• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Functions Conflict The Most?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think Ti and Fi conflict. My best friends are usually INTPs. -- however, this is very accurate. Confusing and irritating though are two completely different things.

Maybe.

In full disclosure, I'm super-annoyed at my ESFP ex right now because she's acting like she wants to get back together (and being kind of flirty) after dumping me because I gave off too many "negative vibes" that she can't help but absorb. (Only empathetic Fi is allowed to have emotions, I suppose.) I suppose she sees me as relationship material again now that I'm in a better mood, but I can't figure out why empathetic Fi can't understand that maybe I don't want to date someone who only finds me acceptable as long as I submerge my negative aspects. That's um, not what commitment means. Maybe I'm an annoying robot, but I do seem to better understand commitment. Also, she tolerated my inquisitiveness, rather than appreciated it.

And, I'm not sure how any of that is relevant to this thread, but if I'm unusually anti-Fi, that may illustrate why.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe is weird…

Especially in males, which often use it to bully males that use Fi…

S

Stansmith

And, both Tarantino and Farlane strike me more as Se doms than Ne doms. Perhaps Farlane might be a Ne dom, but I doubt Tarantino. The kind of movies he gets the most excited about is stuff like low-budget kung fu movies that don't have a lot of, stuff that seems to be more appealing to Se interests than Ne interests.

That's because he's a 7. His style is the epitome of Ne; mixing and matching elements from completely different genres into one film.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen the conflict with Fi and Fe and also Si and Se, and perhaps a little bit with Ti and Te just as competitive, but not with Ni and Ne.

That makes me curious, because I'm a pretty strong Ni-dom and I feel completely at home with Ne-doms in most cases. I feel like they create a perfect balance in an indulgent way that is just too much fun. Ne feels almost like a guilty pleasure so it could even be my favorite function.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Speaking of contrasting functions, how about the opposite? Yesterday i went out with a bunch of people etc including an ISFJ girl who kept asking me excruciatingly boring questions (imagine the ISFJ girl from Girls)...and I've been told that she's really fond of me, although I find her so boring..... she's also not the first Si-dom that I think about that gets fascinated with my 'brain'

So.... do you think Si-doms love Ne-doms? And maybe other combinations are true? For instance I don't know...Ni would be fascinated by Se? In the same vein that the introverted side of a function hates the extroverted (like Fi towards Fe) then to kinda balance it out the introverted opposite would love the extroverted opposite? I don't know if I'm talking bullshit here...

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So.... do you think Si-doms love Ne-doms? And maybe other combinations are true? For instance I don't know...Ni would be fascinated by Se? In the same vein that the introverted side of a function hates the extroverted (like Fi towards Fe) then to kinda balance it out the introverted opposite would love the extroverted opposite? I don't know if I'm talking bullshit here...
I think that can happen. I've heard that lots of INFJ girls are attracted to 'bad-boy' Se-doms. I've met Se-doms before, and there's something alluring and exciting about them. I don't think it will necessarily work out in real life, though, but I can definitely see the attraction.

S

Society

I'm a pretty strong Ni-dom and I feel completely at home with Ne-doms in most cases.

i could probably say the same - the manifestation of the conflicts are only in the long term decision making, so i wouldn't really put them the same as lets say Fi/Ti conflicts, which in contrast can be right in your face - with miserable misinterpretations and communication failures all around.

but the interesting bit comes when you add this:
I've seen the conflict with Fi and Fe and also Si and Se

i noticed the common conservative thought around typology communities is that judgmental functions conflict, perception functions complement (which is why you have the NFP/NTJ & NTP/NFJ fetish threads popping up from time to time).

so looking at it from the other direction: how do you see Si & Se conflicting?

Standuble

It's just training, making them stronger. Fi can be a little wimpy.

That is a little black and white. I would not say it is wimpy, there are just not many battles worth fighting. In the end its an Fe user who would use tact for the sake of tact whilst during a value violation incident Fi users would not give a fuck about their opponent or their sensitivities. Fi and its users can be strong at times whilst Fe users would lose a lot for the sake of group harmony.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That is a little black and white. I would not say it is wimpy, there are just not many battles worth fighting. In the end its an Fe user who would use tact for the sake of tact whilst during a value violation incident Fi users would not give a fuck about their opponent or their sensitivities. Fi and its users can be strong at times whilst Fe users would lose a lot for the sake of group harmony.

Of course Stan my man, I was joking. As I usually do.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'd say the follow functions conflict the most:

Fi and Fe
Te and Ti
Ti and Fi
Both Ne and Ni vs. Si

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While I can agree with that statement full heartedly, I've began to be wimpier with my Fi as I've began to have trouble since I threw out organized religion as a source of value. I have been ready to begin a spiritual journey throughout the world a few years, now, but personal circumstance has put that on hold…

Standuble

While I can agree with that statement full heartedly, I've began to be wimpier with my Fi as I've began to have trouble since I threw out organized religion as a source of value. I have been ready to begin a spiritual journey throughout the world a few years, now, but personal circumstance has put that on hold…

Good call in my opinion. A vacuum of personal values would in my understanding make you temporarily more assertive as from how I would see it you would either seek to rapidly assimilate new causes and purposes in life to make up for the loss or you would be more willing to believe that nothing matters and would seek to champion it so you can feel your current position is viable.

