User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default I've got the worst MBTI + Enneagram Combo

Does everyone tend to feel this about themselves? Or are there other types that you look at and say, "I'm freaking glad I'm not them."

I'm ENFP (which I find to be a saving grace), and a 4w5 sx/sp, the enneagram part gets problematical. I find life eternally, eh, interesting.

I feel like being ENFP kind of balances out my otherwise highly inward and weighted nature, and I (sorry to say this) am awfully glad that I'm not an Introvert instead.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Not that there arent some cool combinations out there, but I'm more or less what I'd always wanted to be. Not to be that guy or anything...
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Stansmith

After a while you realize all enneagram types suck ass. It's up to you to make something awesome out of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sometimes I want to be a 5 or a 1 or a 9 so I'll be a proper INFJ.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think 4w5's need to stop feeling defective already.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think 4w5's need to stop feeling defective already.
    And.. you, you need to stop having fun.

What can I say, it's our MO.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Could be worse. Does it lead to drama?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    And.. you, you need to stop having fun.

What can I say, it's our MO.
    i know i know...but it is entirely in your head you know and no one else sees it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i know i know...but it is entirely in your head you know and no one else sees it.
    I'll meecha halfway.

@greenfairy

Here's a 4 sx desc I've seen floating around. I identify with the internal landscape, but I think the ENFP idealism tempers a lot of the jealousy and hate issues.

Infatuation. In the average range, Sexual Fours most exemplify the romanticism, intensity, and longing for a rescuer that characterize this type. They can be sweetly vulnerable and impressionable, but also aggressive and dynamic, especially in their self-expression. There is an assertive, seemingly extroverted component to Sexual Fours, and unlike the other two variants, they are unlikely to let their romantic fantasies remain fantasies for long. Often turbulent and stormy, their emotional lives revolve around the person they are attracted to. Intense feelings of admiration, longing, and hatred for the object of desire can all coexist. Sensual and seductive, they can also be jealous and possessive like Twos, and they want to be the only person that matters in the other's life. Sexual Fours often have severe doubts about their own desirability, so they strive for accomplishments that will make them acceptable to the other - being a great artist or star - while being resentful of those who achieve those things.

Idealizing the other can quickly shift to rejecting them for their slightest flaws. At the same time, Sexual Fours are often attracted to people who are, for one reason or another, unavailable. They may spend a great deal of time longing to have the desirable other to themselves and detesting anyone who has the other's attention.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Does everyone tend to feel this about themselves? Or are there other types that you look at and say, "I'm freaking glad I'm not them."

I'm ENFP (which I find to be a saving grace), and a 4w5 sx/sp, the enneagram part gets problematical. I find life eternally, eh, interesting.

I feel like being ENFP kind of balances out my otherwise highly inward and weighted nature, and I (sorry to say this) am awfully glad that I'm not an Introvert instead.
    I'm thinking right now that I prefer the enneagram system over MBTI. WHile the idea of cognitive functions is intellectually appealing, I'm skeptical as to whether or not they follow that neat stack.

I think MBTI/function theory might be useful for personal development, but perhaps less relevant for social interaction. I think with others, the enneagram type is more useful for me. It also sees easier to determine without a test.

Take dating... the MBTI types all seem so varied, even within a type, that it becomes silly to say "i'm looking for this type or that type." But with the enneagram thing, I'm looking for a 5 or a 7, and that seems to be easier to identify. MBTI doesn't actually seem to determine if we have compatible interests or not.

Most INTPs seem to be 5s, but there are also INFP and INfJ 5s. When I actually go on dating sites, and look at the test results of people who have done these MBTI-esque tests, I find myself surprised that "INTP shoo-ins"" show up as INFPs or INFJs. I think it's possible that what I think of as "INTP" is actually 5. I have this image in my head of INFxs as 1's, 2's, or 4's but judging from how people identify themselves here, it doesn't always line up that way.

It seems to make ore sense, though, to think of others in terms of the ennegram system... the focus is on specific wants or needs, which seems easier to determine than whether someone is a thinker or a feeler.

I also feel like I have an awesome combo going on, although I realized that I was more sx than sp.... I misunderstood what sx meant.

Being a 7 does have it's appeal to me, on occasion, however.

An ISFJ 8 must be odd, and probably isn't too happy.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78