User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Demographics is not what is being discussed here. In other words, no one here is attempting to identify the nation with 'the greatest number of ENFPs' as we all know Atlantis was swallowed by the sea hundreds of years ago.
    HAHA

And the remaining ENFPs are left to carry on their former nation's legacy
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    HAHA

And the remaining ENFPs are left to carry on their former nation's legacy
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Demographics is not what is being discussed here. In other words, no one here is attempting to identify the nation with 'the greatest number of ENFPs' as we all know Atlantis was swallowed by the sea hundreds of years ago. What is being referenced is an overall typing of a nation's culture...which isn't necessarily an uncommon or unheard-of practice by any means.
    I'm quite familiar with the concept of typing cultures. The statement I was addressing was a statement about demographics.

"In Ireland and New Zealand, for example, ENFP is in the majority"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Ireland seems more IFP to me.

Edit: I declare this meaty slab of text my 300th post.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ScottJames View Post
    I'm quite familiar with the concept of typing cultures. The statement I was addressing was a statement about demographics.

"In Ireland and New Zealand, for example, ENFP is in the majority"
    Well, I can't rule out the possibility that Magic Qwan was speaking strictly of demographics in reference to NZ & Ireland (only) and 'culture' for the rest of the nations listed in that post. Perhaps it is the case that he in fact was. But Magic Q is one smart little whippet... with an ENFP father and as an ENFP himself...I imagine he knows our 'numbers' and can do the math. If taking the total population of both NZ & Ireland...for ENFPs to dominate the population in both those nations may mean there are no ENFPs living anywhere else in the world - which I'd be okay with really (although I call dibs on summering in Eire...and wintering in NZ.)

I also have an advantage because I am fluent in Enfpese...and know which words we grab a hold of when we're 17 and going 100 miles an hour 24/7. Surely for an INFJ 'majority' always means 'numbers' and rightly so. Well, for an ENFP 'majority' can stand-in for 'influence' in a pinch. Still, I could be wrong... only MQ will be able to answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Ireland seems more IFP to me.

Edit: I declare this meaty slab of text my 300th post.
    Witnessed & Noterized by Starry July 30, 2013

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Some website…
    Ah, I wonder if it wasn’t biased on someone’s trip to NZ, because in that case NZ is a fun place to visit and an ENFP would have a blast. But NZ is pretty stereotypically ISTP and enneagram is probably 6w5 at a guess, and that’s what people strive to be. I mainly pointed it out though because Americans who come to live in NZ usually have some pretty major culture shock, I don’t know what kind of idea’s you guys have about us, but apparently it clashes with the reality. Probably why there is only about 20,000 Yanks over here and vice versa, so maybe not the best option for American ENFPs?

If taking the total population of both NZ & Ireland...for ENFPs to dominate the population in both those nations may mean there are no ENFPs living anywhere else in the world - which I'd be okay with really
    Well you guys are 8% of the US population which would be something like 24 million, and the combined populations of both countries would be around 9 million…… it would barely make a dent.

(although I call dibs on summering in Eire...and wintering in NZ.)
    Really? I’d have it the other way around personally in the winter NZ is cold, windy, and very wet; while in summer its usually great weather. Ireland on the other hand is cold, windy and very wet all year round.

Witnessed & Noterized by Starry July 30, 2013
    If my extended family is anything to go on Si and Fe would be more accurate, the repressed group anger and bitterness of 600 years tends to beat you down a bit; though I do think that INFP is the image that tourists see of the tragically romantic Emerald Isle.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trollogo View Post
    Well you guys are 8% of the US population which would be something like 24 million, and the combined populations of both countries would be around 9 million…… it would barely make a dent.
    Gee thanks Troll for stepping-in and correcting me here. You must have "intuitively" picked-up on the fact that I wanted nothing more than to be as accurate as I possibly could with those figures... And yet I just couldn't keep it all straight...you know...seeing how I was running out of fingers & toes to count on.

Really? I’d have it the other way around personally in the winter NZ is cold, windy, and very wet; while in summer its usually great weather. Ireland on the other hand is cold, windy and very wet all year round.
    Oh wow, I apologize... See the way I wrote that...leading with Ireland first and all... I thought it would be obvious that 'Ireland' was the 'base reference point'...but here I've gone and confused you! Please let me clarify...

So when I said I'd like to 'summer in Ireland'... that's just a fancy way of saying...I'd like to be in Ireland during Ireland's summer. Then (now stay with me here because I can now see how difficult this all was to comprehend...) then when Ireland is having their winter...that's when I'd like to be in New Zealand. Or 'winter in NZ.' Yah next time I'll try to be more clear.

If my extended family is anything to go on Si and Fe would be more accurate, the repressed group anger and bitterness of 600 years tends to beat you down a bit; though I do think that INFP is the image that tourists see of the tragically romantic Emerald Isle.
    Well, it appears you would know.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

@Starry apparently there is a miscommunication here, the first two where jokes:

The one about the ENFP population was a shock/horror it’s simply too many people, she can’t take much more captain! That’s why I had the shock emoticon on the end of it.

The second one is what I thought was a very common joke, about how the Irish are always complaining about how miserable it is over there, and the sun never shinning.

The third was an opinion no more or less valid then anyone else’s, I was trying to use it as a conversation starter, to get you talking about your experiences in Ireland that made you think of the nation as INFP counter phobic 6; as your posts in this thread have been quite interesting.

I think that at this point I can conclude that my online communication skills are utterly terrible to put it positively. I entered this thread to point out that NZ wasn’t some sort of ENFP haven, and that running away from ones problems to another country rarely solves them. But I feel bad turning someone’s journey to self-discovery into something else, and by the snide comment about my username and general passive aggressive tone throughout your post it’s obvious you’ve prejudged me as a noxious troll, (It was the combination of the name and MBTI type right?) rather than the shy and awkward person that I am. So I will bow out at this point and apologise to the OP for making such a hash of his thread.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Found this little writeup in case anyone's interested in taking a look.

They don't really provide much information about WHY those countries are better for the different personality types, but they do cite a book that you can buy on Amazon, haha.

http://www.takenbythewind.com/2010/1...r-personality/
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Getting back to the intent of the thread, I see nothing remotely ENFP about you, @Stansmith. I'm usually terrible at typing people and yet this is quite clear to me.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug