• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The nasty side of unhealthy MBTI types.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd like to see some kinda statistical data to back up your rape conclusions one way or the other. As it stands, this statement is almost comical. A spectacular leap in very basic reasoning.

Do you suppose it's possible you're imposing your own sense of subjective relevance onto people who may simply have different values compared to your own?

UMM..

let me just make it clear: i analyze them as a person, i analyze their potential, i analyze _them_, not my own stuff. if i can see that person A is stuck repeating activity C, because hes not using function D, then i tell them what they are doing wrong and how they could do better.

or if they just otherwise have beliefs that i know to be impartial, then i explain the more likely explanation that explains their impartial understanding of something.

I've survived sexual assault, in the past, among other things, incidentally (I can't/won't speak for anyone else who has experienced that). No it shouldn't have happened. However, I was talking about perspectives in of themselves, not the actions. The two are separate, but can run in tandem, of course. I am aware some people are simply fucked up- their distorted thinking/emotional reactions/impulses are beyond their sense of control, perhaps, & absolutely beyond mine. Acting on those thoughts/feelings, however, is a choice- & I do hold them responsible for their actions. They're free to think & feel as they like, for I am not qualified to repair damaged people, nor am I qualified to police the psyche of fellow humans.

The default freedom of perception I pointed out- and the personal responsibility for wrongdoings you're now focusing on, are two separate concepts. People don't "have to" care about others. Many don't, and I accept that as a reality. However, not all of them will act in callous ways because they are aware of consequences for their actions (not to mention, not all less-empathetic people are malicious by nature). I wasn't attempting to defend evil actions by any means. I only pointed out that people can and will interpret the world however they've personally evolved to, so it's useful to keep that in mind when interacting with others, vs universally expecting or demanding they see reality as you may (which I mean yeah, harmony is certainly ideal, but it's not what is- & what is tends to be what we all have to learn to work around/prepare for, however we can). It was a neutral statement about a concrete fact.

Is it that hard for you to hold two conflicting ideas in your mind at once?
(this is meant to be an actual query, by the way, not a rhetorical remark)

perhaps, but you would be surpriced how much we infj's can help in correcting these faulty judgments, if we just develop our two weaker functions.(by having solid experience based structure for understandign people)

at the second bold: yeah, i need a solid understanding of world, how everything is related to everything.

every unhealthy person causes harm to everyone, if you dont understand their unhealthiness, then your caught offguard and they pull you into it. thus its simply a requirement that you know of every flaw in every one. otherwise you cant dodge them.

I appreciate the need to discuss this topic. Hurting others is often a misunderstood experience on one or both sides. I just hate to read these posts with their contentious undertones. People hurt people. Nobody likes it. Can we try to discuss things, especially this subject, with compassion and understanding rather that with one-ups and put downs?

I was trying to avoid speaking up in this thread, but every time I see new activity here, I feel more and more strongly about it.

Peace, Love, and Personalities baby :)

yeah, i think its generally very hard to understand people without seeing their faces.. =|
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]

btw, i investigate the infj doorslam thing, and my theory is, that both inj's have their own version of this. for infj's, when we realize things aint working, there must be faults in our understanding, so we cut contact until we have it figured out. intj's do the fi version of this. if you hurt intj's feelings, they withdraw until they have resolved their feelings.

I think your theory is garbage.

really?

look at unhealthy introverts, like fi doms get all absorbed in their feelings. isfp's getting all super paranoid of other peoples motivations, and infp's suchking the feelings out of other people, instead of using Te to chat about useful things.

istj's get all over sensualistic, thinking the only point of existence is to experience sensuality, so much, that they start manipulating others to get sensual experiences with them, without their consensus.

Ni doms get so absorbid in intuition, that we lose connection to the reality and think our view on it is the real reality.

can you think for yourself, or does my theory still seem crap, even with the backing of empirical evidence?

S

Society

@Mane

btw, i investigate the infj doorslam thing, and my theory is, that both inj's have their own version of this. for infj's, when we realize things aint working, there must be faults in our understanding, so we cut contact until we have it figured out.
unlikely explanation - if it was true you would see a pattern of INFJs figuring it out (since by your theory it's only until then) & some expression of viewing one's understanding at fault (rather than expressing a view where one's understanding is unquestionable), neither of which is consistent with any of the cases i had the displeasure of looking into.

in regard to your conversation with [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] - you might be surprised at how versatile Fe emergent values can be depending on culture, environment & experiences. no, jung's poor use of subject/object continues generating this confusion, but Fe is far from being an objective set of morality, neither is it a psychic view into anyone's soul. both Fi & Fe form different strategies at gauging the information utilized by mirror neurons - nature's way of forming a hypothesis in regards to the inside mental working of another person - and both are exceptionally prawn to faulty reasoning - while Fi can easily misinterpret motives from assumptions of similar stance or having yet to experience the relevant variables themselves, Fe is a lot more dependent upon direct feedback, and by manipulating what feedback one gets exposed too or is willing to consider, it becomes much more vulnerable to artificial self-delusions and subconscious-distortions (for instance it's actually being noted that Fe users are a lot more prone to distorted body images). the point is - neither hypothesis formation mechanisms are anywhere near perfect, or even particularly accurate.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
unlikely explanation - if it was true you would see a pattern of INFJs figuring it out (since by your theory it's only until then)

in regard to your conversation with [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] - you might be surprised at how versatile Fe emergent values can be depending on culture, environment & experiences. no, jung's poor use of subject/object continues generating this confusion, but Fe is far from being an objective set of morality, neither is it a psychic view into anyone's soul. both Fi & Fe form different strategies at gauging the information utilized by mirror neurons - nature's way of forming a hypothesis in regards to the inside mental working of another person - and both are exceptionally prawn to faulty reasoning - while Fi can easily misinterpret motives from assumptions of similar stance or having yet to experience the relevant variables themselves, Fe is a lot more dependent upon direct feedback, and by manipulating what feedback one gets exposed too or is willing to consider, it becomes much more vulnerable to artificial self-delusions and subconscious-distortions. the point is - neither hypothesis formation mechanisms are anywhere near perfect, or even particularly accurate.

at the bold: uhh.. honestly, i have to admit, my type of people are usually very stupid xD.. sure we have a lot of theories, but we, pretty much 95% of the times forget to do a reality check. (such as analyzing your past experiences to confirm your theories. and the other fault is theorizing about theories instead of theorizing about experiences.)

my Fe pretty much always demands me to spend time with the other person and be nice, even if im extremely frustrated by their company. but recognizing my own frustration would be a good thing, cause then i could act accordingly, which is to use my Ti instead of the Fe who had failed the task. our Fe also tends to criticize the other person first, instead of using Ti to see faults in our own model of interaction.

and Fe and Fi arent really that different. they both deal with the same matters, one develops externally and the other internally. and all judgment functions can be developed for more sound judgments.

"(for instance it's actually being noted that Fe users are a lot more prone to distorted body images)."

yeah, i often mistake my feelings as my body image. if i feel awful.. ohh, look at the mirror how awful i look in this state! but at least i know my appearance is dependent on my feelings.

every function alone would come to ill conclusions.

for example, when i fail to use my Se, i just look at others and think "oh, they are all so boring!", cause i didnt use my Se to see them for who they really are, thus the judgment was made with impartial data.

anyone who doesnt use all of their functions makes ill judgments.

"& some expression of viewing one's understanding at fault (rather than expressing a view where one's understanding is unquestionable), neither of which is consistent with any of the cases i had the displeasure of looking into."

i just dont compute this part, care to word it differently? if you mean, that i should express my view as unquestionable.. then i might accidentally crush others instead of being clear about my level of understanding in my thought process. =S?

S

SingSmileShine

Me (unhealthy ENFP 3w2 so/sx)

1. Very introverted, spends a lot of time alone
  2. Impatient and doesn't want to put up with others
  3. Much more T-oriented and selfish
  4. Slightly more histrionic
  5. Extremely anxious
  6. No energy/tendencies of hypersomnia
  7. Extremely hard on self and aching to prove self (even more so than usual)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

5. Extremely anxious

Have you seen a doctor about your depression?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i...enfp 4w3 sx so(my little sister):
she sometimes gets into this mode where shes angry at others for ignoring her, and she desperately wants their attention, this she does by doing whatever she can to hurt them, verbally mostly. also by mean pranks...

