• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The nasty side of unhealthy MBTI types.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
its generally regarded as a taboo to uncover the negative traits of each types when gone unhealthy, but i think lacking awareness of these aspects put ourselves in serious danger to unknown threats.

so i thought we could share experiences of how different types have gone unhealthy in your life. (and specify as much as you know about their typology since instincts and enneagram have relevance too!)

ill start with myself: infj 4w3 sx so:
i get very prejudiceful, and i wont even realize it. i judge people by their surface, and most of people get categorized as 'boring', and thus i ignore them completely, so i could focus on more interesting things. ive been attacked physically for doing this, it will continue in the isfp section.
blaming others for whatever is bothing them, inability to use Ti to see that the fault is in their own thinking. this leads to self absorbtion. which leads to distorted reality image. being both too pessimistic of others and too optimistic, thus suspectible to abuse easily. at my worst, i dont see others as people at all, see them as mere equations, or, i have too high expectations and have to get disappointed. illusion of understanding tends to lead to nihilistic world views, with ignorant unrealistic hopes.

enfp 4w3 sx so(my little sister):
she sometimes gets into this mode where shes angry at others for ignoring her, and she desperately wants their attention, this she does by doing whatever she can to hurt them, verbally mostly. also by mean pranks.

isfp:
they allow the world to affect themselves too much, not realizing that its irrational. they get very paranoid, and muse crazy theories about every gesture that people do. like smiling, i like smiling, and this one isfp interpreted that i always smiled because i thought something bad of him. he practically thought everything around him is centered on him, even though in reality it was all unrelated. the reason i actually smiled was cause i enjoyed my (another one)isfp friends company. ive also heard one isfp tell me a similar story that he attacked someone due similar paranoid reasons.

istj 4w3(most likely sx so):
i met one serial raper, he was very twisted, manipulative, no sense of morals, his only guidance in life was sensual pleasure. the only thing he cared about.
thinks of lying and manipulation as like a sport to get what he wants, very prideful of his manipulation skills.

estp:
ive never came into conflicts with them, but i see a huge potential for bullying in them. i was once treated carelessly by one, made me think wtf? and then one another seemed quite dangerous, like she didnt care if she hurts others physically due her carelessness. they also disregard other peoples health in the std section too, blindly following their lust.

entp:
when unhealthy, they stop caring about others and start seeing them as a mere game. lying is common, and manipulation too.

intj:
they start viewing people by how they can use them, effortlessly pretending like there was a relationship, and once they have what they came for, its over.

infp 7w6 so sx:
hes bitter at this country, blaming strangers for his misfortunes. shouting all kinds of insults to strangers. he also depends too much on others instead of taking care of his own problems.

esfp 7w6 so sp:
she only cares about her happiness, if she has to destroy another persons life for pleasure, she will. doesnt care about consequences of her actions at all. thinks of other people as acquisitions. like items.

intp:
very disorganized, spends all the time thinking of thoughts that lead nowhere. no focus or goals in life. thinking itself seems the purpose of life, not the product of thoughts.

istp:
anxious of people, their thoughts, existence, everything. cant seem to relax.

of types i have no experience of unhealthy sides at all:
estj's (ive heard they can be liars and manipulative.)
isfj's
esfj's (ive observed a potentially unhealthy esfj being emotionally manipulative to get people into doing things with them.)
entj's
enfj's

after gaining several permanent injuries due other people, i made it my project to understand every humans problems to avoid that ever happening again. i think this also helps me avoid being a problem myself, to others.

soo.. after this long time writing pretty much my life story in nutshell, im interested in hearing of other peoples experiences and thoughts.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
intp:
very disorganized, spends all the time thinking of thoughts that lead nowhere. no focus or goals in life. thinking itself seems the purpose of life, not the product of thoughts.

Rubbish. Blatant typism, and clearly false. Now, excuse me while I try to think up another rationalization for being so damn lazy.

esfp 7w6 so sp:
she only cares about her happiness, if she has to destroy another persons life for pleasure, she will. doesnt care about consequences of her actions at all. thinks of other people as acquisitions. like items.

No, it's just that people are being selfish for not thinking about her happiness all the time and worrying about meaningless stuff like job security instead.

