User Tag List

First 12345 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You have no idea how satisfying this can be.
    This was the dynamic with my INTJ ex lover. It was really interesting, to look at things from different perspectives I wouldn't have imagined; but he did it all the time and just picked my thoughts apart for the fun of it, and it got obnoxious and made my brain hurt. Like Ti wants to synthesize into a nice little structure and Ni wants to destroy the structure and paint a picture with it. And I would do it to him too- he would say something he thought was meaningful and clever and I would be like, 'please explain x, y, and z, because your idea doesn't fit with known laws of reality/linguistic structure' and he'd be like 'that's not the point.'

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Oh believe me, INFJs can do this too.
    But it's a natural talent and as @Coriolis said, You have no idea how satisfying it can be.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    But it's a natural talent and as @Coriolis said, You have no idea how satisfying it can be.
    Don't worry, I find it charming at times. I was just pointing out the fact that, oh god yes INJs love to do this.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    How do you form theories about the world if you can't speculate?
    I tried to get that through my doctor's skull. I explained something to him and he responded with: "That's mere speculation." So? What's wrong with speculation? He's a bean counter. That's why he and I clash. Pure and simple.

I've always been fond of Einstein's comment: "Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted."

INTPs are bullies?
    Being sarcastic is my natural state.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis
    Functions do not operate in a vacuum. How well people with these pairs of dom functions get along will have much to do with their other functions
    Stop making sense. It's annoying.
    Last edited by Jaguar; 07-17-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You have no idea how satisfying this can be.
    I can imagine. What could be better than to widen someone's perspective from a narrow corridor into an open-ended vortex?

Besides for some there may also be a rush of superiority in this as well, to deconstruct a person's process who presents their thoughts with an idle certainty they have yet to prove or warrant.

I get that a lot when people throw out the word 'should'....even against myself when I do it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Possibly, but I think it's more of a temporary thing rather than a fundamental incompatibility.

I think INTJs and INTPs can develop a mutual respect, but it takes time. I'm thinking of an INTJ coworker I clashed with at first; we eventually developed that mutual respect, I think. We have somewhat different strengths, but they are both very useful for things that we would probably agree are important.
    Not INTP and INTJ, but INTP and ENTJ or ESTJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I want to agree with what Coriolis said about this being too simplistic, but I do have a strong history of love/hate with Fe-doms. More so than with any other types. And as weird as this may sound, my first depressive episode as a child stemmed from an aversion to what I eventually found out could be summed up as Fe. As I grow older and understand it better, the conflict has minimized, but I still feel more at home with Fi users.

I think I make people with strong Fe uneasy, too, which I genuinely feel bad about. My communication style is unpredictable; one day I'm adapting perfectly well, and other days I come across as indifferent and arrogant. Which I sometimes am , but more often it's just that I don't feel like being effusive or chatty.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I want to agree with what Coriolis said about this being too simplistic, but I do have a strong history of love/hate with Fe-doms. More so than with any other types. And as weird as this may sound, my first depressive episode as a child stemmed from an aversion to what I eventually found out could be summed up as Fe. As I grow older and understand it better, the conflict has minimized, but I still feel more at home with Fi users.

I think I make people with strong Fe uneasy, too, which I genuinely feel bad about. My communication style is unpredictable; one day I'm adapting perfectly well, and other days I come across as indifferent and arrogant. Which I sometimes am , but more often it's just that I don't feel like being effusive or chatty.
    So you agree with Coriolis's claim that my theory is "simplistic," yet your experience agrees with part of it.

Every theory is simplistic. However, that does not disprove or counter any theory. All psychology is simplistic relative to the infinite complexity of the human mind.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Ti and Fi conflict the most, possibly out of any possible pairing. agggh.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"But, for our 'scientifically' orientated consciousness, the difference between the two modes of thinking becomes still more obvious when the subjectively orientated thinking makes an attempt to bring objective data into connections not objectively given, i.e., to subordinate them to a subjective idea. Either senses the other as an encroachment, and hence a sort of shadow effect is produced, wherein either type reveals to the other its least favorable aspect. The subjectively orientated thinking then appears quite arbitrary, while the extraverted thinking seems to have an incommensurability that is altogether dull and banal. Thus the two standpoints are incessantly at war."
    Psychological Types, 432-3