This is so me. Except for the pranks. I can be so casually cruel when I feel neglected. I think it's because I notice people's emotional states and tend to them, and so when i'm so upset and no one seems to notice I feel like they're doing it on purpose or are ungrateful.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I lack the proper terminology for a lot of mental disorders so I'll try to use my own words. These have been my personal observations so far.

ENTP - Narcissistic
ESFJ - Obsessive Compulsive, Twisted morality (ie: two face, from "The Dark Knight")
INTP - schitzophrenic Catatonia
ISFJ - Depressive Catatonia
ISTP - schitzophrenic paranoia
ESTP - Sadistic Sociopathy
ENFJ - Narcissistic Psychopathy
INFJ - Depressive and Masochism
ESFP - Vanity Histrionic
ISFP - Vanity and Masochism
ENTJ - Narcissistic Sociopathy
INTJ - Paranoia Narcissism
ENFP - Vanity Narcissism
INFP - Depressive Dependant
ESTJ - Obsessive Compulsive Narcissism
ISTJ - Sociopathy or Passive Aggressive

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

5. Extremely anxious

This is me when I'm unhealthy too. Well put. Like Chiharu said, I hope you're getting help. It makes me so sad to see our joy sucked dry like that.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is so me. Except for the pranks. I can be so casually cruel when I feel neglected. I think it's because I notice people's emotional states and tend to them, and so when i'm so upset and no one seems to notice I feel like they're doing it on purpose or are ungrateful.

the prank thing probably is just her being a child, she doesnt understand how endlessly short sighted it is of her to take my tv remote controller and hide it because she was angry, for not getting her wishes fulfilled instantly and served like a goddess.

and if youve accurately self typed, then youre the fourth 4w3 sx so in my life (including myself). i thought i would never meet two people of the same type, but then, technically i havent met you so i cant really confirm your typing.. lols =]

when im angry at others, i can be mean to them too (by attacking their flaws), for example, when my little sister ruined my food by putting something i dont remember on it, i then rubbed the food(a piece of cake) to her face. isnt that such a nice revenge? xD.. i then had a three day nonstop migrane because im over moralistic like that.. <.< but mostly if im angry at someone, its because i dont understand why they did what they did. and its more of frustration than anger, really.

and sometimes im just bored by everyone, so i ignore everyone and just focus on doing whatever i do.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@OP, classic temperament traditionally went more into the negative side of personality (giving the positive and negative equal time, basically). You can see these here: http://www.fighunter.com/index.php?page=temperaments

Basically
Sanguine: short bursts of anger to gain attention
Choleric: longer anger and criticalness
Melancholy: critical in a more sad and dour way
Phlegmatic: slow and lacking energy
Supine: open dependence, wants affirmation but cannot express himself to get it, so ends up resentful

This is one thing that made it tricky to correlate temperament with type in places.

But it turns out that temperament is represented in type by both Keirsey's "conative" groups, as well as the Interaction Styles.

So if you look at these type correlations (Based on
Sanguine: ESF/ENP, SP
Choleric: EST/ENJ, NT
Melancholy: IST/INJ, SJ
Phlegmatic/Supine: ISF/INP, NF

ISTJ: pure Melancholy
ISFJ: Phlegmatic-Melancholy
INFJ: Melancholy-Phlegmatic
INTJ: Melancholy-Choleric
ISTP: Melancholy-Sanguine
ISFP: Phlegmatic-Sanguine
INFP: Phlegmatic and/or Supine
INTP: Phlegmatic-Choleric
ESTP: Choleric-Sanguine
ESFP: pure Sanguine
ENFP: Sanguine-Phlegmatic
ENTP: Sanguine-Choleric
ESTJ: Choleric-Melancholy
ESFJ: Sanguine-Melancholy
ENFJ: Choleric-Phlegmatic
ENTJ: pure Choleric

Your descriptions seem to pretty much match (like the INFP's "dependency", something you almost never hear about in 16 types profiles, proving it is likely Supine. Also, if the person is 7w6, that will probably be more on the Supine side, than 9 or 4, which might be more Phlegmatic).

