• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can INxPs be openly goofy?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I BUTTERNUT SQUASH YOUR HEAD!

kith.bmp

interesting mustache. Is he Canadian? EH?
WHAT ARE YOU TALKiNG ABOOT?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Sure they can. Just look at [MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]. He's one hell of a goofy mother fucker.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I kinda think Poi might be an INFP with well developed Ne, actually. The kind of images he chooses for his avatar, the frequency at which he changes them, and the presence and elaboration of his signature.... these are things I usually see in INFPs, not INTPs.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I kinda think Poi might be an INFP with well developed Ne, actually. The kind of images he chooses for his avatar, the frequency at which he changes them, and the presence and elaboration of his signature.... these are things I usually see in INFPs, not INTPs.

still an INxP

W

WALMART

I studied Fi a fair deal yesterday - Jung's version, at least.

Poimandres being Fi is incongruent with that I learned. Ni would be more likely. They are similar in scope.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Poimandres being Fi is incongruent with that I learned. Ni would be more likely. They are similar in scope.

INTJ I could see, and might fit better.

prplchknz said:
still an INxP

Don't mind me, I'm talking about something unrelated. I just haven't seen him say anything particularly Ti. He's too much of a mystery to me for him to be Ti.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure they can. Just look at [MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]. He's one hell of a goofy mother fucker.

Yes, in most ways where people act like mindless robots (such as in formal public settings), I hack the system, and when people are normally acting like frenzied monkeys (such as when work is done), I'm using my freedom to advance understanding and development. For most people, serious and silly in X and Y are silly and serious for me.

Good point. I guess INTPs have more of a calculated rationale in their ways, whereas I'm bouncing a bunch of funny stuff around.

still an INxP

This may be true, but there's also a lot of information that points away from INxP (which INxPs generally tend to ignore, in favor of their subjective reasonings or feelings). That's a very debatable subject though, but I guess it's just the common perception. I'm sure there's also plenty of INxPs out there open to external input.

Hm, well I guess they both deal with more introspective things, or what appeals to abstract impressions and mystical feelings, so there may be a good connection here.

INTJ I could see, and might fit better.

Don't mind me, I'm talking about something unrelated. I just haven't seen him say anything particularly Ti. He's too much of a mystery to me for him to be Ti.

I actually see myself (today) as most likely being an INTJ. The Ti's seem more into what's rational (like elegant logic and rational consistency), whereas the Ni's seem more into what's transformative (like universal wisdom or esoteric cosmologies).

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INFP I know can be goofy in a very sweet way. She definitely gets silly and caught up like I can get, but she just seems to do it in a less theatrical, much more endearing way in my opinion. I'm a little jealous of my introverted counterparts to be honest :)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually see myself (today) as most likely being an INTJ. The Ti's seem more into what's rational (like elegant logic and rational consistency), whereas the Ni's seem more into what's transformative (like universal wisdom or esoteric cosmologies).

Exactly. I simply don't see that consistent structure or through-line in you. That's way I suggested INFP, but Ni, it seems, can be equally, if not more, opposed to that.

S

Stansmith

I also had a friend in highschool who was literally like an introverted version of an ENTP. He was ENTP-esque in humor and demeanor but he was practically a hermit. He didn't have that awkard neurotic serious vibe that stereotypical INTPs have.

Actually in retrospect, he was probably just an ISxP 9w8. His humor wasn't exceptionally witty or zany, it was more along the lines of "let me tickle this guy's nipple and keep a straight face while doing it". He seemed to be exceptionally comfortable with himself and didn't have that "this world is so strange/illogical" vibe that INxPs have.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This varies a lot from person to person. As far as INxPs being cable of being goofy in public, absolutely. Two of my best friends are INxPs, an INFP guy and INTP girl. My INFP friend is generally more conservative, but certainly capable of being goofy in public, especially after a few beers. My INTP friend will do things in public that would embarrass an ExSP.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never been goofy a day in my life....

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also had a friend in highschool who was literally like an introverted version of an ENTP. He was ENTP-esque in humor and demeanor but he was practically a hermit. He didn't have that awkard neurotic serious vibe that stereotypical INTPs have.

That sounds much more like stereotypical IxTJs, INTPs(probably along with the other IP types) usually have more a apathetic, shiftless demeanor when not actively engaging.

When they engage with people depending on the social environment they may show their goofy, "Ne side", I think INTPs and INFPs try to mirror the people they're around but in a more water downed, low key way.