I myself was supposed to go on a spiritual journey of my own as well - At 20 I was supposed to move to a Buddhist monastery for pleasant introspection and defence from the outside world. Then I was supposed to travel the world and never stop travelling because if I did stop I feared the world I sought to leave behind would reveal that it never left and that I could never of been free. Now at 25 I lack the passion to do either and take an indifferent approach to any such thing as a superficial excursion. It's an unfortunate position which perhaps I will try because there is nothing wrong with a superficial excursion which provides a way out from feeling hopelessly trapped.

However my circumstances for putting it on hold is myself, if I may ask what were yours?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The OP is reflective of the socionics theory. However, that theory seems think that one should get along splendidly with their anima/animus and that's neither my experience nor observation.

In my life experience, the Te attitude has been the hardest for me. Although Je in general is rough. Fe-dom aren't inclined to like me at first because I'm a woman who is not warm and outgoing. ENFJs can be an exception sometimes. In any case, I feel major projection from these types, and I probably project onto them too. I do get along with individuals of these types, but I often have to overcome prejudice. Since ESxJs are a huge chunk of the population that has given me an uphill battle with people and first impressions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The OP is reflective of the socionics theory. However, that theory seems think that one should get along splendidly with their anima/animus and that's neither my experience nor observation.

In my life experience, the Te attitude has been the hardest for me. Although Je in general is rough. Fe-dom aren't inclined to like me at first because I'm a woman who is not warm and outgoing. ENFJs can be an exception sometimes. In any case, I feel major projection from these types, and I probably project onto them too. I do get along with individuals of these types, but I often have to overcome prejudice. Since ESxJs are a huge chunk of the population that has given me an uphill battle with people and first impressions.

Fortunately, theory and practice are two different things.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good call in my opinion. A vacuum of personal values would in my understanding make you temporarily more assertive as from how I would see it you would either seek to rapidly assimilate new causes and purposes in life to make up for the loss or you would be more willing to believe that nothing matters and would seek to champion it so you can feel your current position is viable.

I myself was supposed to go on a spiritual journey of my own as well - At 20 I was supposed to move to a Buddhist monastery for pleasant introspection and defence from the outside world. Then I was supposed to travel the world and never stop travelling because if I did stop I feared the world I sought to leave behind would reveal that it never left and that I could never of been free. Now at 25 I lack the passion to do either and take an indifferent approach to any such thing as a superficial excursion. It's an unfortunate position which perhaps I will try because there is nothing wrong with a superficial excursion which provides a way out from feeling hopelessly trapped.

However my circumstances for putting it on hold is myself, if I may ask what were yours?
With me, it is because I'm still a minor. I began to question the values I was raised with about five years ago, and back then, I decided to someday get things straightened out.

So far, I haven't made much progress, and went back to trying to reaccept the old values a few times, but never could.

I was in what many would call a cult. I was born into it.

I am a social outcast from being in it in the past and I can't quite put my full trust in any philosophy. I am very insecure and unsure of myself.

Standuble

With me, it is because I'm still a minor. I began to question the values I was raised with about five years ago, and back then, I decided to someday get things straightened out.

So far, I haven't made much progress, and went back to trying to reaccept the old values a few times, but never could.

I was in what many would call a cult. I was born into it.

I am a social outcast from being in it in the past and I can't quite put my full trust in any philosophy. I am very insecure and unsure of myself.

I see. Which cult? I don't think you will be able to go back unless you can find new relevance in the old ways. If you relive something solely for the sake of nostalgia eventually your NeFi will rebel. If you're looking for a philosophy I would suggest existentialism or nihilism. They may be initially hard to swallow but they don't require much commitment and you can approach them with an open or closed mind and achieve the same result.

In the end just stand still for a moment and listen to what your Fi wants. It should be honest enough and then you have the option to do what it wants or not. If you're alienated from your family then it may bias the result so keep that in mind.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see. Which cult? I don't think you will be able to go back unless you can find new relevance in the old ways. If you relive something solely for the sake of nostalgia eventually your NeFi will rebel. If you're looking for a philosophy I would suggest existentialism or nihilism. They may be initially hard to swallow but they don't require much commitment and you can approach them with an open or closed mind and achieve the same result.

In the end just stand still for a moment and listen to what your Fi wants. It should be honest enough and then you have the option to do what it wants or not. If you're alienated from your family then it may bias the result so keep that in mind.
Really, though, my mother drug me back into it a couple of times. She hasn't broken free, yet.

Nihilism sounds dreadful, though I came to that conclusion a few times. Existentialism feels a little better.

I won't be truly free until I can move off.

S

Society

I'd say the follow functions conflict the most:

Fi and Fe
Te and Ti
Ti and Fi
Both Ne and Ni vs. Si

why Ti & Fi but not Te & Fe?
or are you just not in a position to experience much of the later?

also at this point, wouldn't it make more sense to list the functions that don't conflict?

i don't think i ever had a conflict with an SP's Se. i may have had conflicts with NJ's inferior Se, but i am still not sure if that's correct to attribute it to so.