philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    @greenfairy

"does not care whether the receiver takes it as an insult"

you cant seriously expect me to understand someone whose type i dont know. and i dont think people have the right to misinterprete what i say by their own will, forming it into something which it _isnt_.
    Right, which is why I say both people have a responsibility for making communication effective, and it's not about who is right and wrong. And I wasn't directing my assessment at any particular person- it's just what I think of the issue of insults. The question was asked and I decided to take the liberty of answering because I thought my opinion would be useful.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

and i think IQ is just bullshit, intelligence is about being the best _you_ you can be, not someone elses idea of intelligence.
    Only someone with a lower IQ would say this.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    lols, te's. often your magical thinking annoys me.

the reality isnt something you can define by test. open your eyes, look outside, see? thats the reality, not some test devised to figure out if people can figure out somethng irrelevant. i mean, seriously, who on earth needs such skills as the abstract thinking that the iq tests are about? you cant apply that in practice.

next time you beat me at a pokemon game, please dont brag me how big it made you.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Or someone with a higher IQ who didn't let it get to their head -- and didn't forget that it's only a measure of one small subtype of intelligence.

"Everyone is a genuis. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."
    - Albert Einstein
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku
    i dont think so. there are people who can see through their prejudices, and analyze others neutrally without affiliations to any direction.
    True. You don't seem to be one of them, though -- as you appear heavily biased against INFPs.
    you cant seriously expect me to understand someone whose type i dont know. and i dont think people have the right to misinterprete what i say by their own will, forming it into something which it _isnt_.

ill tell you from experience: ive been physically attacked, because i smiled. i didnt even smile to this person, he just went all nuts and created paranoid theories about it. how on earth am i supposed to know how a _stranger_ thinks? its impossible.
    Better to have some working assumptions, than none at all. General interpersonal trends, personal precedent, and social norms, are all good starting points. Obviously it can never be an exact science.
    i think its an Fe - Fi difference. fe fellas judge comments by intent, Fi fellas judge by their own feelings, not caring of the intent.

ive been complimented as for being a "normal person" and "a typical male", which is as offending as you can get with me, but due me being Fe, im able to value those compliments for their intent, not their effect.
    Not necessarily true. IME Fi-users tend to care more about intent, e.g. when someone has done something wrong and are apologizing while explaining themselves. They find it easier to partially excuse people for having the right intent, while still telling them to do better next time. Whereas, Fe-users are more likely to say "Stop making excuses and fix the problem."

I know this from personal experience.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

and i dont think people have the right to misinterprete what i say by their own will, forming it into something which it _isnt_.
    At the risk of sounding pedantic, on what basis are you capable of assigning any "rights" to others at all? People are entitled to whatever mindsets they choose by default- that's beyond your/my/etc control. That's a simple consequence of existing, & apt to vary. It's up to each individual to calibrate their perceptions/expectations internally/externally as they see fit. There's little utility in being outraged over someone failing to understand you. Considering we can never even fully understand ourselves, it's probably best to try to sit back & expect the unexpected, I figure.

ill tell you from experience: ive been physically attacked, because i smiled. i didnt even smile to this person, he just went all nuts and created paranoid theories about it. how on earth am i supposed to know how a _stranger_ thinks? its impossible.
    @bold You seem to at least grant yourself that much leeway, regarding 'rights' to interpret (or not interpret). It appears to me by your previous statement that you have some trouble extending that awareness to those around you.

The crazy person is obviously an exception- I've witnessed that stuff before/been involved in it. It sucks. There's only so much you can brace yourself for. But overall, you're going to encounter more "sane" people than you will volatile. I think you're running the risk of overcategorizing people in a manner that may have more conflict potential than utility, in the longterm.

Most of what you're expounding upon has little to do with function theory at all, & more to do with the general human condition, & your own perspectives based on the sum of your experiences, & the resulting emotional imprints left behind, imo. Risk of projection factors into that overcategorization.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Better to have some working assumptions, than none at all. General interpersonal trends, personal precedent, and social norms, are all good starting points. Obviously it can never be an exact science.

I know this from personal experience.
    "True. You don't seem to be one of them, though -- as you appear heavily biased against INFPs."

lolwat? i dont claim my thoughts to be finished, but i dont think ive said anything about them that isnt a honest observation.
    i think infp's have one of the most innocent ways of breaking down, they dont start killing people, torturing people, or insulting others. the only thing that happens is they themselves get messed, start blabbering a bunch of nonsense, shout/think silly thoughts about others and ignore others. to me, thats like having water thrown at my face in comparison to some types raping tendencies in similar states. so yeah, rather that than being raped.

"Not necessarily true. IME Fi-users tend to care more about intent, e.g. when someone has done something wrong and are apologizing while explaining themselves. They find it easier to partially excuse people for having the right intent, while still telling them to do better next time. Whereas, Fe-users are more likely to say "Stop making excuses and fix the problem." "

Fi fellas usually take it as a personal insult if i criticize their activities. its not like my intent was to harm them, im just trying to guide them into focusing on more relevant things. so they wouldnt be stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    At the risk of sounding pedantic, on what basis are you capable of assigning any "rights" to others at all? People are entitled to whatever mindsets they choose by default- that's beyond your/my/etc control. That's a simple consequence of existing, & apt to vary. It's up to each individual to calibrate their perceptions/expectations internally/externally as they see fit. There's little utility in being outraged over someone failing to understand you. Considering we can never even fully understand ourselves, it's probably best to try to sit back & expect the unexpected, I figure.

@bold You seem to at least grant yourself that much leeway, regarding 'rights' to interpret (or not interpret). It appears to me by your previous statement that you have some trouble extending that awareness to those around you.

The crazy person is obviously an exception- I've witnessed that stuff before/been involved in it. It sucks. There's only so much you can brace yourself for. But overall, you're going to encounter more "sane" people than you will volatile. I think you're running the risk of overcategorizing people in a manner that may have more conflict potential than utility, in the longterm.

Most of what you're expounding upon has little to do with function theory at all, & more to do with the general human condition, & your own perspectives based on the sum of your experiences, & the resulting emotional imprints left behind, imo. Risk of projection factors into that overcategorization.
    so youre completely fine if someone sadistic just enjoys raping you for fun? after all, their judgment was so, so innocent. they only wanted pleasure, and since you have no rights to demand them to care for others.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

"True. You don't seem to be one of them, though -- as you appear heavily biased against INFPs."

lolwat? i dont claim my thoughts to be finished, but i dont think ive said anything about them that isnt a honest observation.
    i think infp's have one of the most innocent ways of breaking down, they dont start killing people, torturing people, or insulting others. the only thing that happens is they themselves get messed, start blabbering a bunch of nonsense, shout/think silly thoughts about others and ignore others. to me, thats like having water thrown at my face in comparison to some types raping tendencies in similar states. so yeah, rather that than being raped.
    I'd like to see some kinda statistical data to back up your rape conclusions one way or the other. As it stands, this statement is almost comical. A spectacular leap in very basic reasoning.

Fi fellas usually take it as a personal insult if i criticize their activities. its not like my intent was to harm them, im just trying to guide them into focusing on more relevant things. so they wouldnt be stuck.
    Do you suppose it's possible you're imposing your own sense of subjective relevance onto people who may simply have different values compared to your own?

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    yupp

I am not offended by others actions unless it encroaches on me personally.or if the person is extremely stupid and i can't understand how they're not a gold fish. I guess the second part is more me being puzzled, rather than offended
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

so youre completely fine if someone sadistic just enjoys raping you for fun? after all, their judgment was so, so innocent. they only wanted pleasure, and since you have no rights to demand them to care for others.
    I've survived sexual assault, in the past, among other things, incidentally (I can't/won't speak for anyone else who has experienced that). No it shouldn't have happened. However, I was talking about perspectives in of themselves, not the actions. The two are separate, but can run in tandem, of course. I am aware some people are simply fucked up- their distorted thinking/emotional reactions/impulses are beyond their sense of control, perhaps, & absolutely beyond mine. Acting on those thoughts/feelings, however, is a choice- & I do hold them responsible for their actions. They're free to think & feel as they like, for I am not qualified to repair damaged people, nor am I qualified to police the psyche of fellow humans.

The default freedom of perception I pointed out- and the personal responsibility for wrongdoings you're now focusing on, are two separate concepts. People don't "have to" care about others. Many don't, and I accept that as a reality. However, not all of them will act in callous ways because they are aware of consequences for their actions (not to mention, not all less-empathetic people are malicious by nature). I wasn't attempting to defend evil actions by any means. I only pointed out that people can and will interpret the world however they've personally evolved to, so it's useful to keep that in mind when interacting with others, vs universally expecting or demanding they see reality as you may (which I mean yeah, harmony is certainly ideal, but it's not what is- & what is tends to be what we all have to learn to work around/prepare for, however we can). It was a neutral statement about a concrete fact.

Is it that hard for you to hold two conflicting ideas in your mind at once? (this is meant to be an actual query, by the way, not a rhetorical remark)