User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Instinctual Subtype are you?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • R/P

2 16.67%
  • R/M

4 33.33%
  • P/R

0 0%
  • P/M

0 0%
  • M/R

6 50.00%
  • M/P

0 0%
12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default A New Instinctual Variants Theory

I observed the following categories of motivation when analyzing intellectuals:

The 3 new instinctual variants: Pragmatist (P), Rationalist (R), and Metaphysicist (M).

The very vague and loose connections to the regular instincts: P=Sp, R=So, and M=Sx.

Pragmatists - Putting practices into action. (realistic like Sp)

Rationalists - Inventing reasonings for things. (explorative like So)

Metaphysicists - Envisioning beyond the mundane. (psychic like Sx)

My theories on which variants various forum members on my friends list may be (feel free to correct me):

Poimandres R/M, @Zang M/P, @superunknown R/P, @SolitaryWalker R/M, @Elfboy P/M, @The Great One P/R, @Speed Gavroche P/R, @Ene M/R, @greenfairy M/R, @Mal+ R/M, @Riva R/P

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I like it. Nice little neat systems like this make me happy. Pretty accurate- except I don't think rationalism really translates to So much at all. And by this I would be Sp last, which I am definitely not.

I'm trying to figure out the underlying pattern and structure of your theory, but I can't as yet find it. So probably more feedback in the near future.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

One issue I can see is that the original instinctual variants are based around the first three chakras, grounding the theory around something more solid
    . This is kind of what I'm looking for in yours. What I see is the physical plane, the mental, and the etheric/astral/spiritual- so that could translate into chakras in different ways, but not as neatly.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    One issue I can see is that the original instinctual variants are based around the first three chakras, grounding the theory around something more solid
    . This is kind of what I'm looking for in yours. What I see is the physical plane, the mental, and the etheric/astral/spiritual- so that could translate into chakras in different ways, but not as neatly.
    That's an interesting connection. I would say that P=physical, R=mental, and M=astral.
    Please describe how the physical, mental, and astral chakras work, as it would help to refine my theory and enlighten us.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

The 3 new instinctual variants: Pragmatist (P), Rationalist (R), and Metaphysicist (M).

The very vague and loose connections to the regular instincts: P=Sp, R=So, and M=Sx.

My theories on which variants various forum members on my friends list may be (feel free to correct me):

Poimandres R/M, @Zang M/P, @superunknown R/P, @SolitaryWalker R/M, @Elfboy P/M, @The Great One P/R, @Speed Gavroche P/R, @Ene M/R, @greenfairy M/R, @Mal+ R/M, @Riva R/P
    I like it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

M/R seems like me, nice job.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

WALMART

I definitely only poke my head into the realm of metaphysicality under necessity. Feels.... unclean.

Though I wonder if you got the correlations correct. I feel P, R and M are Sp, Sx and So, respectively. Metaphysicality usually entails a grand scope of things, typically addressing social standings, existence as an abstract and such.

I might be trying to shoehorn these in.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

I like this, it makes things a lot simpler. Seems accurate.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I found some information here that might connect nicely with greenfairy's chakra example:

The universe and the spiritual Hierarchy are mirrored in us through many subtle bodies. We have, the biological or physical body - the etheric body, which is made of ether or life-energy - the astral body, which is the body of concrete consciousness shaped by the psyche (thoughts, feelings) - the mental body, which is the body of abstract consciousness perceived by pure awareness, which opens on realms of experience not bounded by space and time; and the spiritual or causal body named also the Light body, which is the root of consciousness and the inner*most essence of the Soul. As with the levels of the macrocosm, each body can be seen as governing the body "below" it — that is, denser or more material than itself; thus, for example, the astral body is shaped and directed by the mental body, and in turn shapes and directs the etheric body.
    source - http://www.plotinus.com/subtle_bodies_copy.htm
    Another good website - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plane_(esotericism)