INFJ would fit what's known in FIRO as the "Foot-Stomping Dependent", and from what I've heard, when unhealthy, this would match. (The "dependent" would be the "too optimistic" part where you would become abused. The more critical aspects you mention would lend to the "foot-stomping").

INTP is torn between two diametric opposites; for me, the Supine which wants to be passive and friendly, and the Choleric, who wants to be aggressive and critical. For those who are Phlegmatic in place of Supine, it will be between the Choleric's energy and the Phlegmatic's lack of energy.
In either case, these opposite drives cancel each other out, leading to what you describe. It's like sometimes I don't know what else to do.

ENFJ would the same mix in reverse, but I don't know a lot about them first hand. They would likely be a more aggressive version of the "foot-stomping dependent"; someone who bosses everyone around, ultimately to take care of them.

ESFJ is also two diametric opposites, the fun loving Sanguine and the serious Melancholy. They will bounce back and forth between frivolity and being overly serious or depressed. A friend of ours calls it (in Spanish) "friocaliente" (Both temperaments are prone to mood swings as it is).
ISTP will be the same thing in reverse. (hence, the anxiety).

ISFJ, as Supine Melancholy would be a cross between ISTJ and INFP (the purest forms of those temperaments).
(The rape thing cannot be too generalized to a type, though the APS manuals do mention that a Melancholy might be more likely to rape if raped themselves, and they "play it over and over again in their minds". For ISFJ, I imagine this might be tempered by the Supine or Phlegmatic in the mix. But the point there is, when unhealthy, they would dwell on the negative (si), and it would keep them really depressed and neurotic).

Classic temperament (such as Tim LaHaye) will generally use Hitler as the example of the pure Choleric at its extreme worst. So that's why I argue Hitler was ENTJ.
Of course, most people are not that unhealthy, but average unhealthiness would be simply being very aggressive and critical, and needing to win, and also undertaking any behavior necessary to attain their goals. (Including behavior we would take as "Fe", explaining a lot of that confusion, and I notice they also like to turn the tables and play the "victim" even as they loudly accuse others of stuff like "whining", and then actually claim to be "bullied" by those they are actually bullying when they try to fight back).

The Choleric gets the worst rap (as you can see on that page), but the positive side is that when that aggressiveness and criticalness are healthy and used for good, they are the ones who can accomplish the most.
Obviously, Western society is very Choleric, and much of the political debate we are hearing now, is from a Choleric society speaking of themselves as the "makers", and blaming the weak for their own and everyone else's problems, but cannot own the negative side (like them constantly rebuffing charges of racism/colonialism, telling everyone to get over it, and ignoring the negative effects of these things).

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@OP, classic temperament traditionally went more into the negative side of personality (giving the positive and negative equal time, basically). You can see these here: http://www.fighunter.com/index.php?page=temperaments

Basically
Sanguine: short bursts of anger to gain attention
Choleric: longer anger and criticalness
Melancholy: critical in a more sad and dour way
Phlegmatic: slow and lacking energy
Supine: open dependence, wants affirmation but cannot express himself to get it, so ends up resentful

This is one thing that made it tricky to correlate temperament with type in places.

But it turns out that temperament is represented in type by both Keirsey's "conative" groups, as well as the Interaction Styles.

So if you look at these type correlations (Based on
Sanguine: ESF/ENP, SP
Choleric: EST/ENJ, NT
Melancholy: IST/INJ, SJ
Phlegmatic/Supine: ISF/INP, NF

ISTJ: pure Melancholy
ISFJ: Phlegmatic-Melancholy
INFJ: Melancholy-Phlegmatic
INTJ: Melancholy-Choleric
ISTP: Melancholy-Sanguine
ISFP: Phlegmatic-Sanguine
INFP: Phlegmatic and/or Supine
INTP: Phlegmatic-Choleric
ESTP: Choleric-Sanguine
ESFP: pure Sanguine
ENFP: Sanguine-Phlegmatic
ENTP: Sanguine-Choleric
ESTJ: Choleric-Melancholy
ESFJ: Sanguine-Melancholy
ENFJ: Choleric-Phlegmatic
ENTJ: pure Choleric

Your descriptions seem to pretty much match (like the INFP's "dependency", something you almost never hear about in 16 types profiles, proving it is likely Supine. Also, if the person is 7w6, that will probably be more on the Supine side, than 9 or 4, which might be more Phlegmatic).

INFJ would fit what's known in FIRO as the "Foot-Stomping Dependent", and from what I've heard, when unhealthy, this would match. (The "dependent" would be the "too optimistic" part where you would become abused. The more critical aspects you mention would lend to the "foot-stomping").

INTP is torn between two diametric opposites; for me, the Supine which wants to be passive and friendly, and the Choleric, who wants to be aggressive and critical. For those who are Phlegmatic in place of Supine, it will be between the Choleric's energy and the Phlegmatic's lack of energy.
In either case, these opposite drives cancel each other out, leading to what you describe. It's like sometimes I don't know what else to do.

ENFJ would the same mix in reverse, but I don't know a lot about them first hand. They would likely be a more aggressive version of the "foot-stomping dependent"; someone who bosses everyone around, ultimately to take care of them.

ESFJ is also two diametric opposites, the fun loving Sanguine and the serious Melancholy. They will bounce back and forth between frivolity and being overly serious or depressed. A friend of ours calls it (in Spanish) "friocaliente" (Both temperaments are prone to mood swings as it is).
ISTP will be the same thing in reverse. (hence, the anxiety).

ISFJ, as Supine Melancholy would be a cross between ISTJ and INFP (the purest forms of those temperaments).
(The rape thing cannot be too generalized to a type, though the APS manuals do mention that a Melancholy might be more likely to rape if raped themselves, and they "play it over and over again in their minds". For ISFJ, I imagine this might be tempered by the Supine or Phlegmatic in the mix. But the point there is, when unhealthy, they would dwell on the negative (si), and it would keep them really depressed and neurotic).

Classic temperament (such as Tim LaHaye) will generally use Hitler as the example of the pure Choleric at its extreme worst. So that's why I argue Hitler was ENTJ.
Of course, most people are not that unhealthy, but average unhealthiness would be simply being very aggressive and critical, and needing to win, and also undertaking any behavior necessary to attain their goals. (Including behavior we would take as "Fe", explaining a lot of that confusion, and I notice they also like to turn the tables and play the "victim" even as they loudly accuse others of stuff like "whining", and then actually claim to be "bullied" by those they are actually bullying when they try to fight back).

The Choleric gets the worst rap (as you can see on that page), but the positive side is that when that aggressiveness and criticalness are healthy and used for good, they are the ones who can accomplish the most.
Obviously, Western society is very Choleric, and much of the political debate we are hearing now, is from a Choleric society speaking of themselves as the "makers", and blaming the weak for their own and everyone else's problems, but cannot own the negative side (like them constantly rebuffing charges of racism/colonialism, telling everyone to get over it, and ignoring the negative effects of these things).

i would attribute supine also to isfp. they get all attention whoring when unhealthy. they dont even say it, but if you dont give attention to them talking about food, or even when you dont talk to them, then they get all angry. its like i need to constantly focus all my attention on them.. -.-

i think hitler being infj makes sense, because hes the person i most relate to in this existence. i often realize, that i have plans very similar to hitlers, and its kind of disturbing.. but at least i learned from his mistake, to not do it. (an sx so gone wrong would make us overly rational and outright cruel. like hitler. i sometimes consider myself, and other people as mere calculations and treat them as such, just calculating what to do with them, and what they are. ignoring any aspect of emotionality. considering it as a product of errors in their thinking. im also very pseudo feely in that state, appearing like all emotionally expressive, but its just a failed attempt of enjoying life. pseudo feeliness is a common unhealthy 4w3 trait. it sometimes shock me when i realize, that ive put a huge show of feelings, but i dont feel any of it deeply. when i read my old posts, it creeps me so much how i can now see that i didnt really feel any of those feelings i thought i felt. it was all just a part of a role i played.)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i would attribute supine also to isfp. they get all attention whoring when unhealthy. they dont even say it, but if you dont give attention to them talking about food, or even when you dont talk to them, then they get all angry. its like i need to constantly focus all my attention on them.. -.-
I forgot in copying the type/temperament correlation to add Supine. Anywhere you see "Phlegmatic" could also be Supine, so ISFP would be Supine-Sanguine, and fit what you describe. (Supine and Sanguine have the same needs for people, just the Sanguine is more expressive of it, but after awhile, if the Supine doesn't get the need met, they will act out in some way. So the two temperaments combined will of course also seek acknowledgment like that).

Hitler just doesn't seem Supine, though they all say he's 6 as well, which is very Supine. They can become angry and violent (especially mixed with a more critical temperament like Melancholy; hence, "foot-stomping dependent", but Hitler doesn't seem dependent in the least. So again, he looks like a Choleric ENTJ 8 (or at least a 1) feigning Fe "considering others" behavior just to sway people int he pursuit of his goals.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hitler was a NAZI.

You know who else was like Hitler? Hitler.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Only someone with a lower IQ would say this.

ORLY?

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
lols, te's. often your magical thinking annoys me.

the reality isnt something you can define by test. open your eyes, look outside, see? thats the reality, not some test devised to figure out if people can figure out somethng irrelevant. i mean, seriously, who on earth needs such skills as the abstract thinking that the iq tests are about? you cant apply that in practice.

next time you beat me at a pokemon game, please dont brag me how big it made you.

Never argue with a bitter INTJ about IQ tests. It's like the only pathetic thing they can cling to. I've experienced this shit on multiple web sites, with multiple self-typed INTJs, and marveled simultaneously at them missing their own blind spots while happily pointing out everyone else's.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]

That rings true with my experience, so I guess I was misleading in my statements before. I'm the same way with apologies, generally -- i.e. sorrys don't solve anything, so please just get it fixed -- but I value the reasoning behind their mistake. I've found that Fi-users are more likely to explain themselves, and to respond well to other people explaining themselves. It's good to know where the person was coming from, so you can nip the real problem in the bud by telling them where their thought process went awry. By contrast, my personal experience has shown that Fe users respond very poorly to this and think the Fi user is avoiding taking responsibility for their actions.

Edit: I also may think more highly of the person if their reasoning was strong, than if it was a stupid or thoughtless mistake.

I've experienced the "I'm sorry, but really let's not actually CHANGE anything" with Si combined with Fe, more than Fe itself, per se. It's like what they are capable of doing to others as a depressed, overwhelmed individual or individual in denial. This is where the ISFJ stereotype comes from, but my ESFJ ex did it too (which is why I left him).

Usually it's not THAT harmful. Like usually it's your sixty year old grandma smiling politely and saying "okay let's now all have cake" to sweep the fact that your uncle Mort just socked your aunt Janet in the face under the rug...okay, that's still harmful, but it's harmful through neglect.

I've experienced more benign neglect with Si Fe/Fe Si types in this "sweeping it under the rug" way.

But it can be overtly harmful in some individuals, obviously, depending on the individual.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've experienced the "I'm sorry, but really let's not actually CHANGE anything" with Si combined with Fe, more than Fe itself, per se. It's like what they are capable of doing to others as a depressed, overwhelmed individual or individual in denial. This is where the ISFJ stereotype comes from, but my ESFJ ex did it too (which is why I left him).

Usually it's not THAT harmful. Like usually it's your sixty year old grandma smiling politely and saying "okay let's now all have cake" to sweep the fact that your uncle Mort just socked your aunt Janet in the face under the rug...okay, that's still harmful, but it's harmful through neglect.

I've experienced more benign neglect with Si Fe/Fe Si types in this "sweeping it under the rug" way.

But it can be overtly harmful in some individuals, obviously, depending on the individual.
My best friend broke up with her unhealthy/immature INFJ 9w1 boyfriend because he did that same thing. Though it was definitely unhealthy Ni tunnel vision + unhealthy 9 complacency on his part; he'd literally forget whole conversations if the truths contained within them were too difficult for him to absorb.

I would say it's getting worse, but honestly, it's the same as it's always been, and everyone else in our friend group has matured to the point that his behavior is no longer tolerable.
ORLY?

