• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I even an ENFP?

S

Stansmith

I think it's our N that gives us our twisted sense of humor some times. We like that kind of stuff because it's satirical and witty. I'm making this all up based on my own thoughts and experiences, of course, but I feel ya dude. Normal happy stuff is too obvious for me a lot of times. Did you see Tyler the Creator's face and body language though? He couldn't contain his grin and his body was all over the place. He was loving that so much!

Lol, I changed the video, but yeah dude's a nut.

S

Stansmith

I'll wait and see what happens when someone treads on one of your values. That's how you find your ENFP.

Honestly, I'm 18 and have no idea what I actually value, or at least the things I value arent strong enough for me to be militant or vocal about it. One minute I think I hate something, and the next minute I'll contradict it.

One thing I'd say I really value is my authenticity, I can't help but feel distraught by the idea that I have to change who I am for the sake of others (my sense of humor, sense of individuality, the way I talk, etc.), whereas Ti-Fe users probably wouldn't have the same hang ups.

I also remember getting really openly pissed off (in a humorous, yet serious way) when my friends were watching a worldstarhiphop video at lunch showing some kid getting robbed of his sneakers by a bigger dude, whereas everyone else was just being "entertained" by it. I really can't bear watching most of those videos without catching feels.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
When I'm shopping, I choose an outfit based on what I feel looks good on me. I'd say I have a very developed personal style independent of teeny trends.

If he was in serious fatal danger and I was his only hope, I'd probably have to do it or else the guilt would gnaw at me forever.

I write screenplays because I love the idea of bringing all these different images, and character-archetypes I find appealing together into one coherent, entertaining script. Overall, the thing that lured me in is that I've always loved the aesthetic atmosphere and beauty of film and would love to recreate something like that myself.

In that image I see chaos and destruction. It's like the apocalypse.

I'm no expert, seriously. But I'd say you have somewhat of an Ni preference. Not sure where in the archetypical order however, but I lean Se-Ni.

Now I don't know much about Ni, it's the function that I least understand. But the way you described the photo seems very similar to what Ni does - boiling it down to one single concept, Se+Ni working together. I love abstract art, I love looking at those images and imagining what they could be. I probably would have said the same thing - but my answer wouldn't have been so final - I also probably would have said it looks like yellow waves crashing upon bricks, bats are flying in the sky on the top right corner, or the yellow paint could have been sand while the red could have been a sea of lava, with a river inlet flowing into that red sea from west to east, etc. etc. all because I'm Ne-Si. Ne uses Si as a bouncing plank for possibilities based on impressions, which generate patterns. Instead, what seems to be going on with you is Se looking at the photo, taking everything in, in a very literal sense - and then Ni discerns it and suddenly gets a snap-perception of what the photo is, "the apocalypse". The fact that your answer wasn't as abstract makes me think you have Se ahead of Ni. Also when you mention writing screenplays, it's also pretty Se-Ni to me too - although what you wrote could be the purpose of an Ne/Si user as well. Elaborate further on that maybe? When you say you want to "bring all these different images, and character-archetypes I find appealing together into one coherent, entertaining script" what would you be influenced by?

I also think you have an Fe preference. The fact that you would feel guilty over someone possibly dying, even though you'd have a very indirect connection to his death says a lot. I think your Fe is lower in your archetypical order, tertiary or inferior, preferably the former.

Others have mentioned ISTP here, and that certainly is possible - but I don't get a Ti-dominant vibe from looking at your posts. I'd go with ESTP, right now. Because I see your Se-dominance being supported by Ti, which is making you seem analytical - but it doesn't seem the other way around, Se influencing Ti, and boiled down by tertiary Ni. I see hints of Ni in your posts but I don't think it attempts to keep a Ti-dominance in line, which makes me think it may be in an inferior position. I may be wrong, since I don't understand how inferior Ni works (let alone Ni itself) so I would ask someone else. But my opinion, at the least, is xSTP. I don't know how you came at the conclusion of xNFP.

But I suspect I'm still a noob at this typology thing, so who knows. I'd maybe consider ENFJ, but I don't see much Fe-dominance in you, at all.

S

Stansmith

^I feel like you're nitpicking a shitload, no offense. I always score low on Se, Ni, Fe, Ti; you can see the results from a cognitive function test a few pages back. INFP and ENFP are my only feasible types.

S

Stansmith

As for my screenplays, my main influences are personal twists on what I've seen in the past. If I've just watched a sh-tload of French new wave films, I'll probably throw in stylistic elements I liked from this movies into my script, or feel sudden inspiration to write a whole brand new script completely separate from what I'm already working on.

I'm not the type who can just come up with an entirely new genre in his head, I pretty much need to draw from things ive seen before and make something cohesive out of it. If ive never seen something similar before whether in a video game, a music video, a film, a serial drama, day-to-day life, google images, tumblr, etc., it'll probably never cross my mind. My mind is a library of past information; I work with what I've seen in the past (subconsciously), and f-ck around with it to tailor my taste until it becomes something unique.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
^I feel like you're nitpicking a shitload, no offense.

