User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Default Extroverts, how often do you need time to yourself?

Under what circumstances do you not want any more interaction? How often, if ever, do you withdraw to recharge? If you never tire of people that you like, then what about people who are unpleasant or who don't understand you?

Stansmith

I withdraw due to anhedonia and anxiety. I can't socialize anymore without eventually thinking "what am I gaining from this?" There's no novelty, there's no excitement, there's no improvement, there's no intensity. Just a circle-jerk of close minded people smoking weed and talking about basketball in a boring apartment.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

I wouldn't call it 'time for myself', but I just don't like having people around when I'm on the toilet. Idk, I call that privacy. Apart from that I never need time for myself.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    I wouldn't call it 'time for myself', but I just don't like having people around when I'm on the toilet. Idk, I call that privacy. Apart from that I never need time for myself.
    lol! This is a great post. Thanks for this.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    This blows my mind.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    This blows my mind.
    I know, right? Me too. Just reading that made me want to lock myself up in my bathroom to get more privacy.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Heh, I need a few hours per day.

MBTI
    enfp

I find that feeling excluded/awkward drains my energy extremely quickly, as does meeting new people who don't seem too enthusiastic about my company. Because of this I think a lot of people are surprised that i'm an extrovert (i'm not horribly loud either!)--but when i'm comfortable with people I can stay the whole day with them and wish I didn't have to go home even at 12am, for weeks on end. it's nearly like having good powerups and bad energy-sink traps!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Heh, I need a few hours per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by 31january View Post
    I find that feeling excluded/awkward drains my energy extremely quickly, as does meeting new people who don't seem too enthusiastic about my company. Because of this I think a lot of people are surprised that i'm an extrovert (i'm not horribly loud either!)--but when i'm comfortable with people I can stay the whole day with them and wish I didn't have to go home even at 12am, for weeks on end. it's nearly like having good powerups and bad energy-sink traps!
    Thanks, you guys!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

More and more as I get older. I can relate to what @Stansmith said about needing to get out of stagnate-feeling situations where I feel unfulfilled by the conversation or people there. That makes me crave intimate and deep conversation or research usually. If I feel that I don't have a choice in what I do in a certain setting, I usually want to get out and be on my own. I have a tendency to wander off by myself when I'm out places with groups of people. A little personal adventure is often exactly what I need, and then I'm ready to rejoin for a while.

A lot of time, I'll go go go and then my mind kind of demands down time. I do a lot of reflecting and deep thinking, and can kind of get stuck there if I've neglected my need for it for too long. I wound up depressed because of that a few years ago, and have since tried to build quiet reflection time into my life so that I don't wind up desperate for it.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.