I don't think I come up with things quite like that, but I definitely see how that could be a product of Ne at work. I have been told I make connections between concepts, I guess word combinations wouldn't be excluded from that. For me though, it's usually in the form of a one-liner or...I don't know, longer phrase? I like to find connections to references, either personal experiences (recalling a shared experience in a funny way) or quotes from movies that are connected in a novel way. I think the most unifying concept is that it's best when I'm engaging with others and the energy is moving.
    Yeah me too... I'm not ne in that way. Tho I've seen it and get it. It's just rarely how mine comes out.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    With Ne art, it's like "Bam! Here's something really weird/quirky, Bam! here's another weird quirky thing", while Ni-art is like casually walking inside your house and finding a group of cross-dressing dogs playing poker, and then having to watch them do that for 20 minutes.

Ne-imagination is just ADHD, while Ni-imagination is like schizophrenia or an acid trip to people who don't get it.
    Ahh yes. I fully have both going on in my head.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Society

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I think the very act of politicking itself has gone unchanged since its inception: convincing a group of people you know what will objectively satisfy their conditional interests with the greatest propensity.
    but we aren't talking about the objective one desires - we're talking about the mental tools to achieve it: more localized information distribution systems can give an Ne dom a level of freedom to think of the right solutions and promises for the people he's speaking too, even if conflicting with larger value schemes, while more centralized media might push into being judged on one's consistency, which Ne doms aren't known for.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    For some reason, every time I think of Extraverted Intuition (Ne), my mind always goes to people devising absurdist scenarios by mixing strange things together, coming up with things such as "vampire unicorns" and "robot ninja dinosaurs" or "nazi pirates". Perhaps this is because all of my friends who utilize Ne as one of their dominant functions have expressed this sort of absurdism themselves.

I myself am mildly amused by trying to imagine such combinations; but through virtue of my more Introverted use of Intuition, my mind usually ends up trying to imagine such ideas in the context of a meaningful plot and story (I think this is because my Introverted Intuition creates little videos or pictures in my mind that capture the essence of the ideas I'm thinking about, which is why I want to go into some form of visual storytelling as a career.)

Do you think such willingness to enjoy and follow through with such ideas an indicator of Ne-usage?
    It's something i really enjoy watching, i understand it well and can play the game, especially with another person bouncing random but it's not a default setting of mine. Actually it's something I notice far more frequently in persons who use Ne as s second function... INFP and INTP.

But anyway... heres a fun clip ... it fits the bill.

"We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    I think that @msg_v2 has the right idea with Ne being global and Se being local. And therein lays the issue both in how they are perceived online and the disconnection with reality. Se is a localised perception function it absorbs the information at hand to help to make a decision. Ne is a global perception function it grabs every pattern it has ever made and tries to apply it to the situation, usually unconsciously. That is the reason Se has the reputation it does because it is so very localised the further away you view it from the more absurd it seems, the more disconnected it is from the events around it. Ne has the opposite effect going on the closer you are to it the more it seems so very strange, but the further away you look at it from the more sense it makes. Which let’s face it creates a strange situation where in reality Se makes perfect sense and Ne is just plain mad, and through the disconnected looking glass that is online communication, the reverse is true.

As for the example about your sister, that was kind of a terrible example of being absurd. I mean if I was to speculate, and make grand assumptions, I would guess that you are from the southern states of America. Somewhere in the Bible Belt, and that the performance had more to do with showing their contempt and anger at the current social and political conventions of the state and area; mainly because chanting the same thing over and over is usually a sign of intense anger.

At the OP, the thing to remember about Ne dominant and auxiliaries is that their absurd statements are often either a metaphor or an analogy for something else it’s a tool for expressing multiple points of view and layered meaning as succinctly as possible.
    Right yes exactly just a teenage girl being all random silly with a friend. Not an indicator of ne

Ne is more likely to show itself in Conversation as a random at first comment that people are like wtf!? Where the hell did that come from!? And then... Oh... Actually that's fucking spot on! Or that's fucking hilariously accurate omg did you actually just say that!?
    -Jim Morrison

ReflecTcelfeR

As a supposed extroverted intuitive dominant user. I find that absurdism isn't correlated simply with dominant usage, but also with the opposite extreme and I think that the absurdism does only indicate Ne-istic tendencies and I would actually believe that frequency of the absurdism is more connected with the place within the system it occupies.

I hold the belief that Ne dominants have a more refined approach to the absurdism and though the association in question aren't always correct, they are done with more precision.

*after actually reading the OP*

Yeah, I think my post is still relevant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------