User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    Oooh, I like what everybody's said so far, but Stansmith, you've really given me some gems to ponder about!

Yes, I was almost wondering the same thing! Introverted Intuition is almost like Introverted Feeling in some ways, because it's so visceral and difficult to put into literal words. For instance, as a very young child I remember one time having to choose between wanting to accompany my mom or my dad on their errands, because I knew that if I chose one, then I would hurt the other's feelings. I remember getting a really strong mental vision of what might happen if I split myself in half down the center of my body, so that one half of me could accompany my mom, holding her hand and hopping around on one leg, while the other could do the same with my dad while they each did their separate errands. Hell, the vision had its own orchestrated music accompanying it, something that I remember even to this day; it was a brisk and frenetic piece that kept changing keys and sounded like it would come out of movie like The Great Mouse Detective. Only a few seconds into the visison, I realized that my eyes and ears would be seeing and hearing two separate things at once, and that the situation would be way too overwhelming for me to be able to bear. That vision stuck with me for a long time, and I can't really explain how it's affected the way I view certain concepts, like being in two places at once...but I couldn't have been older that 3 or 4 at the time it happened and I still remember it to this day, so it must have had a profound impact.

I think you might be right about this one too! Such absurdism seems to be more common on the internet than anywhere else, I've noticed, but TV shows like Adventure Time are starting to pick up on it (but it's always existed even in old Loony Tunes 'toons!)
    Yup. Ne is fast-paced and tangential, while Ni sticks to one weird idea and expands it. That's not to say I couldn't do what you just described, but I'd imagine I'd have to be really high to go to that deep into it. My imagination would go:

"What if I just split myself in half, then I'd be able to do everything at once. I'd be able to do alot of things at once. The two halves would just form into 2 wholes. But which one would I be? Lol, whatever."

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Yup. Ne is fast-paced and tangential, while Ni sticks to one weird idea and expands it.
    I do both of these things.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i don't get you. but you probably don't get me so its win/win
    Yes, Id say you're pretty much right, I cant read you either.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Yes, Id say you're pretty much right, I cant read you either.
    good because my words are sensitive salted wounds, and i don't know you well enough to expose them to you. nah that sounded emo lol. sorry i'm actually straight forward with most things. unless i think what i'm gonna say might get me shot or something.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    good because my words are sensitive salted wounds, and i don't know you well enough to expose them to you. nah that sounded emo lol. sorry i'm actually straight forward with most things. unless i think what i'm gonna say might get me shot or something.
    Since we're on the subject, what I dont get about you is simply your tone, or at least how I perceive it; Im not sure if you're serious when you say something or not, like when right in this post you say "my words are sensitive salted wounds" then say it sounds too emo...why do you say that lol? Although I admit its hard to tell tone through text, nor am I asking you to change. Im just saying what I dont get.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Since we're on the subject, what I dont get about you is simply your tone, or at least how I perceive it; Im not sure if you're serious when you say something or not, like when right in this post you say "my words are sensitive salted wounds" then say it sounds too emo...why do you say that lol? Although I admit its hard to tell tone through text, nor am I asking you to change. Im just saying what I dont get.
    that sounds too emo, is an indication that i was making a joke
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Ni

This is creepy, am I even supposed to be watching this? What does this mean? What kind of opiates is this man taking?

Ne

Quirky stuff there. Quirky stuff here. More quirky stuff.
    I'm unable to view the clips myself (internet problems) but I agree with your assessments of Ni weirdness. However, Tarantino is totally a Se-user not Ne. Se has it's own brand of quirk too, but it's different from the Ne kind.

Ne examples of absurdity I would cite would be more along the lines of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a lot of Monty Python, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, The Colbert Report, Flight of the Conchords, and Charlie Kaufman films (eg. Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    a lot of Monty Python
    Especially Terry Gilliam cartoons.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

dolphin-ately. for sharks.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm unable to view the clips myself (internet problems) but I agree with your assessments of Ni weirdness. However, Tarantino is totally a Se-user not Ne. Se has it's own brand of quirk too, but it's different from the Ne kind.

Ne examples of absurdity I would cite would be more along the lines of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a lot of Monty Python, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, The Colbert Report, Flight of the Conchords, and Charlie Kaufman films (eg. Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).
    I've always wondered why Tarantino is typed Ne-dom (perhaps cuz he's e7?)... I think he is Se-dom also. Pe types in general are non-linear & random though.

There is a specific kind of absurdity that I associate with Ne also. It's beyond "quirk".

A lot of ESxJs use Ne in their humor (that's mainly how I see them use it), being the tertiary relief. When they get goofy, it can be very Ne. Tangents which don't combine into some whole, bigger picture is more indicative of inferior Ne though. SJs do these linear tangents, where one idea leads to the next but it doesn't all relate in the end. Ne types, when given long enough, will bring it all back around to show how it ALL connects & forms a larger idea.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe