User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    what type is your mother?
    I'm not 100% sure, but after something similar to a game of "20 questions," I got ESFJ, maybe ESTJ…

    She spends a lot of time alone, though. She is kind of a workaholic, and she says that she does all of it to pay the bills and keep us able to do things.



    I can tell she cares about me, but she says that I'm not going to make money doing things I enjoy.



    I think she also acts more like an S around me. My grandmother and people that know her would pin her down as ENFJ.



    All I can say for certain is ExxJ.



    She thinks that asking questions all the time is annoying, too.

  2. #22
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but after something similar to a game of "20 questions," I got ESFJ, maybe ESTJ…

    She spends a lot of time alone, though. She is kind of a workaholic, and she says that she does all of it to pay the bills and keep us able to do things.



    I can tell she cares about me, but she says that I'm not going to make money doing things I enjoy.



    I think she also acts more like an S around me. My grandmother and people that know her would pin her down as ENFJ.



    All I can say for certain is ExxJ.



    She thinks that asking questions all the time is annoying, too.
    oh okay...my impression of sj's is that they just see theres a right way to do things and get frustrated when others don't seem to "get it"

    they're sort of right...in the way that most people are sj's... so out in the real world...majority seems to rule or whatever

    but...not all of us are content to live that way and i wish they would look past their own ego to see that.

    not that i'm not highly impressed by their ability to plow through and do what needs to be done at all times.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #23
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh okay...my impression of sj's is that they just see theres a right way to do things and get frustrated when others don't seem to "get it"

    they're sort of right...in the way that most people are sj's... so out in the real world...majority seems to rule or whatever

    but...not all of us are content to live that way and i wish they would look past their own ego to see that.

    not that i'm not highly impressed by their ability to plow through and do what needs to be done at all times.
    She is very particular about how I do things. Auxillary Si just doesn't quite fit her, though…


    She comes of to me as some sort of ENFJ/ESFJ hybrid.





    All I know is that the pool is to be cleaned the way she does it, and the way most people do things, that is the right way. I hear she was a bit of a tomboy when she was growing up, but she "got" it when she got to be a teenager.

  4. #24
    Senior Member sulfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    492

    Default

    ENFPs and ISTJs have the same functions ordered differently, so there is a little ISTJ in every ENFP and a little ENFP in every ISTJ.

    In socionics the Si,Te and Ne,Fi types (SLI and IEE) are called dual personalities. In MBTI this is ENFP and ISTJ.

  5. #25
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Having grown up in a house with three TJs, my ENFP sis has pretty well developed Te. It manifest in these utterly absurd ways. She will methodically and meticulously plot out these courses to these fantastically Ne-Fi goals. The scariest part is the regularity with which she accomplishes them. She's like the Daywalker or something.

    Case in point: her three year plan to literally become a Disney Princess at Disneyworld. Some whimsical flight of fancy were it not for the fact that she manage to land one of Disney's most competitive internships as a sophomore, was subsequently appointed to head up her campus' recruitment program, and is being flown out by the company for an interview for a full-time position around the middle of next month after almost a year of grooming by alumni in the Disney network.

    All that's left is for them to offer her a job, and her to stipulate a delayed start so she can spend six months to a year as Tiyana, though she'd settle for Nala.

    Had she not laid this out for me on Hello Kitty stationary during the summer before her freshman year, I would not have believed that all these things happening to her were pretty much orchestrated from the outset. So, yeah, that whole ISTJ animus thing is evidently a very real and particular animal lurking in pretty much all ENFPs.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  6. #26
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    jumping in:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Theoretically the lower functions can arise in stress, causing an NFP to look STJ and vice versa.
    yeah...do you buy that theory tho?

    i honestly don't...i mean...a stressed enfp...can be all crazy and te like with completely inaccurate si shit going on but it doesn't look like an istj who's in command of those functions.

    and...the only time an istj might seem like an enfp is after many cocktails or happy pills of some sort.

    in my super expert opinion
    i've noticed that theory seems to have a lot of different versions:

    "in times of stress, you.."
    1. switch all letters - reverse the order of the 4 primary functions (ENFP to ISTJ).
    2. reverse the I/O polarities - tackling one's shadow functions (ENFP to INFJ).
    3. switch the order & the polarities - tackling one's functional opposite (ENFP to ESTP).

    i'm not sure about if i buy any of those, but if shadow functions are real, then the last one seems to make the most sense, because i do think that there is a relationship between the behavioral attributes (P/J & I/E) and the functions we act on, and i noticed that when people aren't dealing with stress in a healthy manner they tend to push their behavioral attributes to the extreme (P's become more chaotic, Js become more uptight, introverts become more reclusive, etc).

    to the OP: yes, over the years i've noticed my mother moving from ENFP hippydom to embracing the little uptight ISTJ inside - this has only really started in her 50s though, and i am pretty sure it just has to do with the late development of the lower functions.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    I would have thought that wizened ENFPs would (at least to the observer) more resemble ESTJs than ISTJs because whilst all four functions may be equally as strong their brains are still hardwired towards extroversion and its associated needs.

    Also, a stressed ENFP will resemble an STJ but more of a caricature than a replica.

  8. #28
    Junior Member Meda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    And vice versa for the ISTJ. When my ISTJ manager gets really stressed out, he becomes almost childlike. He gets stubborn and silly and protective... not far from NFP. It's really interesting to watch.
    I can attest to that. When I feel stressed and threatened, I can really lockdown and refuse to budge--both to the demise of others and of myself. Kinda like a turtle, really! Or, I can snap and start taking drastic actions that I will regret later. I've had that way too many times.

    On the other hand, I suppose a beer has the power to turn me into an ESxJ at least.
    Last edited by Meda; 07-26-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: adding

  9. #29
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meda View Post
    I can attest to that. When I feel stressed and threatened, I can really lockdown and refuse to budge--both to the demise of others and of myself. Kinda like a turtle, really! Or, I can snap and start taking drastic actions that I will regret later. I've had that way too many times.

    On the other hand, I suppose a beer has the power to turn me into an ESxJ at least.


    What a fun thread idea! "Alcohol turns me into an ______"

  10. #30
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post


    What a fun thread idea! "Alcohol turns me into an ______"
    LOL

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone ever taken a real MBTI?
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 09:57 PM
  2. [ENFP] Has anyone else experienced this? (ENFP growing up in an overwhelmingly xSJx family).
    By cattywample in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 02:03 AM
  3. [ENFP] Who has thicker skin ENFP or ENFJ ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 02:31 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO