• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type an IQ... Again!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, and how dare I forget...

NP's pwn all your intellectually inferior NJ asses.

:smooch:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Last official IQ test was senior year of high school and I scored 110, part of me is convinced if I hadn't forgotten about it the night before and wasn't so hung over to the point I couldn't really focus it would have been higher.

maybe that's just making myself feel better

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
CaptianChick, you're not looking at proportions. Also, just because somebody's in a 'gifted' program doesn't mean they're very bright.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CaptianChick, you're not looking at proportions. Also, just because somebody's in a 'gifted' program doesn't mean they're very bright.

Let her have fun
just kidding

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Let her have fun
just kidding
Damn straight, I'm having fun!

But probably not nearly as much fun as you, Hap, and your fellow INFJ and INTJ's are having.

After all, I hear stupidity is bliss!!!

*pets each and every one of you on top of your cute little dense heads*

:yes:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damn straight, I'm having fun!

But probably not nearly as much fun as you, Hap, and your fellow INFJ and INTJ's are having.

After all, I hear stupidity is bliss!!!

*pets each and every one of your cute little dense heads*

" watch her steady, lonesome gait, and beware "

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh, come now. INJs aren't dumb, they're just absolutely batshit insane.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Gifted/Norm Ratio
INTP: 3.40
INTJ: 2.87
INFP: 2.68
INFJ: 2.67
ENTP: 2.32
ENFP: 2.03
ENTJ: 1.49
ENFJ: 1.26
ISTJ: .987
ISTP: .776
ESTP: .492
ISFJ: .400
ISFP: .398
ESFP: .281
ESTJ: .260
ESFJ: .237

I'm not surprised to see that there's a similar percentage of gifted and norm for ISTJ- this was the one type I saw A LOT of at my gifted school- MBTI iNtuitive elitists may want to argue some of these people are INTJ's but SJ fits a mile better than NT- lol.

Here's what I was thinking..
IN- highest ratio
EN-2nd highest
IS-3rd highest
ES-lowest

..but those wily ESTP's proved my hypothesis untrue.. haha!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Of course. Apparent insanity (Ne) is nothing compared to actual insanity (Ni). You ought to know that by now.
So true, yours (Ni doms) are the only type that make me feel a combination of... :huh: , :horor: , :unsure: , :mellow: , :shocking: ,and :ohmy:.

In other words, yeah, you guys really are batshit insane.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
To expand on Mondo's post...

Since being "ENFP" and "Gifted" obviously aren't independent, you'd have to use Bayes' Theorem.

E.g.

P(Gifted | ENFP) = P(ENFP|Gifted)*P(Gifted) / P(ENFP)

Because

P(ENFP and Gifted) = P(ENFP|Gifted)*P(Gifted).

Assuming that the probability of being gifted is 0.05, the probability of a student being gifted given that they are an ENFP would be

P(Gifted | ENFP) = (.1545)(0.05) / (0.076)
P(Gifted | ENFP) = 0.1016 = 10.16%

And for all the types, this gives:

P(Gifted | XXXX) = P(XXXX|Gifted) / P(XXXX) * P(Gifted)

If you notice, the term P(XXXX|Gifted) / P(XXXX) is exactly what's in Mondo's table.

So if you just take Mondo's table and multiply by the probability that any old student is in the gifted program, you get the probabilities that a person of type XXXX is "gifted", at least using data from CC's table and a source I found saying 5% of a school is in the gifted program...

P(Gifted | INTP) = 16.99%
P(Gifted | INTJ) = 14.37%
P(Gifted | INFP) = 13.38%
P(Gifted | INFJ) = 13.35%
P(Gifted | ENTP) = 11.61%
P(Gifted | ENFP) = 10.16%
P(Gifted | ENTJ) = 7.43%
P(Gifted | ENFJ) = 6.3%
P(Gifted | ISTJ) = 4.93%
P(Gifted | ISTP) = 3.88%
P(Gifted | ESTP) = 2.46%
P(Gifted | ISFJ) = 2%
P(Gifted | ISFP) = 1.99%
P(Gifted | ESFP) = 1.4%
P(Gifted | ESTJ) = 1.3%
P(Gifted | ESFJ) = 1.18%

Anyway, that's the basic interpretation of Mondo's table. You can adjust for different percentages of a school enrolled in a gifted program, but it won't change the ranking at all.

Edit:

So as not to confuse anyone, what Mondo gave was the likelihood that someone was gifted given that you already knew what type they were. The data CC gave was the opposite: the probability that someone who you already knew was gifted was of a certain type.

Mondo's table showed that, of all the types, the likelihood of an INTP being gifted was highest; and CC's table showed that, if you had a class of gifted students, you'll have more ENFPs than any other type. The discrepancy comes from there being more ENFPs in the general population.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and each post catered to their own type
like we have yet to see that done

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
*I* don't know what *you* are talking about.

*I* never partake in such a thing.

It goes against our *ENFP* self-effacing style of grace, compassion and empathy!!!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ

I actually pointed out that ESFJs have amongst the lowest percentages of very high IQs (well, I asked, because I thought I had seen that before, but wasn't certain). Not really catering to my type. At least, not in a positive manner.

Here is where my post caters to me: I WAS in all the gifted classes, and my IQ has been measured in the 150s.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

:steam: since when did I say INFPs are geniuses? where where where tell me, because I didn't think I said that. My brother who is an ESTP has a higher IQ then myself, so I don't think this crap about only Ns being geniuses is true, maybe I'm wrong but I think S types are just as capable as N types. I think I posted the lowest iq score on here, if I wanted to make INFPs to appear like geniuses don't you think I'd have lied about my score? :rolleyes:

and yes I know not all Ns are geniuses and some Ss are all I just don't think preference nesseceraly correlates to whether or not ones a genius

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh, what those probabilities do is show how weak the IQ test is to begin with. The original purpose of IQ tests was to indicate which children would be most likely to be successful as adults. As nemo points out P(Gifted | ESTJ) = 1.3%, second to last, which is funny because ESTJ as a type is naturally geared toward being successful. Hard work and diligence have a lot to do with long term success and ESTJ's have these traits in spades.

I think you could say that when comparing two people of the same type, then IQ is an indicator of success. An ESTJ of IQ 110 is more likely to succeed than an ESTJ of IQ 100. But when comparing two different types I think IQ results become less and less of an indicator of success. Is an ENFP of IQ 110 really as likely to succeed as an ESTJ of IQ 110? I don't think so. In fact I'd say an ESTJ of IQ 100 is more likely to succeed than an ENFP of IQ 110.

Then there is the argument people make that IQ is a measure of intelligence. How do you define intelligence? IQ tests only measure certain aptitudes. Mozart might not have done very well on an IQ test since most don't measure musical ability, even though when it came to music he was clearly a genius. Music is just one of many abilities not measured: mechanical ability, craftsmanship, painting, etc.... It's hard to argue that IQ tests measure all mental ability as a whole.

Overall what IQ tests seem to measure is the ability to do well on IQ tests. Sure doing well on an IQ test does indicate that a person is intelligent, but it should be weighted with the knowledge that it doesn't give the whole story of a person's intellect.