First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    With Ne art, it's like "Bam! Here's something really weird/quirky, Bam! here's another weird quirky thing", while Ni-art is like casually walking inside your house and finding a group of cross-dressing dogs playing poker, and then having to watch them do that for 20 minutes.
    Posts like these are one reason I still hang out on type forums.

Ne-imagination is just ADHD, while Ni-imagination is like schizophrenia or an acid trip to people who don't get it.
    In general, that's not a bad metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Define "weird" and "out there".
    Considering some of the humor possible, people would rather have it "out there" and far away than "in here" with them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I get told i'm ridiculous, does that make me absurd aswell?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Considering some of the humor possible, people would rather have it "out there" and far away than "in here" with them.
    Examples?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

This isn't necessarily function related and probably not Ne or Ni.

But I was at work the other day and my stock manager told my work colleague that a person who he knew, had died while driving his lorry from a heart attack. She also recounted that a friend of hers, a biker, had also died in a crash with a lorry.

I don't know why, but the connection in my mind that perhaps the man who had a heart attack had driven into the man who hit a lorry....really tickled me and made me want to laugh and point this out to the others.

I didn't primarily because I could see the negative consequences of doing so and certainly I intended no disrespect to those who had now lost some friends.

But things like that make me laugh, I find that to be a beauty in personal perspective, that I can laugh at something others would consider socially reprehensible and I feel little to no shame in doing so because of the rationalisation I can use to justify my response. In this case, if my death were to make others laugh I would call it a wonderful gift to leave on.

On the other hand, my normal sense of humour is to either point out some little discrepancy in behaviour or event that makes me chuckle at myself or others based on our species. Or simply to draw random connections together and weave them into something that is usually ridiculous and given a willing audience; can become an entire story based around one piece of information.

I usually take the latter type a bit too far.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

lol omg this thread deserves a shit-fest of trolling *cof* i mean ne absurdities

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think it is the nature of Ne to overlap/put things together... to want to combine ALL THE THINGS. And sometimes humor results.

Stansmith

Ni

This is creepy, am I even supposed to be watching this? What does this mean? What kind of opiates is this man taking?

Ne

Quirky stuff there. Quirky stuff here. More quirky stuff.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Oooh, I like what everybody's said so far, but Stansmith, you've really given me some gems to ponder about!

With Ne art, it's like "Bam! Here's something really weird/quirky, Bam! here's another weird quirky thing", while Ni-art is like casually walking inside your house and finding a group of cross-dressing dogs playing poker, and then having to watch them do that for 20 minutes.

Ne-imagination is just ADHD, while Ni-imagination is like schizophrenia or an acid trip to people who don't get it.
    Yes, I was almost wondering the same thing! Introverted Intuition is almost like Introverted Feeling in some ways, because it's so visceral and difficult to put into literal words. For instance, as a very young child I remember one time having to choose between wanting to accompany my mom or my dad on their errands, because I knew that if I chose one, then I would hurt the other's feelings. I remember getting a really strong mental vision of what might happen if I split myself in half down the center of my body, so that one half of me could accompany my mom, holding her hand and hopping around on one leg, while the other could do the same with my dad while they each did their separate errands. Hell, the vision had its own orchestrated music accompanying it, something that I remember even to this day; it was a brisk and frenetic piece that kept changing keys and sounded like it would come out of movie like The Great Mouse Detective. Only a few seconds into the visison, I realized that my eyes and ears would be seeing and hearing two separate things at once, and that the situation would be way too overwhelming for me to be able to bear. That vision stuck with me for a long time, and I can't really explain how it's affected the way I view certain concepts, like being in two places at once...but I couldn't have been older that 3 or 4 at the time it happened and I still remember it to this day, so it must have had a profound impact.

Alot of ESxP's fake Ne humor alot nowadays too. It's trendy. Look at the type of humor that's being used in all social media now.
    I think you might be right about this one too! Such absurdism seems to be more common on the internet than anywhere else, I've noticed, but TV shows like Adventure Time are starting to pick up on it (but it's always existed even in old Loony Tunes 'toons!)

This is weird, am I even supposed to be watching this? What does this mean?
    I've always asked myself the same question w/respect to Stanley Kubrick's films.

MBTI
    yupp

Ni

video of stuff

This is creepy, am I even supposed to be watching this? What does this mean? What kind of opiates is this man taking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I've always asked myself the same question w/respect to Stanley Kubrick's films.
    i don't get you. but you probably don't get me so its win/win
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so