User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Se doms vs. Ne doms when it comes to "hanging out"

So I've noticed that one clear way to tell an Ne dom from an Se dom is by observing how they hang out with their friends. I've noticed that the Ne doms when hanging out with their friends tend to want to just talk for a long time about abstract subjects. They want to talk about religion, philosophy, psychology, science, etc. They basically just want to talk about abstract concepts for long periods of time and bounce ideas off of other people. On the other hand the Se doms that I've known, never want to do this. The Se doms that I've known basically just want to engage in some type of activity that you can both do together. Se doms want to go out to bar, they want to drink, they want to play some type of sport with you, they want to go to the gun range with you, etc. Then there's dancing! I have yet to go out with a friend of mine that is an Se dom that can keep from dancing when they hear music. It's like they just can't help but dance, lol. Anyway, the bottom line is that the Se doms almost never want to sit down and just chat with you about abstract subjects, this is an Ne dom thing. However, don't get confused because sometimes the Ne doms will want to do "doing based" activities with you as well. Again the main difference between the two, is that the Se doms will almost never want to chat with you about abstract subjects. What do you all think?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

That's true for me. I get so much energy from interesting conversations and could and often do stay up till all hours of the night with someone willing to do that with me.

My bf just commented last night about how much intellectual stimulation I need.

I will however totally prefer to dance then have boring conversations.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    That's true for me. I get so much energy from interesting conversations and could and often do stay up till all hours of the night with someone willing to do that with me.

I crave these kinds of abstract conversations. They give me energy…

The only problem, though, is that while I need them to feel energized, talking about my interests is very draining to others. Only my girlfriend can withstand my bouncing of ideas…

Stansmith

I like moving around alot too. I'll talk to someone for an hour in one place and be like "lets go to ______" and then keep talking. Changing locations gives me something new to talk about and I can get bored with being in the same place after a while.

Stansmith

ESFPs also tell alot of long, drawn-out stories with vivid details, whereas I just make jokes and observations on the fly. I can't really tell stories without going straight to the good parts within 20 seconds. To Se-doms, every single detail and utterance of the story is just as important as the punchline.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Very true…

Stansmith

This is Se storytelling

So I'm in my room eating cereal, captain crunch, and I'm watching family guy. I'm just chilling, laughing and sh-t and then my mom comes in--and my mom doesn't usually come into my room at 7 pm so I'm like "hmm, okay". She comes in and I'm like "whats up mom"--she was wearing a red apron, blue sneakers, and she had her hair tied up in a bun--and the minute I looked up at her face I was scared as sh-t, like that's how I knew she was about to start yelling at me. So yeah, she tells me, "why didnt you clean your room last night, and I'm like "I did clean my room last night". And at that moment, I realized something was up....

And then it goes on for 5 minutes with a steady pace all throughout. A Ne user would abbreviate that story and be all over the place pace and timbre-wise.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

This. I require both. My INFJ husband definitely stimulates me intellectually, but he prefers to say things that he's already made his mind up about, going on for while expressing one concise thought. I like the conversation to be more dynamic, bouncing ideas off each other, saying things that I may or may not believe yet, just to better understand them once they're out in the open forum. We understand and work with each other better now, and we have great discussions on all types of subjects.

I'd rather dance than talk about sports or gossip ANY DAY.

I do find Se's not really 'getting' my humor sometimes. They can wind up looking confused or offended. I can have much more fun joking back and forth with Ne's.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I crave these kinds of abstract conversations. They give me energy…

The only problem, though, is that while I need them to feel energized, talking about my interests is very draining to others. Only my girlfriend can withstand my bouncing of ideas…
    Yeah, this is why I like to speak to other Ne doms on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    This is Se storytelling

So I'm in my room eating cereal, captain crunch, and I'm watching family guy. I'm just chilling, laughing and sh-t and then my mom comes in--and my mom doesn't usually come into my room at 7 pm so I'm like "hmm, okay". She comes in and I'm like "whats up mom"--she was wearing a red apron, blue sneakers, and she had her hair tied up in a bun--and the minute I looked up at her face I was scared as sh-t, like that's how I knew she was about to start yelling at me. So yeah, she tells me, "why didnt you clean your room last night, and I'm like "I did clean my room last night". And at that moment, I realized something was up....

And then it goes on for 5 minutes with a steady pace all throughout. A Ne user would abbreviate that story and be all over the place pace and timbre-wise.
    I think that this is because Ne users' minds move so fast that it's hard for them to stay on the same subject for too long.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah, this is why I like to speak to other Ne doms on a regular basis.

I think that this is because Ne users' minds move so fast that it's hard for them to stay on the same subject for too long.
    I can attest to that…