123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Ahem. Maybe I AM an INFP ...

This is rocking my world. A friend whose opinion I respect asked me for the link to a video I made, for purposes of examining my type, and came back with the announcement that she saw Fi Ne, indisputably. I was like, have you been talking to Vicky Jo? lol But I watched it as well and I can't argue -- those people are exactly like me. It's too rich, isn't it?
    What does everybody know about CT? Opinions on validity?
    http://cognitivetype.com/visualreading/

If this is true, I've been mistyped for decades.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh how exciting!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Whoo-hoo! I tend to ride the edge of the two types on tests. It's my way of living dangerously.

Anyhoo, whatever you are is awesome!
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Ginkgo

That would interest me. I've always seen you as an atypical INFJ. Not that you wouldn't have been an INFJ in my eyes, just in the far reaches of the range. Even though you aren't, despite your self-typing as a 4, you seem more counter-phobic, which is uncommon for INFJs. I've kind of lumped you into a similar category with @SilkRoad, but she's been less less reactive and more catalytic with her thread starting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It may just be a matter of enneagram 4, especially the "sad face" stuff.

Although the "Ni stare" is dead-on, from my observations of Ni-dom.

Still - DiCaprio, an INFJ?

Personally, I don't do child-like or giddy smiles nor do I think I appear "spritely", but some of the INFP stuff seems right. I gesture wildly when excited like my ISFJ mom, and I wonder how much of this can be attributed to type & not family/cultural influences.

As a side - what type would Tilda Swinton be, according to this? I type her as INFP and find her rather relatable. I notice she looks down a lot, has matter-of-fact articulation, lots of blinking, head swings, and mouth tension. She lacks the giddiness & breathy voice, which is more like myself (although I have a young voice, but I know what they mean about breathy/childlike as I've heard it in many other INFPs). Fiona Apple might be another good example of an INFP like that, but she does the giddy smile sometimes.

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Could you show an example of this? What video would you show for Ni-dom use of the eyes.

Oh, and @Tiltyred, do you have a link to a video of your speaking and mannerisms?
    (from Blue Velvet)

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Still - DiCaprio, an INFJ?

Personally, I don't do child-like or giddy smiles nor do I think I appear "spritely", but some of the INFP stuff seems right. I gesture wildly when excited like my ISFJ mom, and I wonder how much of this can be attributed to type & not family/cultural influences.

As a side - what type would Tilda Swinton be, according to this? I type her as INFP and find her rather relatable. I notice she looks down a lot, has matter-of-fact articulation, lots of blinking, head swings, and mouth tension. She lacks the giddiness & breathy voice, which is more like myself (although I have a young voice, but I know what they mean about breathy/childlike as I've heard it in many other INFPs). Fiona Apple might be another good example of an INFP like that, but she does the giddy smile sometimes.

VISUAL IDENTIFICATION!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Could you show an example of this? What video would you show for Ni-dom use of the eyes.

Oh, and @Tiltyred, do you have a link to a video of your speaking and mannerisms?
    The video on that site shows some (NOT DiCaprio). Cate Blanchett is generally a good example of an INFJ demeanor, IMO. She does the Ni stare a lot, although not constantly.

That site is not working now... but IMO, some of their typings are wrong & they seem to cherry pick interviews (ie. Blanchett, IMO, is INFJ, yet in some interviews she does blunt head shakes like FiTe types supposed mannerisms and blinks a lot like Si types are supposed to).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    VISUAL IDENTIFICATION!!!
    What else is there to talk about here?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Before derailing this too much, I think it could be extremely interesting for people to post videos of INFPs and INFJs to examine mannerisms and the range for each type. I think there may be some type of overlap, but also some distinctions. This is a really fresh approach because we focus so much on text online. I may start that and clips posted here could also be posted there. What do you think?
    (from Blue Velvet)