User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default The nasty side of unhealthy MBTI types.

its generally regarded as a taboo to uncover the negative traits of each types when gone unhealthy, but i think lacking awareness of these aspects put ourselves in serious danger to unknown threats.

so i thought we could share experiences of how different types have gone unhealthy in your life. (and specify as much as you know about their typology since instincts and enneagram have relevance too!)

ill start with myself: infj 4w3 sx so:
    i get very prejudiceful, and i wont even realize it. i judge people by their surface, and most of people get categorized as 'boring', and thus i ignore them completely, so i could focus on more interesting things. ive been attacked physically for doing this, it will continue in the isfp section.
    blaming others for whatever is bothing them, inability to use Ti to see that the fault is in their own thinking. this leads to self absorbtion. which leads to distorted reality image. being both too pessimistic of others and too optimistic, thus suspectible to abuse easily. at my worst, i dont see others as people at all, see them as mere equations, or, i have too high expectations and have to get disappointed. illusion of understanding tends to lead to nihilistic world views, with ignorant unrealistic hopes.

enfp 4w3 sx so(my little sister):
    she sometimes gets into this mode where shes angry at others for ignoring her, and she desperately wants their attention, this she does by doing whatever she can to hurt them, verbally mostly. also by mean pranks.

isfp:
    they allow the world to affect themselves too much, not realizing that its irrational. they get very paranoid, and muse crazy theories about every gesture that people do. like smiling, i like smiling, and this one isfp interpreted that i always smiled because i thought something bad of him. he practically thought everything around him is centered on him, even though in reality it was all unrelated. the reason i actually smiled was cause i enjoyed my (another one)isfp friends company. ive also heard one isfp tell me a similar story that he attacked someone due similar paranoid reasons.

istj 4w3(most likely sx so):
    i met one serial raper, he was very twisted, manipulative, no sense of morals, his only guidance in life was sensual pleasure. the only thing he cared about.
    thinks of lying and manipulation as like a sport to get what he wants, very prideful of his manipulation skills.

estp:
    ive never came into conflicts with them, but i see a huge potential for bullying in them. i was once treated carelessly by one, made me think wtf? and then one another seemed quite dangerous, like she didnt care if she hurts others physically due her carelessness. they also disregard other peoples health in the std section too, blindly following their lust.

entp:
    when unhealthy, they stop caring about others and start seeing them as a mere game. lying is common, and manipulation too.

intj:
    they start viewing people by how they can use them, effortlessly pretending like there was a relationship, and once they have what they came for, its over.

infp 7w6 so sx:
    hes bitter at this country, blaming strangers for his misfortunes. shouting all kinds of insults to strangers. he also depends too much on others instead of taking care of his own problems.

esfp 7w6 so sp:
    she only cares about her happiness, if she has to destroy another persons life for pleasure, she will. doesnt care about consequences of her actions at all. thinks of other people as acquisitions. like items.

intp:
    very disorganized, spends all the time thinking of thoughts that lead nowhere. no focus or goals in life. thinking itself seems the purpose of life, not the product of thoughts.

istp:
    anxious of people, their thoughts, existence, everything. cant seem to relax.

of types i have no experience of unhealthy sides at all:
    estj's (ive heard they can be liars and manipulative.)
    isfj's
    esfj's (ive observed a potentially unhealthy esfj being emotionally manipulative to get people into doing things with them.)
    entj's
    enfj's

after gaining several permanent injuries due other people, i made it my project to understand every humans problems to avoid that ever happening again. i think this also helps me avoid being a problem myself, to others.

soo.. after this long time writing pretty much my life story in nutshell, im interested in hearing of other peoples experiences and thoughts.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    intp:
    very disorganized, spends all the time thinking of thoughts that lead nowhere. no focus or goals in life. thinking itself seems the purpose of life, not the product of thoughts.

Rubbish. Blatant typism, and clearly false. Now, excuse me while I try to think up another rationalization for being so damn lazy.

esfp 7w6 so sp:
    she only cares about her happiness, if she has to destroy another persons life for pleasure, she will. doesnt care about consequences of her actions at all. thinks of other people as acquisitions. like items.
    No, it's just that people are being selfish for not thinking about her happiness all the time and worrying about meaningless stuff like job security instead.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Stansmith

Unhealthy ENFP 6w7 so/sx (me)

-become really contradictory and edgy

-very self-centered and cut off from people

-obsessed with closure and getting the last laugh

-extreme flaky moods; one minute down, lazy and self hating, the next minute confident, impulsive and inspired as hell

-prone to fantasizing about future "greatness"

-subtly toxic

-inappropriate and nihilistic in thoughts

-stuck in an extreme Ne-Te loop

-narcissistic, envious and unreceptive

-Starts dumping all his problems on close friends until they begin to distance themselves from him

-unappreciative of what they have

Asking for the unhealthy side of mbti is like asking for the unhealthy side of astrology.

Neither astrology nor mbti is based on empirical evidence.

Both astrology and mbti appeal to the gullible and the manipulative.

But here we see it is a compulsive obsession.

You know an ISTJ 4 and an INFP 7? How do you know you're not dealing with mistypes and your negative descriptions are accurate?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I didn't know it was taboo to bring up unhealthy types. If anything it's a good discussion to have in terms of identifying general patterns to be aware of and watch out for.

However there is a risk of generalising it too much and ignoring the individual circumstances factor.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Asking for the unhealthy side of mbti is like asking for the unhealthy side of astrology.

I have a great book about that. It's called Darkside Astrology by Stella Hyde. It's awesome and hilarious.

Oh gods- I could rant forever about the ENFJ I knew. I have some in other places. Shall I paraphrase it for you?

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Rubbish. Blatant typism, and clearly false. Now, excuse me while I try to think up another rationalization for being so damn lazy.

No, it's just that people are being selfish for not thinking about her happiness all the time and worrying about meaningless stuff like job security instead.
    lol? intp, use your Fe to connect with people, maybe then you understand why we feel what we feel. -.-
    instead of just irrationally rejecting others because youre so self absorbed.

and what does it matter why they are unhealthy? unhealthines is unhealthiness, circumstances have no relevance.

intp's laziness is just them not using Si and Fe. being stuck on the primary functions. as like how i can be stuck on Ni and Fe, making me work too hard and it leads to nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

ugh, and here they go again, "empiricial evidence", i mean, are you really so lazy that you cant figure anything out by yourself? =|
    if youre so ignorant, then why dont you go back into the hole you crawled from?

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    You know an ISTJ 4 and an INFP 7? How do you know you're not dealing with mistypes and your negative descriptions are accurate?
    because ive _connected_ with them. -.-
    if i can connect to you, then i know your whole soul. none of it is a mystery to me at that point. i can figure everything about the person with that information.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I have a great book about that. It's called Darkside Astrology by Stella Hyde. It's awesome and hilarious.

Oh gods- I could rant forever about the ENFJ I knew. I have some in other places. Shall I paraphrase it for you?
    yes.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

@Vilku The idea that you know all about a person just by connecting with them is IMO bullcrap. Your Ni may think you have them understood but that just isn't enough. Most the types you mentioned have functions you do not possess in your function stack after all and intuition or no you don't have the benefits of first hand insight into their modus operandi.

Infinite Bubble

i am an esfp 7w6 so/sx which means i party too often like every night or two which is very unhealthy if you do it as much as i do because you get drunk and that alot and sleep on the street covered in my own sick

because i am a p, sometimes i leave the chicken on too long because i forgot, and i end up having to eat wing shaped charcoal, then i blame the incident on god because of my inferior ni making shit up

i an an E, which leads to me being overly obnoxious and loud and that really gets to all the introverts, because they are basically mute all the time and hate extroverts but i hate introverts too because they never talk and are really boring

being an S i am an overall stupid person, once i scored 82 on an iq test, at first i thought that was good because, you know, its a big number, but apparently it means i'm mentally challenged, and i am very defensive and mean towards people who tell me i'm an idiot even though i am really because my Fi gets hurt real easily

becuase of being an F i am overly emotional and my judements are usually entirely irational and i don't bother with reasoning ever, and in arguments i shout out people for *them* being irrational

being a 7 means i'm always scattered and can never focus ever, i've never focused on anything in my life and am always randomly doing crap that doesn't need doing, ei sometimes because i have dom Se so i'm always impulsive, i can randomly scream at people or start a fight just because i feel like it