User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    One of the Fe types. They are too obsessed with the words rude and inappropriate.
    theres a difference between disgust and being offended. im just disgusted if people cant express themselves creatively, that they resort to primitive language.

i say isfp, if i dont pretend like i love them, all the time, or if i say any honest opinion, they instantly take it as a personal insult.
    and one isfp once tried to tell me how i shouldnt watch tv shows with vampires, because I WOULD HAVE NIGHTMARES! =O

but yeah, i guess healthier isfp's might realize that other people are not the same as them.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    theres a difference between disgust and being offended. im just disgusted if people cant express themselves creatively, that they resort to primitive language.

i say isfp, if i dont pretend like i love them, all the time, or if i say any honest opinion, they instantly take it as a personal insult.
    and one isfp once tried to tell me how i shouldnt watch tv shows with vampires, because I WOULD HAVE NIGHTMARES! =O

but yeah, i guess healthier isfp's might realize that other people are not the same as them.
    Did you see the original question? Here it is: "Which types are most likely to be personally offended by things like fictional movie violence, rap lyrics or anything resembling political incorrectness in media?"

A perceiver, while still an F and still easily offended in general, is less likely to be offended by rap lyrics, etc..

I should add xSTJs to the list, as they can get worked up about anything they are categorically against.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Fe-dom and some Fe-aux, more so SFJ probably because they have more of a "factual" slant (things are what they are, not shifting between perspectives & giving BS interpretations like Ns may be prone to at times).

My ESFJ grandma writes letters to people/businesses about how their marketing campaign or policies or whatever is offensive. I think because Fe mentality sees valuation as an objective thing, they tend to get more disturbed when something offends them, and have a greater motivation to "set it right". They also tend to view their own sense of being offended not as personal, but the offense being offensive in general, as if it's simply fact & not their own individual sensitivity. This is not necessarily bad at all; it's why Fe is viewed as caring more outwardly and taking pro-active measures to keep things beneficial & harmonious for people.

As a Fi-dom, I tend to just dismiss stuff rather than get offended. I tend to get offended if something is directly addressing ME (or perhaps an individual I care about specifically, not an abstract group), not just my values or whatever. Occasionally, it can be something closely connected to my identity, but I still find it easier to dismiss than a comment made specifically about ME. Sometimes things can make me feel sad or hurt or misunderstood, but I associated "offended" with an attitude of judgment against the offender, to be affronted in a way that makes them feel more righteous or something. I tend to question the validity of my own feelings, that perhaps I am too sensitive, and I'll empathically consider how a view was formed even if I don't agree with it, which tends to lessen offense on my end.

Edit - Someone mentioned STJs... yes, very true. e1s in general may apply here as well. But they tend to be less emotionally offended. They express more of a critical disgust. It's a similar reason I gave above, but they obviously tend to operate from a principle Te view than Fe valuation.

I know a lot of people think being offended is sort of lame & judgey & uptight, but there can also be an underestimation of how fiction & entertainment affect mentality in cultures. I think Je types are very aware of the fluidity of cultural values & what is acceptable or not, and they know that people adjust a whole lot more to external attitudes than they like to admit (always claiming to think for themselves as if impervious to outside influences, while supposedly everyone but them are brainless drones & sheep).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Did you see the original question? Here it is: "Which types are most likely to be personally offended by things like fictional movie violence, rap lyrics or anything resembling political incorrectness in media?"

A perceiver, while still an F and still easily offended in general, is less likely to be offended by rap lyrics, etc..

I should add xSTJs to the list, as they can get worked up about anything they are categorically against.
    did you not read my post?

i said 'and one isfp once tried to tell me how i shouldnt watch tv shows with vampires'

if they are offended by vampires, god knows what else!
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

SingSmileShine

I have an ISxJ friend and nothing doesn't offend her.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

ESFPs for sure, with their whole 'take-charge' attitude, all about "ME ME ME!!!" and shunning the party-poopers who spoil the so-called 'fun'.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I have an ENFJ friend who is offended by absolutely everything. I adore her, but she really is. Recently, she was telling me about how offended she was when a taxi driver told her she was beautiful.
    I know lots of easily offended ENFJs. ESFJs too. My ENFJ friends tend to get angry while the ESFJs get sad.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I know lots of easily offended ENFJs. ESFJs too. My ENFJ friends tend to get angry while the ESFJs get sad.
    Spot on. Well done, nicolita.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Not the scary rap lyrics!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.