S

Stansmith

Unhealthy ENFP 6w7 so/sx (me)

-become really contradictory and edgy

-very self-centered and cut off from people

-obsessed with closure and getting the last laugh

-extreme flaky moods; one minute down, lazy and self hating, the next minute confident, impulsive and inspired as hell

-prone to fantasizing about future "greatness"

-subtly toxic

-inappropriate and nihilistic in thoughts

-stuck in an extreme Ne-Te loop

-narcissistic, envious and unreceptive

-Starts dumping all his problems on close friends until they begin to distance themselves from him

-unappreciative of what they have

Mole

Permabanned
Asking for the unhealthy side of mbti is like asking for the unhealthy side of astrology.

Neither astrology nor mbti is based on empirical evidence.

Both astrology and mbti appeal to the gullible and the manipulative.

But here we see it is a compulsive obsession.

Standuble

You know an ISTJ 4 and an INFP 7? How do you know you're not dealing with mistypes and your negative descriptions are accurate?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I didn't know it was taboo to bring up unhealthy types. If anything it's a good discussion to have in terms of identifying general patterns to be aware of and watch out for.

However there is a risk of generalising it too much and ignoring the individual circumstances factor.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Asking for the unhealthy side of mbti is like asking for the unhealthy side of astrology.

I have a great book about that. It's called Darkside Astrology by Stella Hyde. It's awesome and hilarious. :)

Oh gods- I could rant forever about the ENFJ I knew. I have some in other places. Shall I paraphrase it for you?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rubbish. Blatant typism, and clearly false. Now, excuse me while I try to think up another rationalization for being so damn lazy.

No, it's just that people are being selfish for not thinking about her happiness all the time and worrying about meaningless stuff like job security instead.

lol? intp, use your Fe to connect with people, maybe then you understand why we feel what we feel. -.-
instead of just irrationally rejecting others because youre so self absorbed.

and what does it matter why they are unhealthy? unhealthines is unhealthiness, circumstances have no relevance.

intp's laziness is just them not using Si and Fe. being stuck on the primary functions. as like how i can be stuck on Ni and Fe, making me work too hard and it leads to nowhere.

ugh, and here they go again, "empiricial evidence", i mean, are you really so lazy that you cant figure anything out by yourself? =|
if youre so ignorant, then why dont you go back into the hole you crawled from?

You know an ISTJ 4 and an INFP 7? How do you know you're not dealing with mistypes and your negative descriptions are accurate?

because ive _connected_ with them. -.-
if i can connect to you, then i know your whole soul. none of it is a mystery to me at that point. i can figure everything about the person with that information.

I have a great book about that. It's called Darkside Astrology by Stella Hyde. It's awesome and hilarious. :)

Oh gods- I could rant forever about the ENFJ I knew. I have some in other places. Shall I paraphrase it for you?

yes.

Standuble

[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION] The idea that you know all about a person just by connecting with them is IMO bullcrap. Your Ni may think you have them understood but that just isn't enough. Most the types you mentioned have functions you do not possess in your function stack after all and intuition or no you don't have the benefits of first hand insight into their modus operandi.

I

Infinite Bubble

i am an esfp 7w6 so/sx which means i party too often like every night or two which is very unhealthy if you do it as much as i do because you get drunk and that alot and sleep on the street covered in my own sick

because i am a p, sometimes i leave the chicken on too long because i forgot, and i end up having to eat wing shaped charcoal, then i blame the incident on god because of my inferior ni making shit up

i an an E, which leads to me being overly obnoxious and loud and that really gets to all the introverts, because they are basically mute all the time and hate extroverts but i hate introverts too because they never talk and are really boring

being an S i am an overall stupid person, once i scored 82 on an iq test, at first i thought that was good because, you know, its a big number, but apparently it means i'm mentally challenged, and i am very defensive and mean towards people who tell me i'm an idiot even though i am really because my Fi gets hurt real easily

becuase of being an F i am overly emotional and my judements are usually entirely irational and i don't bother with reasoning ever, and in arguments i shout out people for *them* being irrational

being a 7 means i'm always scattered and can never focus ever, i've never focused on anything in my life and am always randomly doing crap that doesn't need doing, ei sometimes because i have dom Se so i'm always impulsive, i can randomly scream at people or start a fight just because i feel like it

