User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 120

  1. #101
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    I've learned to appreciate Victor's (@Mole) weird sense of humor that often includes being provocative for the sake of being provocative, if that's what it is
    4w5 sp/sx EII

  2. #102
    Senior Member Vilku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I agree we control our own emotional responses; but as you say in the last bit, it is worth addressing if someone treats you badly. And you did admit that the comments you listed were insults; they just didn't have an emotional impact on you. If someone were to ask the deliverers of those comments if they insulted you, they would likely say yes. It is a completely ineffective way to solve problems, which is why I don't do it as a rule. But I also don't do it because it's just mean.

    I want to reiterate that this is not in any way directed at your interaction on this thread; it is only addressing the topic.

    I think you mean "nonsensical."

    Not necessarily. A lot of research into intelligence has been done, and most agree that IQ is not a comprehensive measurement. My IQ is at least above average, possibly in the top 2%, and I don't think IQ's are all they are cracked up to be.

    While it must obviously be said that being "unhealthy" is far from having an actual disorder, I think your categories are pretty accurate in describing the directions in which types tend to go.

    @Vilku: I approve of the thread topic, and believe that constructive criticism is usually useful. Typology is useful in helping people grow toward their most functional selves.

    However, I think you have been letting some of your personal biases color your assessments. Also I believe that you are in fact ENFJ and not INFJ. You respond to people in the same way as the one I knew. (Given what I said about her that may sound terrible, but I'm not saying you are like her in any of those ways- just that you become defensive when criticized and seem to exhibit inferior Ti.)
    Edit: Not of course that it matters. I would be a huge hypocrite if I were to make a big deal over someone possibly being mistyped.

    @Mole /@Victor, whoever you are: I mean this as constructive criticism and not an insult: it has been pointed out to you over and over that your responses to people are often out of proportion to what is typically functional and usual with regard to comments which have a critical tone. While it may be the case in some cases that people are insulting you, it might benefit you to engage in some introspection and ascertain whether there is a grain of truth in what they say, and suppress your emotional response. While I will not go so far as to call you "unhealthy" because I don't know you and your circumstances, it is typical of IXFP's in the grip of inferior Te to perceive criticism and negative judgment where it is not.
    ahah! i mean, thats flattering, i wish i was an E. but if you were to observe me, then you would quickly realize im as passive as hell, even htough i want to socialize, i dont know how to. like recently, i talked with my entp friend, and i kind of complained how i miss this person, and then he suggested that i meet with him, and i was like "OH." (i can meet people? i didnt know!) xD.. also my sx so energy combined to 4w3 melodrama might give that impression youve got.

    but ill try to ponder this subject more, its just that every data seems to point out to infj.
    ahhahaah..! my 4w3'ness, its kind of annoying, because when people suggest me that i was another type than who i am, then i start thinking about how cool it would be if i was, and then i really badly want to be.. but of course, these wants dont affect the reality.. -.-

    hmm, and im not sure what is meant by the socionics conflict relationship, but i totally conflict with istj's and find it the most potentially dangerous dynamic to myself.

    im also often so stuck in my head, that i dont connect to other people at all.

    but i mean, this would still be super fascinating if im an enfj, because then i when i understand myself correctly.
    i would love to think of all this data, but i find its too frustrating to focus. >.<

    AGHF, i just wish i had an ntp friend to discuss these with.. -.-
    im not stupid, i just find thinking _rationally_ very frustrating.

    i guess the fact that ive never met more than one intp and one enfj, of which, i hadnt conversed much at all, only to conclude their types, so its very hard for me to compare myself to a type i dont even understand.

    if im an enfj, then my sx so'ness(unhealthy of that) would explain why im so antisocial. my entp sx so unhealthy friend too finds, that hes sp reserves are so low that he must neglect activities he should do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.
    when i red this, i was like: "how is this possible? i thought i clicked the page ten, not one." and then i checked the time stamp, and you indeed had just repeated saying the same thing again! =S

    and mole, your behaviour is very isfp, i recommend you to consider about the type.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

    INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

    mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

  3. #103
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    ahah! i mean, thats flattering, i wish i was an E. but if you were to observe me, then you would quickly realize im as passive as hell, even htough i want to socialize, i dont know how to. like recently, i talked with my entp friend, and i kind of complained how i miss this person, and then he suggested that i meet with him, and i was like "OH." (i can meet people? i didnt know!) xD.. also my sx so energy combined to 4w3 melodrama might give that impression youve got.

    but ill try to ponder this subject more, its just that every data seems to point out to infj.
    ahhahaah..! my 4w3'ness, its kind of annoying, because when people suggest me that i was another type than who i am, then i start thinking about how cool it would be if i was, and then i really badly want to be.. but of course, these wants dont affect the reality.. -.-

    hmm, and im not sure what is meant by the socionics conflict relationship, but i totally conflict with istj's and find it the most potentially dangerous dynamic to myself.

    im also often so stuck in my head, that i dont connect to other people at all.

    but i mean, this would still be super fascinating if im an enfj, because then i when i understand myself correctly.
    i would love to think of all this data, but i find its too frustrating to focus. >.<

    AGHF, i just wish i had an ntp friend to discuss these with.. -.-
    im not stupid, i just find thinking _rationally_ very frustrating.

    i guess the fact that ive never met more than one intp and one enfj, of which, i hadnt conversed much at all, only to conclude their types, so its very hard for me to compare myself to a type i dont even understand.

    if im an enfj, then my sx so'ness(unhealthy of that) would explain why im so antisocial. my entp sx so unhealthy friend too finds, that hes sp reserves are so low that he must neglect activities he should do.
    Hm...I don't know. Do you spend a lot of time socializing in alternative ways, like online or playing role playing games? I haven't met too many INFJ's or ENFJ's either; but your posting style strikes me as a bit different than other INFJ's on here. Just a thought. You could just be unique. But the fact that thinking in Ti sorts of ways is frustrating for you points more toward it being inferior than tertiary. Do you relate to inferior Se?

  4. #104
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    ISFP's can be very impulsive and self destructive. They are prone to substance use and abuse, and dysfunctional relationships. They express their inner turmoil and rebellion more physically than INFP's.

  5. #105
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I agree we control our own emotional responses; but as you say in the last bit, it is worth addressing if someone treats you badly. And you did admit that the comments you listed were insults; they just didn't have an emotional impact on you. If someone were to ask the deliverers of those comments if they insulted you, they would likely say yes. It is a completely ineffective way to solve problems, which is why I don't do it as a rule. But I also don't do it because it's just mean.
    They are insults as much as a hard, misshapen lump of cooked baking ingredients on a plate is a cake. I would not dignify either with the customary name if it does not produce the intended effect. The wannabee "baker" can call it whatever he likes, but that does not change its reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I've learned to appreciate Victor's (@Mole) weird sense of humor that often includes being provocative for the sake of being provocative, if that's what it is
    I have little patience with his refusal (or inability?) to engage directly with topics and questions. Provocation without substantive content is just hot air.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  6. #106
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    They are insults as much as a hard, misshapen lump of cooked baking ingredients on a plate is a cake. I would not dignify either with the customary name if it does not produce the intended effect. The wannabee "baker" can call it whatever he likes, but that does not change its reality.
    That's a pretty funny image.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I have little patience with his refusal (or inability?) to engage directly with topics and questions. Provocation without substantive content is just hot air.
    ^Agreed.

  7. #107
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    If you're not interested in learning about your type, that's unfortunate for you.
    I have the same interest in learning about my type as I have learning about my star sign.

  8. #108
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Are you talking about me insulting you or others? And people don't get banned after a few insults. They get infractions IF the mods deem their behaviour against the rules.
    We have a whole list of rules but if I condense them down to one, I would say that personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

    This is a sensible rule for one insult leads to another and before long we have a flame which is anti-social.

    So we might say we practise free speech, but polite free speech.

  9. #109
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    when i red this, i was like: "how is this possible? i thought i clicked the page ten, not one." and then i checked the time stamp, and you indeed had just repeated saying the same thing again!
    The problem is that when we are personally insulted our first impulse is to give as good as we get. Unfortunately this natural impulse leads to a flame which is anti-social.

    And so we have a rule to inhibit our first impulse, and that rule is personal insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

    And indeed the sign of emotional intelligence is learning to inhibit our first impulse.

  10. #110
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Unfortunately this natural impulse leads to a flame which is anti-social.

    And so we have a rule to inhibit our first impulse
    Your impulse to accuse people of insulting you and then say over and over that violation of the rules may lead to banning causes an anti-social flame as you put it. In any case it is distracting to people who want to read about the thread topic. Perhaps you should inhibit your impulse.

Similar Threads

  1. The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types
    By LunarMoon in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1092
    Last Post: 12-07-2017, 07:04 PM
  2. The Superpower of Each MBTI Type
    By CarolineForbes in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-27-2015, 09:12 AM
  3. The flip side of Sensotardation - Are you an HSP?
    By Salomé in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 09:19 AM
  4. The "Other Side" of MBTI® Type - Enrichment or sabotage (cpp web seminar)
    By INTP in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 01:14 AM
  5. Best Descriptions on the Web of Your MBTI Type
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO