• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Funniest Type?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My husband [MENTION=19332]kquirk[/MENTION] brought this question up last night. Of course, funny is subjective, but I'm curious to hear some responses to this. He's an INTJ and we both find each other pretty funny. We also tend to agree on what's funny or not when it comes to comedians, movies, friends, etc.

So, who are the funniest in your experience, and how/why?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your own type and those close by: people you share a sense of humor with.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it would depend on a lot of factors really... in my household we find each other entertaining, but can't agree on what's funny as far as entertainment goes... he's a big fan of stand up comedy and YouTube videos of people doing stupid things most of the time, and they might make me smile a bit, but I rarely laugh out loud at either of those things. On the other hand, I tend to adore wordplay or some good old fashioned contrived slapstick (think the 3 stooges)... I was in tears laughing at an episode of Black Books a while back and it only made him smile a little :doh:

both of us take evil glee in trying to top each other with blatantly corny puns though :cheese:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I agree that it's types similar to you probably.

I think enfp, intp, infp, entp and some older esfjs.

I like ne humor.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The two known ISTJs in my life are some of the funniest people I know hands down. Their types are opposite of mine, but I feel like I'm always cracking up when they're around. They don't say the witty, cutting things that my INTJ entertains me with, but they're both a well of off-the-wall comments that get me every time. Think like poop/fart jokes and making sobering comments or observations about anything too "heady" or pretentious. For example my ISTJ sister calls any food that isn't pizza or chicken nuggets or the like "gay healthy shit" even if it's a fancy or ethnic dish that's loaded with sugar and fat. I don't condone the use of the word 'gay' in that way, but that point of view just hits me in the funny bone.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ haha i know whatcha mean. i didn't really think my istj exhusband was funny like in a comedic way but him being so anal and persnickety about stuff always made me laugh.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm pretty funny in real life. Whatever type I am.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] great answer, doll!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I agree that it's types similar to you probably.

I think enfp, intp, infp, entp and some older esfjs.

I like ne humor.

+3

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
its more about instincts, so sx are definately the best comedians.

i would say infp's, but it only applies on so sx infp's soo...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting point of view [MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION]. Why do you say it's based on instincts?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting point of view [MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION]. Why do you say it's based on instincts?

well look at sp doms. they are dull. and their humour is.. dry. -.-
i guess someone might like that, i dont.
i like so sx's bubbly humour.
sx so's rude humour is fun too.

one so sp i knew wasnt bad either. i guess the so doms have a good grip on that stuff.

ennea also seems to have a big impact. like nines, i find their humour a bit contentless, at least when compared to 7's.

my humour is mostly me pretending something, or making fun of others stupidity.

S

Society

this could probably use an open poll (so you can check the types of the people who voted for some types more than others)...

the friends who make me laugh the most are predominantly ISTPs, followed by NJ bemusement.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The funniest person I know is an INTJ

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP is the funniest to me - I love their dry, subtle, incisive humor. I find them hard to approach and talk to in real life, but online they make me laugh inside more than any other type.

ENTPs are the ones who actually make me laugh out loud the most. I think my two of my favorite comedians (Bill Hicks and George Carlin) were ENTP.

I find xNTPs have a gift for satire, and articulating exactly what's wrong and/or idiotic about a situation with one brutally witty sarcastic aside.

Last edited: