First 34567 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    I don't think Ti and Fi conflict. My best friends are usually INTPs. -- however, this is very accurate. Confusing and irritating though are two completely different things.
    Maybe.

In full disclosure, I'm super-annoyed at my ESFP ex right now because she's acting like she wants to get back together (and being kind of flirty) after dumping me because I gave off too many "negative vibes" that she can't help but absorb. (Only empathetic Fi is allowed to have emotions, I suppose.) I suppose she sees me as relationship material again now that I'm in a better mood, but I can't figure out why empathetic Fi can't understand that maybe I don't want to date someone who only finds me acceptable as long as I submerge my negative aspects. That's um, not what commitment means. Maybe I'm an annoying robot, but I do seem to better understand commitment. Also, she tolerated my inquisitiveness, rather than appreciated it.

And, I'm not sure how any of that is relevant to this thread, but if I'm unusually anti-Fi, that may illustrate why.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Fe is weird…

Especially in males, which often use it to bully males that use Fi…

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    And, both Tarantino and Farlane strike me more as Se doms than Ne doms. Perhaps Farlane might be a Ne dom, but I doubt Tarantino. The kind of movies he gets the most excited about is stuff like low-budget kung fu movies that don't have a lot of, stuff that seems to be more appealing to Se interests than Ne interests.
    That's because he's a 7. His style is the epitome of Ne; mixing and matching elements from completely different genres into one film.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Fe is weird…

Especially in males, which often use it to bully males that use Fi…
    It's just training, making them stronger. Fi can be a little wimpy.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've seen the conflict with Fi and Fe and also Si and Se, and perhaps a little bit with Ti and Te just as competitive, but not with Ni and Ne.

That makes me curious, because I'm a pretty strong Ni-dom and I feel completely at home with Ne-doms in most cases. I feel like they create a perfect balance in an indulgent way that is just too much fun. Ne feels almost like a guilty pleasure so it could even be my favorite function.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    No one can deny the reality of your experiences, but one can not generalize based on a single person.
    There you go again - making sense. So annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Speaking of contrasting functions, how about the opposite? Yesterday i went out with a bunch of people etc including an ISFJ girl who kept asking me excruciatingly boring questions (imagine the ISFJ girl from Girls)...and I've been told that she's really fond of me, although I find her so boring..... she's also not the first Si-dom that I think about that gets fascinated with my 'brain'

So.... do you think Si-doms love Ne-doms? And maybe other combinations are true? For instance I don't know...Ni would be fascinated by Se? In the same vein that the introverted side of a function hates the extroverted (like Fi towards Fe) then to kinda balance it out the introverted opposite would love the extroverted opposite? I don't know if I'm talking bullshit here...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    So.... do you think Si-doms love Ne-doms? And maybe other combinations are true? For instance I don't know...Ni would be fascinated by Se? In the same vein that the introverted side of a function hates the extroverted (like Fi towards Fe) then to kinda balance it out the introverted opposite would love the extroverted opposite? I don't know if I'm talking bullshit here...
    I think that can happen. I've heard that lots of INFJ girls are attracted to 'bad-boy' Se-doms. I've met Se-doms before, and there's something alluring and exciting about them. I don't think it will necessarily work out in real life, though, but I can definitely see the attraction.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Society

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I'm a pretty strong Ni-dom and I feel completely at home with Ne-doms in most cases.
    i could probably say the same - the manifestation of the conflicts are only in the long term decision making, so i wouldn't really put them the same as lets say Fi/Ti conflicts, which in contrast can be right in your face - with miserable misinterpretations and communication failures all around.

but the interesting bit comes when you add this:
    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I've seen the conflict with Fi and Fe and also Si and Se
    i noticed the common conservative thought around typology communities is that judgmental functions conflict, perception functions complement (which is why you have the NFP/NTJ & NTP/NFJ fetish threads popping up from time to time).

so looking at it from the other direction: how do you see Si & Se conflicting?

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    It's just training, making them stronger. Fi can be a little wimpy.
    That is a little black and white. I would not say it is wimpy, there are just not many battles worth fighting. In the end its an Fe user who would use tact for the sake of tact whilst during a value violation incident Fi users would not give a fuck about their opponent or their sensitivities. Fi and its users can be strong at times whilst Fe users would lose a lot for the sake of group harmony.