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein
Copycat. I used that same quote back at her. :alttongue:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My comment that insults are in the eye of the beholder means that the receiver can control the emotional impact of the statement. I recognize the examples I listed above as attempts by someone to be insulting, but I refuse to "feel" insulted by them. This is easy to do when one focuses on the objective content (or lack thereof). In this sense I do place responsibility for insults on the receiver. Either the content of the "insult" is accurate and useful, or it is not. So, why then is it bad to try to insult people? It is an ineffective way to address problems, including people you may dislike or not get along with. It relies on inaccuracy, hyperbole, and ugly language, and attempts to manipulate the other person. I see it as a reflection entirely on the speaker, and refuse to be manipulated by it.
I agree we control our own emotional responses; but as you say in the last bit, it is worth addressing if someone treats you badly. And you did admit that the comments you listed were insults; they just didn't have an emotional impact on you. If someone were to ask the deliverers of those comments if they insulted you, they would likely say yes. It is a completely ineffective way to solve problems, which is why I don't do it as a rule. But I also don't do it because it's just mean.

I want to reiterate that this is not in any way directed at your interaction on this thread; it is only addressing the topic.
"Use a dictionary."

i did, and all that came up was nonsencial.
I think you mean "nonsensical."
Only someone with a lower IQ would say this.
Not necessarily. A lot of research into intelligence has been done, and most agree that IQ is not a comprehensive measurement. My IQ is at least above average, possibly in the top 2%, and I don't think IQ's are all they are cracked up to be.
I lack the proper terminology for a lot of mental disorders so I'll try to use my own words. These have been my personal observations so far.

ENTP - Narcissistic
ESFJ - Obsessive Compulsive, Twisted morality (ie: two face, from "The Dark Knight")
INTP - schitzophrenic Catatonia
ISFJ - Depressive Catatonia
ISTP - schitzophrenic paranoia
ESTP - Sadistic Sociopathy
ENFJ - Narcissistic Psychopathy
INFJ - Depressive and Masochism
ESFP - Vanity Histrionic
ISFP - Vanity and Masochism
ENTJ - Narcissistic Sociopathy
INTJ - Paranoia Narcissism
ENFP - Vanity Narcissism
INFP - Depressive Dependant
ESTJ - Obsessive Compulsive Narcissism
ISTJ - Sociopathy or Passive Aggressive
While it must obviously be said that being "unhealthy" is far from having an actual disorder, I think your categories are pretty accurate in describing the directions in which types tend to go.

[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION]: I approve of the thread topic, and believe that constructive criticism is usually useful. Typology is useful in helping people grow toward their most functional selves.

However, I think you have been letting some of your personal biases color your assessments. Also I believe that you are in fact ENFJ and not INFJ. You respond to people in the same way as the one I knew. (Given what I said about her that may sound terrible, but I'm not saying you are like her in any of those ways- just that you become defensive when criticized and seem to exhibit inferior Ti.)
Edit: Not of course that it matters. I would be a huge hypocrite if I were to make a big deal over someone possibly being mistyped.

[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] /@Victor, whoever you are: I mean this as constructive criticism and not an insult: it has been pointed out to you over and over that your responses to people are often out of proportion to what is typically functional and usual with regard to comments which have a critical tone. While it may be the case in some cases that people are insulting you, it might benefit you to engage in some introspection and ascertain whether there is a grain of truth in what they say, and suppress your emotional response. While I will not go so far as to call you "unhealthy" because I don't know you and your circumstances, it is typical of IXFP's in the grip of inferior Te to perceive criticism and negative judgment where it is not.

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] /@Victor, whoever you are: I mean this as constructive criticism and not an insult: it has been pointed out to you over and over that your responses to people are often out of proportion to what is typically functional and usual with regard to comments which have a critical tone. While it may be the case in some cases that people are insulting you, it might benefit you to engage in some introspection and ascertain whether there is a grain of truth in what they say, and suppress your emotional response. While I will not go so far as to call you "unhealthy" because I don't know you and your circumstances, it is typical of IXFP's in the grip of inferior Te to perceive criticism and negative judgment where it is not.

Personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

Are you talking about me insulting you or others? And people don't get banned after a few insults. They get infractions IF the mods deem their behaviour against the rules.

Well, I tried. If you're not interested in learning about your type, that's unfortunate for you.