User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    If this is true, I am even more down for emigrating to Ireland than I already was. NZ might be a little too far but it looks beautiful.
    [off topic post]
    I actually lived in England for a time... but travelled to Ireland quite frequently. And I would actually type Ireland as 100% INFP. But I got so excited seeing you say this because...while Ireland may be INFP...it is also like an e6 Mecca! You would love it skylights!

you need to go and at least visit asap.

[edit: Or not, who knows. All I can say is if you ever hear anyone speaking poorly of Ireland - don't believe them haha. Ireland can be a little rough and tumble (e6cp)...but you will never find more solid, honest, upstanding people...and the landscape is breathtaking. I do hope you go someday]

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Looking at your cognitive function results (from your other post)...ENFP seems obvious. In fact, your scores are more 'pure in ENFP nature'...than most of the function scores I've seen from ENFP members on this site. Yet you have your doubts? If you feel ENFP is accurate - then I would just let it go and not let it bother you - the differences between you and the descriptions and other ENFPs, etc. You indicate above, however, that you exclusively test as xNFP. Does this mean you occasionally test as INFP?

Where I'm a bit baffled is...when I look at your function scores...I would actually expect you to be more true-to-type than less so. Going off the scores I would also expect you to be an e7w8. 100% Ne basically = 100% e7. Moreover, with that large of a gap-in-use between your dominant (Ne at 100%) and your auxiliary (Fi & Te at 65%)...I would expect you to be pretty damn extroverted...and I would never, ever expect you to sometimes test as INFP.

I'm just amazed. What test is this? Will you link me to it?
    I actually thought I was an INFP first since I'm not a party animal or with friends 24/7. I experience Ne as something less people-oriented and more world and idea-oriented if that makes sense.

To be honest, I've been so influenced by depression, anxiety and insecurity since the 8th grade that I'm not even totally sure what my true colors are. Who knows, maybe when I'm 20 and have some of my issues sorted out I'll be a more blatant social extrovert. Either way, Ne is something I really identify with as my dominant function.

Here's the test:

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I visited Knoxville with the school Academic team I helped establish.

Imagine a city where dogs and other pets are allowed in virtually any store…
    Imagine a city where every restaurant has a porch you can eat with your dogs on…
    Imagine a city where there are artists and musicians everywhere and Architecture Firms are on every street corner…
    Imagine a city designed by artists…
    Imagine a city where every year, there is a massive festival held in honor of new ideas and innovation…
    Imagine a city that always has amazing food…
    Imagine a city where race doesn't matter…
    Imagine a city like Knoxville…
    I pictured Knoxville being more traditionally southern conservative town, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I actually thought I was an INFP first since I'm not a party animal or with friends 24/7. I experience Ne as something less people-oriented and more world and idea-oriented if that makes sense.

To be honest, I've been so influenced by depression, anxiety and insecurity since the 8th grade that I'm not even totally sure what my true colors are. Who knows, maybe when I'm 20 and have some of my issues sorted out I'll be a more blatant social extrovert. Either way, Ne is something I really identify with as my dominant function.

Here's the test:

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

Hey... I definitely understand the thinking as to why you believed you were INFP as opposed to ENFP. It makes a lot of sense but no, with Ne significantly ahead of Fi....you're ENFP. I'm going to look at the test (thanks for the link)...when I get home hopefully... And knowing where my scores generally fall...probably take it as a comparison. But now knowing you are still relatively young it makes sense that Ne is still far out in the lead. And yes, I personally understand the impact of depression and anxiety on these things as well. Over the next few years as you age...and hopefully as the depression dissipates as you get out on your own and become more autonomous... Fi use should increase, etc.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Hey... I definitely understand the thinking as to why you believed you were INFP as opposed to ENFP. It makes a lot of sense but no, with Ne significantly ahead of Fi....you're ENFP. I'm going to look at the test (thanks for the link)...when I get home hopefully... And knowing where my scores generally fall...probably take it as a comparison. But now knowing you are still relatively young it makes sense that Ne is still far out in the lead. And yes, I personally understand the impact of depression and anxiety on these things as well. Over the next few years as you age...and hopefully as the depression dissipates as you get out on your own and become more autonomous... Fi use should increase, etc.
    That makes me wonder how I would go about increasing Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post

Stansmith - so I've never taken this test before... and was confused by the occasional completely bizarre question like 23) I love indie rock. wft? (which honestly the oddness of it may have been the entire point...just to throw the test taker off in an effort to keep them mindful and thus authentic in their selections.) Still, my results were accurate to what I generally receive so... I assume your results were accurate as well. What MBTI did they give you though? Did they give you a result as ENFP? Here are my scores...

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (100%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (100%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (90%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (60%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Si (Introverted Sensing) (35%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (20%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (10%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Here is my result...

Anyway, I have all these impressions in my mind of you that I can't yet piece together and put words to... But I love it when someone comes along that turns my understanding upside-down. You are an exceptional ENFP. <--You've been given a gift really. You've been given something you can shape into something wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    That makes me wonder how I would go about increasing Fi?
    whoops...not to forget you Mr. Q

Perhaps you are right. There's a part of me that thinks so/sp is currently (temporarily) working against you...and perhaps tuning into Fi or however one would phrase that would be beneficial for you. Do you test a little lower in Fi usage...sorta like Stansmith? <--You both are still so young...and likewise ENFPs never grow-up...so you guys have a shit-ton of time to worry about these things

edit: It occurred to me I should quickly clarify what I mean when I say 'shit-ton of time to worry about these things.' <--Sitting around thinking about these kinds of things = awesome. But both of you are in positions right now where you need to develop these things by doing... By taking action...

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I love the attachment painting someone posted. It had so much nature. It also had the sky meeting a breeze and forests and it seemed lacking in clarity whilst being perfectly clear at the same time. Maybe like a crystal ball going in and out of focus.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Stansmith - so I've never taken this test before... and was confused by the occasional completely bizarre question like 23) I love indie rock. wft? (which honestly the oddness of it may have been the entire point...just to throw the test taker off in an effort to keep them mindful and thus authentic in their selections.) Still, my results were accurate to what I generally receive so... I assume your results were accurate as well. What MBTI did they give you though? Did they give you a result as ENFP? Here are my scores...

Here is my result...

Anyway, I have all these impressions in my mind of you that I can't yet piece together and put words to... But I love it when someone comes along that turns my understanding upside-down. You are an exceptional ENFP. <--You've been given a gift really. You've been given something you can shape into something wonderful.
    that's an interesting starry fact. i didn't know you scored high on ni fe too. i'm going to start buying us matching shirts.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Stansmith

Here is my result...

I don't remember what type they gave me. It's interesting that your Ti-score's much higher than your Te.

And gee, thanks