User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The real question is: can they be anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    The real question is: can they be anything else?
    ^ accurate
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

Sure, if they like the people they are around and are comfortable/relaxed (and not in the middle of being absent-minded because they are caught up thinking about something). And this jives with the theory, as it says someone usually has to be relaxed and happy for their secondary function to manifest strongly.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My first impression is a definite "yes" only without the touching.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think how funny an INXP is due to degree they are using their Extraverted Intuition. If they are suppressing it, they are probably going to seem unfunny and overly serious.

I most assuredly do not come off this way. At some point earlier in my 20s, I discovered two things:

1. I'm actually pretty good at making people laugh
    2. Humor is a better foundation for relationships than intellectual discussion of l ideas, which just intimidates most people. Even if the person is not intimidated by that kind of thing, humor won't hurt, only help.

I like varied kinds of humor, so I can adjust them for the situation. I'm careful about using black humor unless I'm around people I know really well. A lot of times, I'll pack different kinds of humor into something. I'll say something scatalogical, but with an element of wordplay, which covers all my bases among people who have any sense of humor at all.

INFPs that rely too heavily on Fi and INTPs that really too heavily on Ti are both unfunny, but in different ways.

The INFPs with no intuition are offended by scatology, black humor, and tend to even find "clean" popsicle stick puns to be lame. For some reason, when they watch movies or television, those things are less of a problem. INTPs with no suppressed intuition take the Vulcan approach, and dismiss humor because "it is not logical."
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Sure, if they like the people they are around and are comfortable/relaxed (and not in the middle of being absent-minded because they are caught up thinking about something). And this jives with the theory, as it says someone usually has to be relaxed and happy for their secondary function to manifest strongly.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    You could say that. I mean, I've mostly gotten my INTP broken of sticking drinking straws in his nose at restaurants and pretending to be a walrus . . .
    LoL! I've done this.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I like varied kinds of humor, so I can adjust them for the situation. I'm careful about using black humor unless I'm around people I know really well. A lot of times, I'll pack different kinds of humor into something. I'll say something scatalogical, but with an element of wordplay, which covers all my bases among people who have any sense of humor at all.
    This being careful about using black humor is one thing that can keep me silent. Really the reason why im able to be freely goofy and crack jokes with my friends is that i dont have to think about whether i offend someone with what i say. The moment i need to censor myself(or even thinking whether i should sensor something that pops on my mind), everything that comes out is delayed so much that i cant really vocalize much before its too late. Also one major thing is that when i do start thinking whether i should say something or not, i start to feel insecure about whether something i want to say can actually be said or not. But what helps a lot is if there is some stimuli(what the other person says or something around us) that i can joke about, in those cases i can joke around more freely and often say stuff about the possibility of something happening which isnt really possible, like "imagine if that..", "yea its because..". I also use self-deprecating humor quite often and usually the jokes come out more of troll style, where the other person might not be first aware that im joking and im keeping a straight face and talk as if i were 100% serious. I also use word play quite often, but my ENTP friend does that much more than i do.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

With people they like and trust, absolutely. They're the silliest people around (after ENXPs, of course)
    4w5 sp/sx EII

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

I'm not sure I would use the word "goofy" (I actually think that's a good word for the humor of xNFJs) but then again, it's probably accurate.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Are INTPs or INFPs as huggy and kissy in their goofiness as seen in the pics? I've personal witnessed some funny faces, puns, and the occasional chicken walk, but there was one instance of running in panic from a tree hugger.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)