• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type least likely to be in Organized crime?

S

Stansmith

I think xNFPs are the only type that almost never get directly involved in it. Every crime film is filled with SJs, SPs, NTs and xNFJs, with maybe one random non-involved family member or spouse being xNFP. Not to mention, ENFPs would inadvertently offend most of them like crazy.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs are a little gullible though, so maybe we could wind up in the middle of something we didn't intend to? I, for one, know that if that were the case I would ruin it immediately because I'm a terrible sneaker/deceiver. I just end up blowing covers.

baccheion

INTP. Maybe ENFP. I would say INFP as well, but I see a lot of them caught up in things like these. It's also hard to rule out any F, though, especially because the women have a habit of being attracted to thugs and bad boys. So while they aren't directly involved, they'd be participating in other ways.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs are a little gullible though, so maybe we could wind up in the middle of something we didn't intend to? I, for one, know that if that were the case I would ruin it immediately because I'm a terrible sneaker/deceiver. I just end up blowing covers.

I was just going to say this. ENFPs wouldnt work...at least myself, I have my mouth connected to my brain, which can cause a lot of social faux-pas. And...sometimes stupidly gullible, yes.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Psssh.

INFP is perfect for organised crime, our internal moral centre lets us decide what's right and what's wrong. Now, the PLANNING i'd need someone to bounce ideas off.

Hang on, what is your idea of 'crime'?

S

Stansmith

Psssh.

INFP is perfect for organised crime, our internal moral centre lets us decide what's right and what's wrong. Now, the PLANNING i'd need someone to bounce ideas off.

Hang on, what is your idea of 'crime'?

Goodfellas, Scarface, gang land, breaking bad type crime

S

Stansmith

I've noticed 7s in general tend to piss alot of people off, especially in organized crime (based on fiction). The 8w9s get pissed off by the 7's recklessness and carefree attitude

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Goodfellas, Scarface, gang land, breaking bad type crime

oh, in that case I stand by my internal values system of certain INFP's being okay with this and actively involved.

S

Stansmith

oh, in that case I stand by my internal values system of certain INFP's being okay with this and actively involved.

I think an INFP would have to be running his own organization a la Charles Manson, because most aren't gonna be in line with an INFP's values. There's a certain degree of emotional detachment involved that I think would be extremely difficult for an INFP to mesh well with.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I think an INFP would have to be running his own organization a la Charles Manson, because most aren't gonna be in line with an INFP's values.

How do you know? Fi is it's own internal value system. If it can be reasoned and found to be okay, then they tend to not have a problem with it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about disorganized crime?

S

Stansmith

What about disorganized crime?

Streetgangs seem more SP-friendly with maybe a few strategic NJs; I think ENxPs would be seen as effeminate or smart-asses in that enviroment.

Individual crimes or acts of psychopathy could be anybody.

R

Riva

Yes probably NFPs.

There was a thread which questioned which type would be the worst for the military and there was this one particular post I liked and agreed with which will probably be applicable to this thread too.

INFP

If you change any one of those letters, there's a good chance it will still be a bad match.

S

Stansmith

^Agreed.

INFP

If you change any one of those letters, there's a good chance it will still be a bad match.

ENFP - A good Ne-Te loop and maybe some emotional resonance (ie; an ENFP fighting against Nazis during WWII)

ISFP - Could probably detach from Fi a bit easier, focusing on the task at hand and immediate survival.

INTP - Would only care about getting the job over with and going back home. Would be more annoyed than traumatized. Mindset would be "If you're gonna enlist yourself in a radical terrorist group and shoot at American soldiers, you should know what so expect"

INFJ - Similar to the ENFP situation

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
What's happening? How did you quote something I never wrote?!? :unsure:

He's quoting you from the military thread. Not the crime one.

I'll add an anecdote from real life for you guys. An INFP I know and her ENTP boyfriend ran a meth lab out of their kitchen for nearly two years. She had no problem with arranging the distribution of manufactured goods nor was she in any moral quandary about it.

All I'm saying is that you can't discount Fi and internal values from not being okay with 'crime'.

Not all feelers are fluffy bunnies.