Wasn't trying to come off as critical, but I'd agree that I tend to nitpick a bit. :eek:

As for my screenplays, my main influences are personal twists on what I've seen in the past. If I've just watched a sh-tload of French new wave films, I'll probably throw in stylistic elements I liked from this movies into my script, or feel sudden inspiration to write a whole brand new script completely separate from what I'm already working on.

I'm not the type who can just come up with an entirely new genre in his head, I pretty much need to draw from things ive seen before and make something cohesive out of it. If ive never seen something similar before whether in a video game, a music video, a film, a serial drama, day-to-day life, google images, tumblr, etc., it'll probably never cross my mind. My mind is a library of past information; I work with what I've seen in the past (subconsciously), and f-ck around with it to tailor my taste until it becomes something unique.

Yes, this is pretty Ne/Si, at least to me, especially towards the end. Not sure if coming up with things based on previous versions is more Ne-Si or Si-Ne, but I can relate to that, so I guess that is plausible for your xNFP case.

But the tests usually don't say much, even if you consistently get low scores on Se, Fe, etc. I test INTP all the time and get really high Ti scores.

S

Stansmith

Wasn't trying to come off as critical, but I'd agree that I tend to nitpick a bit. :eek:

Yes, this is pretty Ne/Si, at least to me, especially towards the end. Not sure if coming up with things based on previous versions is more Ne-Si or Si-Ne, but I can relate to that, so I guess that is plausible for your xNFP case.

But the tests usually don't say much, even if you consistently get low scores on Se, Fe, etc. I test INTP all the time and get really high Ti scores.

You're INFP?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I am just like that with my sci-fi/fantasy novels…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP sounds plausible to me, although you'd be an unusual one. Have you considered ENTP? ExxP is apparent, but you don't seem too much like an Se dom...do you relate at all to this article on inferior Ni?

Under stress, I interperet things as more sinister than they really are…
I relate to inferior Si, too, but inferior Ni sounds familiar, too…

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
You're sig says INTP lol

MBTI INTP as in I consistently get that test result, and identify with the four letters from an MBTI perspective. Fi-Ne is my Jungian type, AKA INFP. I usually go by Jung - thus, I go by INFP.

S

Stansmith

MBTI INTP as in I consistently get that test result, and identify with the four letters from an MBTI perspective. Fi-Ne is my Jungian type, AKA INFP. I usually go by Jung - thus, I go by INFP.

That avy screams INTx

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That avy screams INTx
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]
I know what you are going through…

Have you tried study abroad? Different countries have different standards for behavior and what is considered normal psychology. In Ireland and New Zealand, for example, ENFP is in the majority, and thus…ENFP is what everyone strives to be…

Burma and Tailand are INFP nations…

Australia and Mexico are ESFP nations.

Lithuania is an ENTP nation.

America, UK, and Russia are ESTJ nations for males and ESFJ nations for females.

S

Stansmith

Have you tried study abroad? Different countries have different standards for behavior and what is considered normal psychology. In Ireland and New Zealand, for example, ENFP is in the majority, and thus…ENFP is what everyone strives to be…

America, UK, and Russia are ESTJ nations for males and ESFJ nations for females.

You can find all types of crowds in NYC, but I'm surrounded mainly by people from the Bronx who have more SP and SJ values. I think if I get into the local film or theater industry I'm bound to find alot of ENFPs. I'd probably move to LA if anything in the near future.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can find all types of crowds in NYC, but I'm surrounded mainly by people from the Bronx who have more SP and SJ values. I think if I get into the local film or theater industry I'm bound to find alot of ENFPs. I'd probably move to LA if anything in the near future.

I visited Knoxville with the school Academic team I helped establish.

Imagine a city where dogs and other pets are allowed in virtually any store…
Imagine a city where every restaurant has a porch you can eat with your dogs on…
Imagine a city where there are artists and musicians everywhere and Architecture Firms are on every street corner…
Imagine a city designed by artists…
Imagine a city where every year, there is a massive festival held in honor of new ideas and innovation…
Imagine a city that always has amazing food…
Imagine a city where race doesn't matter…
Imagine a city like Knoxville…

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Very interesting! I love the idea of living in a place that's more P-friendly! Wouldn't that be nice :)

Starry

I pretty much exclusively test as xNFP

Looking at your cognitive function results (from your other post)...ENFP seems obvious. In fact, your scores are more 'pure in ENFP nature'...than most of the function scores I've seen from ENFP members on this site. Yet you have your doubts? If you feel ENFP is accurate - then I would just let it go and not let it bother you - the differences between you and the descriptions and other ENFPs, etc. You indicate above, however, that you exclusively test as xNFP. Does this mean you occasionally test as INFP?

Where I'm a bit baffled is...when I look at your function scores...I would actually expect you to be more true-to-type than less so. Going off the scores I would also expect you to be an e7w8. 100% Ne basically = 100% e7. Moreover, with that large of a gap-in-use between your dominant (Ne at 100%) and your auxiliary (Fi & Te at 65%)...I would expect you to be pretty damn extroverted...and I would never, ever expect you to sometimes test as INFP.

I'm just amazed. What test is this? Will you link me to it?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In Ireland and New Zealand, for example, ENFP is in the majority, and thus…ENFP is what everyone strives to be…

If this is true, I am even more down for emigrating to Ireland than I already was. NZ might be a little too far but it looks beautiful.