• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Se doms vs. Ne doms when it comes to "hanging out"

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is interesting and i think i'd be in both catagories, heavier on the Ne side, going by these descriptions. I do have some Se though, the reference skylights made about the ESFP friend calling the divorce 3 months beforehand is something that I might have done. I'm not convinced that I would have noticed the physical changes specifically but I may have linked them subconciously.

I do prefer theoretical conversations, I am not really into the who, what and the why independant of a larger context. But I am able to do more superficial conversations because I have had a lot of training with people in school etc. Though I did get quite frustrated after a short time as others did not want to delve deeper into topics and then I'd start to feel isolated and different and that people thought I was wierd ...and I didn't fit in.

There are parts of Se that i really relate to, I can be quite confrontational for example, and I have been told that I am quite bossy. Also I can be more of a Do'er than a lot of other ENFP's, and it has been commented on that I am more action orientated...a fighter. So really I do sieze the moment at times.

The Ne traits I most commonly associate with are things like constant idea generating, always comming up with the next AMAZING business idea...often thought through with great detail...though rarely executed. I'm also pretty terrible at surface discussion, I can stand a little but if things do not move to a deeper/larger scale I tire and feel frustrated and bored. I'm much more into theory and can spend hours and hours discussing theories and ideas. I am not into asthetics much, I care little for make up and fashion in the general...but I do like to do a big dress up every once in a while... it's more a theatrical pull though...and I do really love the bonding that goes with women all getting ready together (something I really missed out on growing up as i was not part of a group of girls and a bit of a loner).

EDIT: Dancing!! I do love to dance. I am very happy dancing alone though (as can be evidenced in that video dancing thread some members may remember). I can not stand dancing in packed places, I remember one occaision at a party in an art gallery where the music was loud but muted in the dark downstairs studio area of the gallery... this is where I danced alone barefoot.. so I may often be found just outside the main area..dancing alone.

Last edited:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is interesting and i think i'd be in both catagories, heavier on the Ne side, going by these descriptions. I do have some Se though, the reference skylights made about the ESFP friend calling the divorce 3 months beforehand is something that I might have done. I'm not convinced that I would have noticed the physical changes specifically but I may have linked them subconciously.

I do prefer theoretical conversations, I am not really into the who, what and the why independant of a larger context. But I am able to do more superficial conversations because I have had a lot of training with people in school etc. Though I did get quite frustrated after a short time as others did not want to delve deeper into topics and then I'd start to feel isolated and different and that people thought I was wierd ...and I didn't fit in.

There are parts of Se that i really relate to, I can be quite confrontational for example, and I have been told that I am quite bossy. Also I can be more of a Do'er than a lot of other ENFP's, and it has been commented on that I am more action orientated...a fighter. So really I do sieze the moment at times.

The Ne traits I most commonly associate with are things like constant idea generating, always comming up with the next AMAZING business idea...often thought through with great detail...though rarely executed. I'm also pretty terrible at surface discussion, I can stand a little but if things do not move to a deeper/larger scale I tire and feel frustrated and bored. I'm much more into theory and can spend hours and hours discussing theories and ideas. I am not into asthetics much, I care little for make up and fashion in the general...but I do like to do a big dress up every once in a while... it's more a theatrical pull though...and I do really love the bonding that goes with women all getting ready together (something I really missed out on growing up as i was not part of a group of girls and a bit of a loner).

EDIT: Dancing!! I do love to dance. I am very happy dancing alone though (as can be evidenced in that video dancing thread some members may remember). I can not stand dancing in packed places, I remember one occaision at a party in an art gallery where the music was loud but muted in the dark downstairs studio area of the gallery... this is where I danced alone barefoot.. so I may often be found just outside the main area..dancing alone.
You dance alone, too?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
even when I am enjoying what we're doing, I often find myself having random introverted episodes where I wander off for 15-30 minutes (and/or listen to music by myself for a bit). then I come back and peeps are like "where were you?".

Totally. I do this all the time. More, though, when I'm less healthy. Music by myself almost always does the job. I once became slightly depressed when I was without a car for a while because I no longer had solo jam session time built into my daily life.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Totally. I do this all the time. More, though, when I'm less healthy. Music by myself almost always does the job. I once became slightly depressed when I was without a car for a while because I no longer had solo jam session time built into my daily life.

I think just chilling out is healthy.