First 12345 Last

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

ISxP? Possibly. But ultimately you are what you identify yourself as since all the tests are self diagnostic.

I identify as ENFP strongly but you are not setting of my enfp-dar... could be wrong though, always possible.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I'll wait and see what happens when someone treads on one of your values. That's how you find your ENFP.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I'll wait and see what happens when someone treads on one of your values. That's how you find your ENFP.
    this is true actually i think yep
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

If you feel like you're stoned most of the time and occasionally on crack then you're probably an INFP.
    If you feel like you're on crack and acid then you're probably an ENFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    If you feel like you're on crack and acid then you're probably an ENFP.
    What if you don't just feel like you're on crack and acid...but you actually are on crack and acid...what then?

Stansmith, you (obviously) don't have to tell me your age... but if you are under the age of 20 or so... it just might still be too soon for you or anyone to get a good feel for what your type is...especially if you have experienced episodes of depression since a young(er) age.

How are you assessing your type though? Do you test as ENFP? Did you decide on ENFP by reading ENFP descriptions?

None of what you stated in your recent post under ENFP stood out to me as being distinctly ENFP.

Still not really awake.

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    My ENFP traits

-Im more comfortable talking about random Ne things and ideas than my own feelings. Although in highschool I used to let everyone know how sh-tty I felt in a funny, melodramatic "why me!" way and bombarded acquantinces with texts. If a girl rejected me, everyone had to know about it.

-I desire a vibrant social life filled with a variety of people I find interesting, stimulating and fun

-I feel VERY uneasy with spending more than 2 days in isolation, despite how painfully common it is for me

-I joke alot and can come off as brash or douchey (in a fun way). I can hurt people's feelings when not careful.

-I'm usually quite overbearing when around introverts, most of my introverted friends have found me overwhelming and I kind of find it frustrating when they don't match my energy levels

-I'm probably the most vocal person in all of my classes

-My views on social issues can be pretty pragmatic and Te-like. I'm a results-oriented person when it comes to any political issue.

-I think my natural personality is very ExxP, but issues of insecurity and anxiety make me more withdrawn

-Im not very "poetic" about the way I express my feelings and emotions. I feel like an INFP would say something like "I feel such a huge gaping hole in my heart, I don't know if I can go on", while I'm more likely to say something like "Everyone hates me, I just wanna stop being a b-tch n-gga"

-I don't want my life to be peaceful and calm, I want it to be fast-paced, exciting, and full of novelty and positive vibes.

My INFP traits

-I withdraw from social situations when feeling anxious or overwhelmed

-I get stuck in my head alot

-I'm socially awkward

-I find it hard to ignore negative feelings and being active about making a change

-I come off as aloof, unapproachable and "bougie" in a group setting. I'm usually most engaging in groups of 5 or 6 tops.

-Im not a natural leader

-I'm cynical and not as consistently cheery as most ENFPs seem to be. I'm openly cheery maybe 30%-35% of the time

-I barely initiate conversation with strangers unless its a girl I like

-I sometimes avoid social interaction out of fear, even though I crave it desperately

-I'm a very "keep your distance" person, although I think that's more of a reaction to being disappointed/hurt in the past

-I often times look sad and have insecure body language

-I tend to sit at the side of the room
    Listing personality traits at random isn't the best way to discern your type - it's broad. Barely conversing with a girl I don't know, unless I'm familiar with her and like her, for example - is something that I and many people of different types could probably relate to. However, looking at personality traits or personal experiences that could be connected to how your thought/perception process works does lead to something.

So, tell me - when you go shopping for new clothes (if that's your thing), what is your reason for choosing the outfit? If you saw someone in danger, but he was someone who you had a negative experience with - what would you do, and when you see this happening, what would be the first thought that pops in your head? What is one hobby of yours - but why do you happen to do it, and what about it struck you?

Even better - what is the impression(s) that you get from this image? Describe what you see.

030626.gif
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    What if you don't just feel like you're on crack and acid...but you actually are on crack and acid...what then?
    I thought my answer's hidden premise was still self-evident (aka that you're not actually on drugs.) If you are on drugs then you could be anything.

@Stansmith - I would not suggest you base your argument for being an introvert solely on being socially reserved, shy or your social behavioural traits. My experience with extroverts is that they don't seem to understand what introversion actually is (I've experienced this most notably with ENFPs but they all do it.) Introversion is not about being quiet in groups or not hanging out with people. There is so, so much more to it than that. You would possess an inner world which would be vast and deep in one way or another and it will dominate your attention perhaps for your entire life.

Also if you are going to determine type get there via cognitive function study. An INFP is an INFP because they are dominant in Fi and not because they are introverted. Likewise with ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think her point tho was wtf?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    None of what you stated in your recent post under ENFP stood out to me as being distinctly ENFP.
    Yeah, I agree. A lot of what you said sounds like something that could be written up in type descriptions as a way to generalize extroverts/introverts. Being socially awkward does not necessarily mean you're not extroverted or are introverted. Extroverts need to be around people, whether they have developed social skills or not. And introverts don't need to be alone 24/7; everyone needs people at one point or another to live a healthy life. I mean hey, 749 has been labeled as "The Withdrawn Seven" (well I mean it's PerC so it's not gonna be extremely profound lol) and I still type as an E. At the most, your ENFP traits just sound like being Pe to me. I think the one thing we can determine is that you're Pe since that's what everyone seems to be agreeing with. Whether you're Pe-dom or Ji-dom still has yet to show. And as for your INFP traits, I'm not quite sure.

Also note what @louiesgonnadie said about personality traits being relate-able for many different types. If they weren't, I wouldn't see myself in INFP and ENFJ descriptions. It's your thought process that you're aiming for and you haven't really said much about it. Which is odd in the first place for a supposed ENFP. Even when I first discovered MBTI I was less interested in the whole "ENFPs are happy, lively people" paragraphs than I was the descriptions about what goes on in their heads and how deeply they feel things.

Trying out what @AffirmitiveAnxiety recommended is probably a good shot, too.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, I agree. A lot of what you said sounds like something that could be written up in type descriptions as a way to generalize extroverts/introverts. Being socially awkward does not necessarily mean you're not extroverted or are introverted. Extroverts need to be around people, whether they have developed social skills or not. And introverts don't need to be alone 24/7; everyone needs people at one point or another to live a healthy life. I mean hey, 749 has been labeled as "The Withdrawn Seven" (well I mean it's PerC so it's not gonna be extremely profound lol) and I still type as an E. At the most, your ENFP traits just sound like being Pe to me. I think the one thing we can determine is that you're Pe since that's what everyone seems to be agreeing with. Whether you're Pe-dom or Ji-dom still has yet to show. And as for your INFP traits, I'm not quite sure.

Also note what @louiesgonnadie said about personality traits being relate-able for many different types. If they weren't, I wouldn't see myself in INFP and ENFJ descriptions. It's your thought process that you're aiming for and you haven't really said much about it. Which is odd in the first place for a supposed ENFP. Even when I first discovered MBTI I was less interested in the whole "ENFPs are happy, lively people" paragraphs than I was the descriptions about what goes on in their heads and how deeply they feel things.

Trying out what @AffirmitiveAnxiety recommended is probably a good shot, too.
    yes yes very good point me too
    -Jim Morrison