User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    no. I saw two people complain about having the worst combo, both were E4's. Two points form a line, a line projects into the future. I was making a prediction as to the direction of this thread, that's all.
    Well, good, that's what I want if that's what's out there. That's interesting data. Thanks for the forecast.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I relate to that problem alot too as an ENFP 6.
    Yeah, I think a difference is e6s have more negative thoughts containing worry, doubt, and insecurity about their abilities or standing with others.

As an e4, it's more like a sense of shame, being cursed (not doubt, but KNOWING you are hopelessly flawed & sort of giving up to it), and feeling unlovable/unlikable & misunderstood in regards to your strengths. I don't really worry or fear a lot - it's more like I lament bitterly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    awesome oa this is the same advice i give my infp 4w5 bf

because to me it's so obvious that this is the issue and we are total opposites in that way. we both have fears, concerns or doubts...but i have that positive encouraging mother/friend voice in my head that tells me loving and supportive things and it's as though he has an abusive, belligerent mean as fuck stepfather in his...telling him he's not good enough or he's going to mess it up etc.

that is the whole toxic thing there.

i think just reminding yourself that every single person has something they feel inadequate about (even if it's so buried that they're unaware of it)
    but everyone has fears...everyone has strengths and weakness

just be kind to yourself and lift yourself up
    that doesn't mean just accept things that you'd like to improve...absolutely work on the stuff you'd like to improve on but don't falsely believe that you're all screwed up because you weren't born just being naturally good at it...cuz you know what? those people who are...are not naturally good at the things that you are either.
    In Naranjo's Character & Neurosis, he mentions something about e4s internalizing the "bad parent". This may or may not be from a literal rejection of a parent, but they have a rejecting parent voice in their head. Interesting how as a 7 you have a "good parent" voice. I can't remember if anything was said in regard to 7s there (I lost my book! Or my cleaning lady thought it was satanic & threw it out, which I have no proof of).

But in regards to Stansmith's post, e6s may have something like a "paranoid parent" voice, like they internalized a parent's message that the world is scary, unsure place.

But yes, relating to others also helps you feel less alienated. As long as it's not invalidating, it's reassuring to see how all people struggle with such things internally.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yeah, I think a difference is e6s have more negative thoughts containing worry, doubt, and insecurity about their abilities or standing with others.

As an e4, it's more like a sense of shame, being cursed (not doubt, but KNOWING you are hopelessly flawed & sort of giving up to it), and feeling unlovable/unlikable & misunderstood in regards to your strengths. I don't really worry or fear a lot - it's more like I lament bitterly.

In Naranjo's Character & Neurosis, he mentions something about e4s internalizing the "bad parent". This may or may not be from a literal rejection of a parent, but they have a rejecting parent voice in their head. Interesting how as a 7 you have a "good parent" voice. I can't remember if anything was said in regard to 7s there (I lost my book! Or my cleaning lady thought it was satanic & threw it out, which I have no proof of).

But in regards to Stansmith's post, e6s may have something like a "paranoid parent" voice, like they internalized a parent's message that the world is scary, unsure place.

But yes, relating to others also helps you feel less alienated. As long as it's not invalidating, it's reassuring to see how all people struggle with such things internally.
    I relate to that at my worst, but yeah really, my image-related complexes are more 3-ish in nature than 4. My identity comes from being cultured, and having minimal flaws, rather than from being a tortured soul. I would love to seem like someone with emotional depth and insight, but its not the primarily place from which I derive my identity.

Overall, 4s own their unloveable-ness and want to find someone who still loves them regardless, while NF 6s want to figure out why they're unloveable, fix it, and become part of the group.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

ESTP SLE-Ti E8 Sx/So Capricorn Year of the Earth Dragon.

I'm pretty much in love with myself. Sucks to be you bro.

I'm glad I'm not a Capricorn tbh.

Society

no. I saw two people complain about having the worst combo, both were E4's. Two points form a line, a line projects into the future. I was making a prediction as to the direction of this thread, that's all.
    need 3 points for a repeating circle..

but yea, basically the answer to this question doesn't answer the question of what combo is the worst to be as much as it answers what combo is the most inclined towards self-pity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I relate to that at my worst, but yeah really, my image-related complexes are more 3-ish in nature than 4. My identity comes from being cultured, and having minimal flaws, rather than from being a tortured soul. I would love to seem like someone with emotional depth and insight, but its not the primarily place from which I derive my identity.

Overall, 4s own their unloveable-ness and want to find someone who still loves them regardless, while NF 6s want to figure out why they're unloveable, fix it, and become part of the group.
    So why 6 & not 3 for your core type? 3s can worry also. They're the competent triad (1,3,5), not the positive triad. There's some obvious worry which can go with that.

I agree with the idea of "fixability" being in 6s.... This is likely why they're generally less morose - more sense of hope I guess, or an idea they can have control if they work hard enough. So they keep active in trying to troubleshoot, whether it's in mental theorizing or outer activity. They fear laziness, perhaps because problems may not get handled, and resist 9 integration because of it.

4s sort of lay down & die because the problem seems intrinsic, as if only the destruction of yourself could root it out - hence the emotional masochism.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    So why 6 & not 3 for your core type? 3s can worry also. They're the competent triad (1,3,5), not the positive triad. There's some obvious worry which can go with that.

I agree with the idea of "fixability" being in 6s.... This is likely why they're generally less morose - more sense of hope I guess, or an idea they can have control if they work hard enough. So they keep active in trying to troubleshoot, whether it's in mental theorizing or outer activity. They fear laziness, perhaps because problems may not get handled, and resist 9 integration because of it.

4s sort of lay down & die because the problem seems intrinsic, as if only the destruction of yourself could root it out - hence the emotional masochism.
    My life narrative seems more 6w7. I was never an overachiever when it came to grades or employment and I never felt like I had to impress my mother or be a golden boy like 3 kids do. I want to be seen as interesting and impressive but I'm not naturally good at it like core social-3s and I'm basically insecure.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

i wanna play!

okay so...imagine for a min being a 7! and being all yay fun adventure whoohoo but then having that annoying lil six voice going...ohhh...better not...cuz what if this or that or omg this!!! back and forth all day long!

they're super conflicting!! dontcha feel bad for me q?
    I have that same problem, and being So/Sp makes me paranoid on top of that. I think most people are good, but if somebody hurts me…I worry that somehow I'm defective and that's why I was targeted. I can rationalize my fears away to an extent, but there is always a writhing core of anxiety to my daily life.

I also love dogs. My mother has a dog that just gave birth to puppies.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

awwww i wanna puppy!! pics please?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

awwww i wanna puppy!! pics please?
    Sure…
    The mother dog is really protective right now, but when I have a chance…
    I will…