User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    That is a little black and white. I would not say it is wimpy, there are just not many battles worth fighting. In the end its an Fe user who would use tact for the sake of tact whilst during a value violation incident Fi users would not give a fuck about their opponent or their sensitivities. Fi and its users can be strong at times whilst Fe users would lose a lot for the sake of group harmony.
    Of course Stan my man, I was joking. As I usually do.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'd say the follow functions conflict the most:

Fi and Fe
    Te and Ti
    Ti and Fi
    Both Ne and Ni vs. Si

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

That is a little black and white. I would not say it is wimpy, there are just not many battles worth fighting. In the end its an Fe user who would use tact for the sake of tact whilst during a value violation incident Fi users would not give a fuck about their opponent or their sensitivities. Fi and its users can be strong at times whilst Fe users would lose a lot for the sake of group harmony.
    While I can agree with that statement full heartedly, I've began to be wimpier with my Fi as I've began to have trouble since I threw out organized religion as a source of value. I have been ready to begin a spiritual journey throughout the world a few years, now, but personal circumstance has put that on hold…

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    While I can agree with that statement full heartedly, I've began to be wimpier with my Fi as I've began to have trouble since I threw out organized religion as a source of value. I have been ready to begin a spiritual journey throughout the world a few years, now, but personal circumstance has put that on hold…
    Good call in my opinion. A vacuum of personal values would in my understanding make you temporarily more assertive as from how I would see it you would either seek to rapidly assimilate new causes and purposes in life to make up for the loss or you would be more willing to believe that nothing matters and would seek to champion it so you can feel your current position is viable.

I myself was supposed to go on a spiritual journey of my own as well - At 20 I was supposed to move to a Buddhist monastery for pleasant introspection and defence from the outside world. Then I was supposed to travel the world and never stop travelling because if I did stop I feared the world I sought to leave behind would reveal that it never left and that I could never of been free. Now at 25 I lack the passion to do either and take an indifferent approach to any such thing as a superficial excursion. It's an unfortunate position which perhaps I will try because there is nothing wrong with a superficial excursion which provides a way out from feeling hopelessly trapped.

However my circumstances for putting it on hold is myself, if I may ask what were yours?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The OP is reflective of the socionics theory. However, that theory seems think that one should get along splendidly with their anima/animus and that's neither my experience nor observation.

In my life experience, the Te attitude has been the hardest for me. Although Je in general is rough. Fe-dom aren't inclined to like me at first because I'm a woman who is not warm and outgoing. ENFJs can be an exception sometimes. In any case, I feel major projection from these types, and I probably project onto them too. I do get along with individuals of these types, but I often have to overcome prejudice. Since ESxJs are a huge chunk of the population that has given me an uphill battle with people and first impressions.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The OP is reflective of the socionics theory. However, that theory seems think that one should get along splendidly with their anima/animus and that's neither my experience nor observation.

In my life experience, the Te attitude has been the hardest for me. Although Je in general is rough. Fe-dom aren't inclined to like me at first because I'm a woman who is not warm and outgoing. ENFJs can be an exception sometimes. In any case, I feel major projection from these types, and I probably project onto them too. I do get along with individuals of these types, but I often have to overcome prejudice. Since ESxJs are a huge chunk of the population that has given me an uphill battle with people and first impressions.
    Fortunately, theory and practice are two different things.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Good call in my opinion. A vacuum of personal values would in my understanding make you temporarily more assertive as from how I would see it you would either seek to rapidly assimilate new causes and purposes in life to make up for the loss or you would be more willing to believe that nothing matters and would seek to champion it so you can feel your current position is viable.

I myself was supposed to go on a spiritual journey of my own as well - At 20 I was supposed to move to a Buddhist monastery for pleasant introspection and defence from the outside world. Then I was supposed to travel the world and never stop travelling because if I did stop I feared the world I sought to leave behind would reveal that it never left and that I could never of been free. Now at 25 I lack the passion to do either and take an indifferent approach to any such thing as a superficial excursion. It's an unfortunate position which perhaps I will try because there is nothing wrong with a superficial excursion which provides a way out from feeling hopelessly trapped.

However my circumstances for putting it on hold is myself, if I may ask what were yours?
    With me, it is because I'm still a minor. I began to question the values I was raised with about five years ago, and back then, I decided to someday get things straightened out.

So far, I haven't made much progress, and went back to trying to reaccept the old values a few times, but never could.

I was in what many would call a cult. I was born into it.

I am a social outcast from being in it in the past and I can't quite put my full trust in any philosophy. I am very insecure and unsure of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    With me, it is because I'm still a minor. I began to question the values I was raised with about five years ago, and back then, I decided to someday get things straightened out.

So far, I haven't made much progress, and went back to trying to reaccept the old values a few times, but never could.

I was in what many would call a cult. I was born into it.

I am a social outcast from being in it in the past and I can't quite put my full trust in any philosophy. I am very insecure and unsure of myself.
    I see. Which cult? I don't think you will be able to go back unless you can find new relevance in the old ways. If you relive something solely for the sake of nostalgia eventually your NeFi will rebel. If you're looking for a philosophy I would suggest existentialism or nihilism. They may be initially hard to swallow but they don't require much commitment and you can approach them with an open or closed mind and achieve the same result.

In the end just stand still for a moment and listen to what your Fi wants. It should be honest enough and then you have the option to do what it wants or not. If you're alienated from your family then it may bias the result so keep that in mind.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I see. Which cult? I don't think you will be able to go back unless you can find new relevance in the old ways. If you relive something solely for the sake of nostalgia eventually your NeFi will rebel. If you're looking for a philosophy I would suggest existentialism or nihilism. They may be initially hard to swallow but they don't require much commitment and you can approach them with an open or closed mind and achieve the same result.

In the end just stand still for a moment and listen to what your Fi wants. It should be honest enough and then you have the option to do what it wants or not. If you're alienated from your family then it may bias the result so keep that in mind.
    Really, though, my mother drug me back into it a couple of times. She hasn't broken free, yet.

Nihilism sounds dreadful, though I came to that conclusion a few times. Existentialism feels a little better.

I won't be truly free until I can move off.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I'd say the follow functions conflict the most:

Fi and Fe
    Te and Ti
    Ti and Fi
    Both Ne and Ni vs. Si
    why Ti & Fi but not Te & Fe?
    or are you just not in a position to experience much of the later?

also at this point, wouldn't it make more sense to list the functions that don't conflict?

i don't think i ever had a conflict with an SP's Se. i may have had conflicts with NJ's inferior Se, but i am still not sure if that's correct to attribute it to so.