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION] The idea that you know all about a person just by connecting with them is IMO bullcrap. Your Ni may think you have them understood but that just isn't enough. Most the types you mentioned have functions you do not possess in your function stack after all and intuition or no you don't have the benefits of first hand insight into their modus operandi.

i have my Ti and Fe. with Fe, i can literally feel how other people experience the reality, its great insight into their worlds. and my Ti, its more abstract, and allows me to understand the parts that Fe cannot process.(such as how abstractly Te works, which defies logic.) yes, its a work in progress, but i think i have pretty firm understanding of every function. especially the judging functions and intuitive functions.
[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION]

"i an an E, which leads to me being overly obnoxious and loud and that really gets to all the introverts, because they are basically mute all the time and hate extroverts but i hate introverts too because they never talk and are really boring"

lols, i love talking! =D
and im not boring, as long as i have the confidence not to care if i make mistakes. but sometimes my IJ'ness takes over and i become afraid of making mistakes so i wont dare to have fun.

and i think IQ is just bullshit, intelligence is about being the best _you_ you can be, not someone elses idea of intelligence.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone has their darker times. As an ENFP, I've never been into pranking people or anything. I do sometimes crave human interaction, in which cases I use social media, call a friend, or will even just go out and browse around stores just to be in public around other people. When I was younger, i definitely sought attention, but I was usually surrounded by family and friends (thankfully), so I never had to resort to any trickery.

For me, I've felt 'darkest' when I was challenged to be hyper-disciplined, focused, and organized for long periods of time (grad school and starting my career). I'd lived my life being care-free, relaxed, and getting by on my natural love for learning and social skills as far as school was concerned. When faced with such important stakes, I kind of 'turned'. I became very anxious, irritable, depressed, nitpicky about details, developed an eating disorder where I meticulously counted my calories, and was generally sucked dry of my usual cheery demeanor. Of course all of this behavior was completely opposite from anything that comes naturally for me. My family and friends have said that I really was a different person during those years. I've read that ENFPs can display this kind of behavior under stress because of our inferior Si function. Si is responsible for attention to details and being in tune with body signals. This has ALWAYS been a weakness of mine, one of which I'm quite aware, but historically have not cared much about. When stressed though, I tried to overcompensate by going all Si in a very unhealthy and imbalanced way.

After going to therapy, I'm now taking yoga classes to help me focus on my body's signals in a more balanced way. Focusing inward still isn't easy, but I'm working on it :)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol? intp, use your Fe to connect with people, maybe then you understand why we feel what we feel. -.-
instead of just irrationally rejecting others because youre so self absorbed.

I don't do this so much anymore.

intp's laziness is just them not using Si and Fe. being stuck on the primary functions. as like how i can be stuck on Ni and Fe, making me work too hard and it leads to nowhere.

I was wondering this, so thanks for providing outside confirmation for my mental map.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unhealthy INTP (ME)

Jumping up and down insanely while singing "God Save The Queen" although I have neither a God nor a Queen.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
unhealthy ENFJ: paranoid delusions, incapable of taking criticism, loud, would manipulate people into being emotionally dependent on her by alternately complimenting and criticizing out of proportion and making "intuitive observations" about people to make them feel special, talked about how behavior was not appropriate according to a mystical "they," always talking about some tragic thing going on with herself or someone else, always seeing meaning where it wasn't, provoking emotional reactions and then feeding off the energy, gave way too much information about herself, said a lot of magical and mystical things she believed were "scientifically proven" when she'd just read some article about it, put people on guilt trips, and was the biggest hypocrite I've ever met.

On the positive side, she was smart and a really loving person. She ran a nonprofit organization helping people in the community with basic needs; unfortunately it was badly run and she was using it to make herself feel useful by being selfless in the extreme, and further making people dependent on her. I think deep down the only way she felt like she would be wanted was if people needed her.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unhealthy INTP (ME)

Jumping up and down insanely while singing "God Save The Queen" although I have neither a God nor a Queen.
Somehow I have trouble imagining you doing this.

Mole

Permabanned
are you really so lazy that you cant figure anything out by yourself? =|
if youre so ignorant, then why dont you go back into the hole you crawled from?

These are personal insults. And personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are personal insults. And personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.
Actually, one is a question, and one is a conditional statement.

(It seems as though you are determined to find an insult behind every bush.)