User Tag List

123 Last

Stansmith

Default Am I even an ENFP?

I'm a huge prude. Whenever I walk into a new classroom, I have practically no interest in chatting with anyone unless I find them physically attractive. I've never been a "leader", a "bro" or "the life of the party" either, I've always been an independent behind the scenes person. I could never relate to this description of ENFPs as these "bright" social butterflies who engage everybody, I'm only like that sometimes, in which case I only engage people I find interesting. I'm not an active engager or initiator when in big groups, I'm mainly observant and behind the scenes (like most introverts, but it could be E6-cautiousness) when thing's are boring, and then loosen up once the fun's begun. I have very few deep relationships (wish I had more) and have maybe have 2 people that text me consistently. In highschool absolutely noone would see me as an extrovert except for a few people. I had a few friends that I drove absolutely crazy and would NOT leave alone, but to everyone else I was the ultimate introvert (I was very socially anxious at the time).

The one thing that I feel makes me an ENFP is that I have the mind of a hedonist; I make crude jokes, I like random hook ups, I like violent popcorn movies, everything I think about and enjoy is surface-value stuff and how they relate to one another. I barely think about morality or feely stuff and I'm pretty uncomfortable dwelling deep into my emotions and kind of find the topic cringe-worthy most of the time. Also, when around any introverts or someone I really like, I'm an absolute nut who dominates conversation. I can even dominate conversation when talking to my ESTP friend and make him laugh every 2 seconds, but a random ESTP I barely know? Hell no.

I tend to withdraw alot (I go straight home after school ends most of the time) and can maybe handle 2 hours of boring socializing tops. If I'm having lots of fun though, I'll hang around all day.

I'm either really gentle, sad-looking and soft-spoken, or really brash, boy-ish and slightly bubbly (more domineering and virile around people I'm comfortable with). I'm confusing as sh-t. I also have an easier time connection with girls and intuitive/feeler/light-hearted guys than serious earthy macho dudes.

So what do you think I'm an ENFP, or a sociable INFP?

Riva

Sure you are so/sx? Some other iv would explain things. Anyway i'm selecting infp over enfp.

The first hit I got from you I thought you were an ISTP. Why do you think you are an ENFP?

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The one thing that I feel makes me an ENFP is that I have the mind of a hedonist; I make crude jokes, I like random hook ups, I like violent popcorn movies, everything I think about and enjoy is surface-value stuff.

What?

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Sure you are so/sx? Some other iv would explain things. Anyway i'm selecting infp over enfp.
    I have slightly hypomanic moods where I act like a psuedo-sxdom but the pervasive pattern in my behavior is more so/sx.

Also, if it helps on average I'd say I'm more extroverted than these types:

All introverts
    ESTJ
    Some ENFJs

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    The first hit I got from you I thought you were an ISTP. Why do you think you are an ENFP?

What?
    Nah, ISTPs find me annoying

Ne is about making connections between things in your external environment, which is what I do. Ne really isn't as "deep" of a function as people paint it to be.

Riva

^ estjs and enfjs are extremely extroverted in my opinion. So in that case you probably are an extrovert.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ^ estjs and enfjs are extremely extroverted in my opinion. So in that case you probably are an extrovert.
    I might be confusing the ISTJs for ESTJs then. I'll probably have to scratch ENFJ actually since the ENFJ I know may have a calmer non-overbearing presence, but he's practically always socializing. My extroverted moods are more extreme, but much shorter than his.

Nah, ISTPs find me annoying

Ne is about making connections between things in your external environment, which is what I do. Ne really isn't as "deep" of a function as people paint it to be.
    Yah but...but...ENFPs... Well, so this is what I've been told and...so who knows how credible this information is (basically don't 'quote me on it' if you know what I'm saying)...But apparently ENFPs use other cognitive functions as well...not just Ne for making non-deep connections in the external environment. Who knew right? Oh...and it gets even weirder. I guess there are other MBTI types that use Ne as well. Typology. It's a real mind-fuck.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I make crude jokes, I like random hook ups, I like violent popcorn movies, everything I think about and enjoy is surface-value stuff and how they relate to one another. I barely think about morality or feely stuff and I'm pretty uncomfortable dwelling deep into my emotions and kind of find the topic cringe-worthy most of the time.
    This doesn't sound NFP at all. I would have pegged you as ISTP like @Starry said. How is this "surface-value stuff" relating to Ne when all you're doing is engaging in it? From what you've said it sounds like you didn't have any possibilities in mind when you did it. How Ne works for me is like I see something and then BOOM a huge explosion of ideas pop up in my mind. I think someone once described Ne like a supernova in that sense. If you're looking for how things are related to each other physically then I wouldn't necessarily say you were NeFi. Where's the interpretation? Where's the hidden meaning? I couldn't imagine living my life like you described above without looking for some greater idea to pull from it. Except the crude jokes, since I can make those at times too. Even with random hook ups, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some ideas in mind of my relationship with that person going places. That's what the hook up is for in the first place - exploring my options.

But what really makes me go ???????? about your self-typing as ENFP is how uncomfortable you are with your emotions. NFPs are usually acutely emotionally aware of themselves. Even if we don't express it, we always know what's going down on the inside and we're not afraid to dive deep into our emotions. You do not seem like an ENFP, my friend.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    This doesn't sound NFP at all. I would have pegged you as ISTP like @Starry said. How is this "surface-value stuff" relating to Ne when all you're doing is engaging in it? From what you've said it sounds like you didn't have any possibilities in mind when you did it. How Ne works for me is like I see something and then BOOM a huge explosion of ideas pop up in my mind. I think someone once described Ne like a supernova in that sense. If you're looking for how things are related to each other physically then I wouldn't necessarily say you were NeFi. Where's the interpretation? Where's the hidden meaning? I couldn't imagine living my life like you described above without looking for some greater idea to pull from it. Except the crude jokes, since I can make those at times too. Even with random hook ups, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some ideas in mind of my relationship with that person going places. That's what the hook up is for in the first place - exploring my options.

But what really makes me go ???????? about your self-typing as ENFP is how uncomfortable you are with your emotions. NFPs are usually acutely emotionally aware of themselves. Even if we don't express it, we always know what's going down on the inside and we're not afraid to dive deep into our emotions. You do not seem like an ENFP, my friend.

That's exactly how I work. I was trying to convey that I'm more interested in ideas and the many quirks of the world/humanity than feelings or values. I honestly feel like im either very out of touch with my Fi, or have very unhealthy Fi. This description of an unhealthy ENFP sounds like me honestly:

Stage Ten: Complete personality turnaround, the ENFP will have lost it, or will have appeared to. Complete emotional instability and recklessness. They will be completely and utterly impulsive to the point of stupidity. They will not care about their well being or anybody else's. At this pion, the ENFP will be so far in their heads it will be nearly impossible to get through to them unless you sink to his or her own level of insanity and instability. They will have given up on life altogether, and will most likely have forgotten what it was like to really feel alive and well again.
    I've probably been stage 5-10 ever since I was 13.