• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I even an ENFP?

Starry

If this is true, I am even more down for emigrating to Ireland than I already was. NZ might be a little too far but it looks beautiful.

[off topic post]
I actually lived in England for a time... but travelled to Ireland quite frequently. And I would actually type Ireland as 100% INFP. But I got so excited seeing you say this because...while Ireland may be INFP...it is also like an e6 Mecca! You would love it skylights!

you need to go and at least visit asap.

[edit: Or not, who knows. All I can say is if you ever hear anyone speaking poorly of Ireland - don't believe them haha. Ireland can be a little rough and tumble (e6cp)...but you will never find more solid, honest, upstanding people...and the landscape is breathtaking. I do hope you go someday]

S

Stansmith

Looking at your cognitive function results (from your other post)...ENFP seems obvious. In fact, your scores are more 'pure in ENFP nature'...than most of the function scores I've seen from ENFP members on this site. Yet you have your doubts? If you feel ENFP is accurate - then I would just let it go and not let it bother you - the differences between you and the descriptions and other ENFPs, etc. You indicate above, however, that you exclusively test as xNFP. Does this mean you occasionally test as INFP?

Where I'm a bit baffled is...when I look at your function scores...I would actually expect you to be more true-to-type than less so. Going off the scores I would also expect you to be an e7w8. 100% Ne basically = 100% e7. Moreover, with that large of a gap-in-use between your dominant (Ne at 100%) and your auxiliary (Fi & Te at 65%)...I would expect you to be pretty damn extroverted...and I would never, ever expect you to sometimes test as INFP.

I'm just amazed. What test is this? Will you link me to it?

I actually thought I was an INFP first since I'm not a party animal or with friends 24/7. I experience Ne as something less people-oriented and more world and idea-oriented if that makes sense.

To be honest, I've been so influenced by depression, anxiety and insecurity since the 8th grade that I'm not even totally sure what my true colors are. Who knows, maybe when I'm 20 and have some of my issues sorted out I'll be a more blatant social extrovert. Either way, Ne is something I really identify with as my dominant function.

Here's the test:

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

S

Stansmith

I visited Knoxville with the school Academic team I helped establish.

Imagine a city where dogs and other pets are allowed in virtually any store…
Imagine a city where every restaurant has a porch you can eat with your dogs on…
Imagine a city where there are artists and musicians everywhere and Architecture Firms are on every street corner…
Imagine a city designed by artists…
Imagine a city where every year, there is a massive festival held in honor of new ideas and innovation…
Imagine a city that always has amazing food…
Imagine a city where race doesn't matter…
Imagine a city like Knoxville…

I pictured Knoxville being more traditionally southern conservative town, interesting.

Starry

I actually thought I was an INFP first since I'm not a party animal or with friends 24/7. I experience Ne as something less people-oriented and more world and idea-oriented if that makes sense.

To be honest, I've been so influenced by depression, anxiety and insecurity since the 8th grade that I'm not even totally sure what my true colors are. Who knows, maybe when I'm 20 and have some of my issues sorted out I'll be a more blatant social extrovert. Either way, Ne is something I really identify with as my dominant function.

Here's the test:

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

Hey... I definitely understand the thinking as to why you believed you were INFP as opposed to ENFP. It makes a lot of sense but no, with Ne significantly ahead of Fi....you're ENFP. I'm going to look at the test (thanks for the link)...when I get home hopefully... And knowing where my scores generally fall...probably take it as a comparison. But now knowing you are still relatively young it makes sense that Ne is still far out in the lead. And yes, I personally understand the impact of depression and anxiety on these things as well. Over the next few years as you age...and hopefully as the depression dissipates as you get out on your own and become more autonomous... Fi use should increase, etc.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey... I definitely understand the thinking as to why you believed you were INFP as opposed to ENFP. It makes a lot of sense but no, with Ne significantly ahead of Fi....you're ENFP. I'm going to look at the test (thanks for the link)...when I get home hopefully... And knowing where my scores generally fall...probably take it as a comparison. But now knowing you are still relatively young it makes sense that Ne is still far out in the lead. And yes, I personally understand the impact of depression and anxiety on these things as well. Over the next few years as you age...and hopefully as the depression dissipates as you get out on your own and become more autonomous... Fi use should increase, etc.
That makes me wonder how I would go about increasing Fi?

Starry

Stansmith - so I've never taken this test before... and was confused by the occasional completely bizarre question like 23) I love indie rock. wft? (which honestly the oddness of it may have been the entire point...just to throw the test taker off in an effort to keep them mindful and thus authentic in their selections.) Still, my results were accurate to what I generally receive so... I assume your results were accurate as well. What MBTI did they give you though? Did they give you a result as ENFP? Here are my scores...

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (90%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (40%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Si (Introverted Sensing) (35%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (20%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (10%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Here is my result...

Anyway, I have all these impressions in my mind of you that I can't yet piece together and put words to... But I love it when someone comes along that turns my understanding upside-down. You are an exceptional ENFP. <--You've been given a gift really. You've been given something you can shape into something wonderful.

Starry

That makes me wonder how I would go about increasing Fi?

whoops...not to forget you Mr. Q

Perhaps you are right. There's a part of me that thinks so/sp is currently (temporarily) working against you...and perhaps tuning into Fi or however one would phrase that would be beneficial for you. Do you test a little lower in Fi usage...sorta like Stansmith? <--You both are still so young...and likewise ENFPs never grow-up...so you guys have a shit-ton of time to worry about these things :)

edit: It occurred to me I should quickly clarify what I mean when I say 'shit-ton of time to worry about these things.' <--Sitting around thinking about these kinds of things = awesome. But both of you are in positions right now where you need to develop these things by doing... By taking action...

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love the attachment painting someone posted. It had so much nature. It also had the sky meeting a breeze and forests and it seemed lacking in clarity whilst being perfectly clear at the same time. Maybe like a crystal ball going in and out of focus.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stansmith - so I've never taken this test before... and was confused by the occasional completely bizarre question like 23) I love indie rock. wft? (which honestly the oddness of it may have been the entire point...just to throw the test taker off in an effort to keep them mindful and thus authentic in their selections.) Still, my results were accurate to what I generally receive so... I assume your results were accurate as well. What MBTI did they give you though? Did they give you a result as ENFP? Here are my scores...

Here is my result...

Anyway, I have all these impressions in my mind of you that I can't yet piece together and put words to... But I love it when someone comes along that turns my understanding upside-down. You are an exceptional ENFP. <--You've been given a gift really. You've been given something you can shape into something wonderful.

that's an interesting starry fact. i didn't know you scored high on ni fe too. i'm going to start buying us matching shirts.

S

Stansmith

Here is my result...

I don't remember what type they gave me. It's interesting that your Ti-score's much higher than your Te.

And gee, thanks :D

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (95%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (95%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (45%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (75%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (95%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - infj

This is a very unusual test…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am at least sure I'm xNxP…

When I first started looking at MBTI, I thought I was INFP, since I was sensitive and a bit of a loner and interested in abstract things and disorganized…

After a bit of deep research and soul searching, I decided I was ENxP. I had a slight pull to feeling though.

I eventually took a test and found that I actually do have a preference for feeling, it's just not nearly as strong as my other three preferences…

I finally decided on ENFP and felt pretty comfortable with it…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
whoops...not to forget you Mr. Q

Perhaps you are right. There's a part of me that thinks so/sp is currently (temporarily) working against you...and perhaps tuning into Fi or however one would phrase that would be beneficial for you. Do you test a little lower in Fi usage...sorta like Stansmith? <--You both are still so young...and likewise ENFPs never grow-up...so you guys have a shit-ton of time to worry about these things :)

edit: It occurred to me I should quickly clarify what I mean when I say 'shit-ton of time to worry about these things.' <--Sitting around thinking about these kinds of things = awesome. But both of you are in positions right now where you need to develop these things by doing... By taking action...

As you can see from my earlier posts, the test does not seem very accurate…

Part of me wonders about me just being an unusually cautious So/Sx…

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that test was weird...i didn't get enfp either
and i never score that high on ti or si
or fi even...i mean 100%??

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (30%)

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (50%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (15%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (60%)

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (100%)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - infp

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yeah…
I don't think I would ever mistake myself for a J…

Starry

that's an interesting starry fact. i didn't know you scored high on ni fe too. i'm going to start buying us matching shirts.

Here we are, two ENFP e7 babies...

my-beautiful-twin-girls-21256876.jpg

**And now several years later we reunite on a Typology forum. You having developed high Ni & Fe usage through the perfect parenting techniques and loving nurturing of a devoted ENFP mother & INFJ father. And I/me having developed high Ni & Fe usage through a desperate attempt to understand the completely insane er 'distinctive' and *slightly temperamental* ENFJ & INTJ couple that abducted me! Isn't life grand...?!! So serendipitous...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This test has to be rigged. I took it ages ago before this thread and I got 100% on Fi and 95% on Ne as well (and it gave me INFP of course). Or we're secretly the same person and the forum has no idea. :ninja:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here we are, two ENFP e7 babies...

my-beautiful-twin-girls-21256876.jpg

**And now several years later we reunite on a Typology forum. You having developed high Ni & Fe usage through the perfect parenting techniques and loving nurturing of a devoted ENFP mother & INFJ father. And I/me having developed high Ni & Fe usage through a desperate attempt to understand the completely insane er 'distinctive' and *slightly temperamental* ENFJ & INTJ couple that abducted me! Isn't life grand...?!! So serendipitous...

omg do you actually know my parents were infj/enfp?!!?? or was that a guess?? my dad was the enfp tho

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
omg do you actually know my parents were infj/enfp?!!?? or was that a guess?? my dad was the enfp tho

My father was ENFP, but he died…