• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A New Instinctual Variants Theory

Which Instinctual Subtype are you?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I observed the following categories of motivation when analyzing intellectuals:

The 3 new instinctual variants: Pragmatist (P), Rationalist (R), and Metaphysicist (M).

The very vague and loose connections to the regular instincts: P=Sp, R=So, and M=Sx.

Pragmatists - Putting practices into action. (realistic like Sp)

Rationalists - Inventing reasonings for things. (explorative like So)

Metaphysicists - Envisioning beyond the mundane. (psychic like Sx)

My theories on which variants various forum members on my friends list may be (feel free to correct me):

Poimandres R/M, [MENTION=8595]Zang[/MENTION] M/P, [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] R/P, [MENTION=14179]SolitaryWalker[/MENTION] R/M, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] P/M, [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] P/R, [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] P/R, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] M/R, [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] M/R, [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] R/M, [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] R/P

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like it. :) Nice little neat systems like this make me happy. Pretty accurate- except I don't think rationalism really translates to So much at all. And by this I would be Sp last, which I am definitely not.

I'm trying to figure out the underlying pattern and structure of your theory, but I can't as yet find it. So probably more feedback in the near future.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One issue I can see is that the original instinctual variants are based around the first three chakras, grounding the theory around something more solid
. This is kind of what I'm looking for in yours. What I see is the physical plane, the mental, and the etheric/astral/spiritual- so that could translate into chakras in different ways, but not as neatly.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One issue I can see is that the original instinctual variants are based around the first three chakras, grounding the theory around something more solid
. This is kind of what I'm looking for in yours. What I see is the physical plane, the mental, and the etheric/astral/spiritual- so that could translate into chakras in different ways, but not as neatly.

That's an interesting connection. I would say that P=physical, R=mental, and M=astral.
Please describe how the physical, mental, and astral chakras work, as it would help to refine my theory and enlighten us.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

The 3 new instinctual variants: Pragmatist (P), Rationalist (R), and Metaphysicist (M).

The very vague and loose connections to the regular instincts: P=Sp, R=So, and M=Sx.

My theories on which variants various forum members on my friends list may be (feel free to correct me):

Poimandres R/M, [MENTION=8595]Zang[/MENTION] M/P, [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] R/P, [MENTION=14179]SolitaryWalker[/MENTION] R/M, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] P/M, [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] P/R, [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] P/R, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] M/R, [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] M/R, [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] R/M, [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] R/P

I like it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
M/R seems like me, nice job. :thumbup:

W

WALMART

I definitely only poke my head into the realm of metaphysicality under necessity. Feels.... unclean.

Though I wonder if you got the correlations correct. I feel P, R and M are Sp, Sx and So, respectively. Metaphysicality usually entails a grand scope of things, typically addressing social standings, existence as an abstract and such.

I might be trying to shoehorn these in.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like this, it makes things a lot simpler. Seems accurate.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

star-trek-make-it-so-300x200.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I found some information here that might connect nicely with greenfairy's chakra example:

The universe and the spiritual Hierarchy are mirrored in us through many subtle bodies. We have, the biological or physical body - the etheric body, which is made of ether or life-energy - the astral body, which is the body of concrete consciousness shaped by the psyche (thoughts, feelings) - the mental body, which is the body of abstract consciousness perceived by pure awareness, which opens on realms of experience not bounded by space and time; and the spiritual or causal body named also the Light body, which is the root of consciousness and the inner*most essence of the Soul. As with the levels of the macrocosm, each body can be seen as governing the body "below" it — that is, denser or more material than itself; thus, for example, the astral body is shaped and directed by the mental body, and in turn shapes and directs the etheric body.
source - http://www.plotinus.com/subtle_bodies_copy.htm

Another good website - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plane_(esotericism)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No! Not another system! My sig is too long as it is.

R is clearly first. Secondary could be either P or M, leaning towards P.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]
this sounds more like priorities when thinking than instinctual variants.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
and what is a theory without a test? :smoke: