User Tag List

First 2101112

Results 111 to 120 of 120

  1. #111
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Your impulse to accuse people of insulting you and then say over and over that violation of the rules may lead to banning causes an anti-social flame as you put it. In any case it is distracting to people who want to read about the thread topic. Perhaps you should inhibit your impulse.
    Rules is rules.

  2. #112
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Rules is rules.
    That is tautological. But it should be rules ARE rules (just as grammar is grammar).
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  3. #113
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Pigs is Pigs, and, Rules is Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That is tautological. But it should be rules ARE rules (just as grammar is grammar).
    "Pigs is pigs", is a famous story of guinea pigs in a railway station. So naturally I am quoting the grammar for comic effect.

    I hope you enjoy the story by clicking on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXlF3sa9xs

  4. #114
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    They are insults as much as a hard, misshapen lump of cooked baking ingredients on a plate is a cake. I would not dignify either with the customary name if it does not produce the intended effect. The wannabee "baker" can call it whatever he likes, but that does not change its reality.
    Yeah he wants a gingerbread man....he gets a gingerbread dinosaur.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #115
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Hm...I don't know. Do you spend a lot of time socializing in alternative ways, like online or playing role playing games? I haven't met too many INFJ's or ENFJ's either; but your posting style strikes me as a bit different than other INFJ's on here. Just a thought. You could just be unique. But the fact that thinking in Ti sorts of ways is frustrating for you points more toward it being inferior than tertiary. Do you relate to inferior Se?
    UHH.. only all my time. i pretend im doing it for "learning", but ive recognized, i dont really focus on internalizing what i "learn". i just make quick hasty assumptions, and then im happily browsing the next thread. because.. theres too much to learn. =|
    sx so's are known for being pseudo rationals when unhealthy, so it definately has to have a part in this.
    (i played games too much majority of my childhood, i was so disappointed in other people because i thought i was the only person with feelings, and that they are unbearably stupid.)

    and one ridiculous Je dom trait ive observed to potentially exist in me: when i know it, its common knowledge. (like estj's expecting social rules and norms to be obvious.. <.<)

    im not sure what Se is, but my idea is that its my sensuality. but now that i think, i think i can be very sensual. but if i dont bother to find it fascinating (using Ti?, then its just bland and lacks depth.)

    ive compared myself to infj's, and all types ive met, but it seems like i dont really relate to any of them. infj is the most similar at least. and then the infj's might say how they relate to me, but when i investigate their posts, i realize they are completely different. like Ni doms, i dont get any magical imagages in my mind with hidden meanings. i do have an annoyingly acute empathy thats beyound my control, but thats it.

    and when i made threads for infj's, even though i instructed them to give me their theories on those experiences of theirs, they would still just blabber it all out (and in too short) without explanations. intj's too often just expect the way their mind works to be obvious to others.

    Ni doms also complain about difficulties of bringing their thoughts out. i have none of that, if i wouldnt mention my occasional flaw of thinking i wrote something i didnt, and it just leaves others all confused! =D

    and another (unhealthy) enfj trait ive observed from my old posts is, that im very emotioanlly expressive, but its all very shallow, cause im doing it all out of being in the role of the person i thought i was.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  6. #116
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    UHH.. only all my time. i pretend im doing it for "learning", but ive recognized, i dont really focus on internalizing what i "learn". i just make quick hasty assumptions, and then im happily browsing the next thread. because.. theres too much to learn. =|
    sx so's are known for being pseudo rationals when unhealthy, so it definately has to have a part in this.
    (i played games too much majority of my childhood, i was so disappointed in other people because i thought i was the only person with feelings, and that they are unbearably stupid.)

    and one ridiculous Je dom trait ive observed to potentially exist in me: when i know it, its common knowledge. (like estj's expecting social rules and norms to be obvious.. <.<)

    im not sure what Se is, but my idea is that its my sensuality. but now that i think, i think i can be very sensual. but if i dont bother to find it fascinating (using Ti?, then its just bland and lacks depth.)

    ive compared myself to infj's, and all types ive met, but it seems like i dont really relate to any of them. infj is the most similar at least. and then the infj's might say how they relate to me, but when i investigate their posts, i realize they are completely different. like Ni doms, i dont get any magical imagages in my mind with hidden meanings. i do have an annoyingly acute empathy thats beyound my control, but thats it.

    and when i made threads for infj's, even though i instructed them to give me their theories on those experiences of theirs, they would still just blabber it all out (and in too short) without explanations. intj's too often just expect the way their mind works to be obvious to others.

    Ni doms also complain about difficulties of bringing their thoughts out. i have none of that, if i wouldnt mention my occasional flaw of thinking i wrote something i didnt, and it just leaves others all confused! =D

    and another (unhealthy) enfj trait ive observed from my old posts is, that im very emotioanlly expressive, but its all very shallow, cause im doing it all out of being in the role of the person i thought i was.
    You could very well be a cognitive extrovert then, who has not been properly socialized. It's just a theory, but a lot of people have said that they were very introverted in high school and now act much more like an extrovert; I think proper socialization or lack of it is a rather different thing from extroversion and introversion. I've wondered this about myself. The things you describe do sound more like an Fe dom; you go with your feelings about things first, in how they connect to the collective feeling; then you process information through your intuition. Se gives you grounding and raw data, and Ti organizes things (though rather more unconsciously) and gives a reality check sometimes.

    If this is true, I think you could use your Fe and Ni in social situations to observe common behavior and learn what is customary and how to blend in; then see how natural it feels and how much you enjoy being around other people.

    @Mole, sorry if it looks like I'm being mean to you. I was just trying to reason with you. As it failed, I'm giving up.

  7. #117
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    You could very well be a cognitive extrovert then, who has not been properly socialized. It's just a theory, but a lot of people have said that they were very introverted in high school and now act much more like an extrovert; I think proper socialization or lack of it is a rather different thing from extroversion and introversion. I've wondered this about myself. The things you describe do sound more like an Fe dom; you go with your feelings about things first, in how they connect to the collective feeling; then you process information through your intuition. Se gives you grounding and raw data, and Ti organizes things (though rather more unconsciously) and gives a reality check sometimes.

    If this is true, I think you could use your Fe and Ni in social situations to observe common behavior and learn what is customary and how to blend in; then see how natural it feels and how much you enjoy being around other people.


    @Mole, sorry if it looks like I'm being mean to you. I was just trying to reason with you. As it failed, I'm giving up.
    actually i do that intuitively. but if i dont know the person well enough, i have to act blindly, and then other reject me for being too crazy. -.-
    every person has a different idea of how they like me to be, so my universal mode is just to be charming and open. and a bit silly.

    i suppose, the hardest part is connecting personally to them, instead of just being charming and pleasant. cause to connect personally, i must understand the other, and its a HUUUGE process for my Ti.. =|
    im trying to learn methods to find it worthwhile and fun to use my Ti.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  8. #118
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    @Mole, I was just trying to reason with you. As it failed, I'm giving up.
    I guess you have reason to give up.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Glados's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Enneagram
    8 sx/sp
    Posts
    422

    Default

    INFJ 5w4: "Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war."
    Mercifulness is not a trait that the weak can possess. The world is full of idiots who like to think that they are merciful in order to forget that they actually are weak.

  10. #120
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Unhealthy intp
    Strong Fi, seem like infp

Similar Threads

  1. The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types
    By LunarMoon in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1092
    Last Post: 12-07-2017, 07:04 PM
  2. The Superpower of Each MBTI Type
    By CarolineForbes in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-27-2015, 09:12 AM
  3. The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?
    By Salomé in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 09:19 AM
  4. The "Other Side" of MBTI® Type - Enrichment or sabotage (cpp web seminar)
    By INTP in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 01:14 AM
  5. Best Descriptions on the Web of Your MBTI Type
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO