• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ahem. Maybe I AM an INFP ...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Enjoyed the video - first off, those heather colors look lovely on you, and you have fabulous hair!

My thoughts:

1.) you feel like Meryl Streep to me, some of your expressions are so similar and adorable ...
2.) you certainly do feel like enneagram 4! (which, I think you are, as I recall ...)
3.) your eyes seem more Ni to me than Fi though ... why? because to me Ni eyes don't feel tethered to the moment, there's always this sense of space in them (sorry can't explain that better)
4.) that being said, you do seem more connected to the moment (in this video) than the Ni doms I know - are you sx-dom? It would explain to me the fuller sense of groundedness I get from your eyes ... or maybe it's because you are talking about a real-world thing? It would be interesting to watch you talk about something more vague ... see what you look like then.
5.) I don't see any Ne in this video at all - the shirt and makeup are all about constructing a look, putting a package together, synthesizing down to create overall effect. Which to me, seems Ni.

But, that being said, you do have a independence that feels like it could be Fi-based ... you do have some of that 'baby-innocent-doe-eyes' Fi stuff going on, even if that misses the mark for other Fi-doms. And to argue the opposite side further, you don't seem to go all Ni - Ti on here ... I don't see posts from you like I see from the other Ni - Fe folks. But again, they often resonate with what you say, seeing you as the person who says it the way they wish they could or would if they took the 'filter' off.

I think the biggest reason though why I might not imagine INFP for you as a type is not in the vid though - there just seems little on the forum you have resonated with that's come from an INFP. When an INFP tries to explain that INFP vantage point, it feels like you just can't see from that perspective. So, from that experience, I do question you being an INFP.

From all that, I still vote INFJ for you. Hope that helps!

eta: I do think you can type people by look and mannerisms, but only loosely and it doesn't take into account a lot of personal contextual data (upbringing, culture, self-confidence, personal trauma etc.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i completely agree that it can be read visually. my bf and i do this all the time...i mean it's just part of reading people in general.

i really wish the videos wold play for me. that site looks so interesting.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
That visual types website doesn't work for me :(. Good chrome keeps giving me the oops! page.

I think the site must have bad servers. Or they are somehow very very far away from me.

I'm having the same issue. I want to see that page, too.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Its been said that dicaprio is ESTP 6.

Tilda swinton has also been suggested as Fi Ne, which I'll agree with. She has a kind of ESTJ Te coldness in her eyes despite her warm personality.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks, Peacebaby. I really appreciate your taking the time.

I dunno ... it's a shame we can't see the website so we can learn their ideas about visual typing. I should probably submit my video to them and let them analyze it, if the site ever comes back up.

It's possible -- actually probable -- that their ideas of the functions are different than the ones we know, and that MBTI and their four letter terms are not interchangeable.

I've never been entirely sure of my stacking. SX is certainly possible and I would have said it without hesitation when I was younger.

This is all very disorienting. Between Vicky Jo telling me I use Ne, and my friend telling me I exactly match FiNe videos, but then folks here saying I don't seem FiNe but am also different from other INFJs ... *WAIL* I don't know who I am anymore! FWIW, my Fi/Fe scores are usually within 1 point or so of each other.

Thanks, Peacebaby. I really appreciate your taking the time.

I dunno ... it's a shame we can't see the website so we can learn their ideas about visual typing. I should probably submit my video to them and let them analyze it, if the site ever comes back up.

It's possible -- actually probable -- that their ideas of the functions are different than the ones we know, and that MBTI and their four letter terms are not interchangeable.

I've never been entirely sure of my stacking. SX is certainly possible and I would have said it without hesitation when I was younger.

The forum itself is up even though the link you provided doesn't work. Here is a functioning link.
This is a list of the visual cues they use to read people.

They did type me NiTe though, which I'm pretty sure is not correct, so IDK, but maybe the right functions are there? They initially suggest FiSe with strong Ni but then decided that my Ni looks stronger than my (albeit strong) Fi.

So you may not agree with what they give you, but they do explain their rationale clearly, which is nice.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, excellent!

So ... what do you get out of that? Does it benefit you in any way?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The forum itself is up even though the link you provided doesn't work. Here is a functioning link.
This is a list of the visual cues they use to read people.

They did type me NiTe though, which I'm pretty sure is not correct, so IDK, but maybe the right functions are there? They initially suggest FiSe with strong Ni but then decided that my Ni looks stronger than my (albeit strong) Fi.

So you may not agree with what they give you, but they do explain their rationale clearly, which is nice.

oh that's interesting...you can submit a video and they'll type you? i wonder if the old one i did for the thread here would work...i don't wanna do it again....i did seem rather i in that video tho...kinda...i think...actually i can't remember.

Oh, excellent!

So ... what do you get out of that? Does it benefit you in any way?

It impinged on my peace of mind to have my self-typing challenged yet again so I decided not to think too hard about it. :alttongue:

I think it's interesting and potentially useful to try to connect abstract concepts to physical stuff. I just don't know how to verify that the right connections are being made. I think they might be on to something as far as the recognition of functions is concerned, particularly the perceiving functions, but function order is still harder to determine in this system, IMO.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This document is helpful.
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...JDIX_5uoI/edit?pli=1#slide=id.gaddc8006_2_162

Does anybody know of an actress who is INFP sx that I could look at?

ETA: According to that document, I'm FiNe, and the reason (@Peacebaby) that INFJs often resonate with what I say, seeing me as the person who says it the way they wish they could or would if they took the 'filter' off, is that I'm employing Te, which my friend says I use as a defense mechanism when I'm feeling too vulnerable, which feels exactly accurate to me, actually. That may also be why that sort of thing wears me completely out. I dislike conflict extremely. I'll fight if I feel like I have to, but it takes a lot out of me.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The site worked, and then it froze my computer, and when I rebooted, it didn't work anymore. Any luck yet for anyone else who can't see it? Thanks for the alternate links.

Weird aside, but I really enjoy how the descriptions are written. It reminds me of how I describe people and feelings.

Which means that the warmth of Fi will not be radiating outwardly. Instead it will swell within the person and sometimes leak through their body accidentally.
The eyes of the Ne/Si sit more casually in their sockets and have a childlike innocence to them.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never got an INFP vibe from her, more like INJF. She feels kind of foreign to me, and I've never had that feeling with INFPs.
Not meaning to be rude, but I also don't get INFP vibes from you. Sometimes your posts are a bit on the assertive side and you have made me feel like I have to walk on eggs-shells around you, which is something I've never felt from INFPs. INFPs also have a softness and non-confrontational side to them that I don't feel around you. I'm not sure how to explain this, but it's an instinct that I feel quite strongly.

Are you sure these are not mainly enneagram 9s? Because INFP e9s seem that way, but I frequently find INFP e4s more similar to myself (online & offline, and they relate to me as well). I've heard other people say a certain breed of INFP, generally e4s, make them feel like they walk on eggshells (some idea of there being value mind-bombs).

I own to being temperamental, but it takes a lot for me to lash out or hold a grudge, and I don't dislike people over differing opinions. I guess I am more comfortable with conflict than some INFPs, but only if I see some value in it or it's like a final straw situation. I'll avoid confrontation if I feel I will become emotional, because I don't like to be display emotion much in any public way. But I can get passive in certain situations less out of fear of confrontation than out of a sense of being demanding or pushy or petty (which I dislike to be). I probably don't seem "soft", but I don't know too many e4s who do. Besides Tilda, I'd say I relate to other famous people such as Morrissey, Fiona Apple or Johnny Depp, all likely INFP e4s, IMO (& I've rethought Morrissey's type and back to INFP for him, not INFJ).

What type do I vibe as to you? Few question my type, so I'm just curious.

For the record, ENFPs in person & online don't feel foreign to me. There are many who type e4 who say a lot that resonates very strongly with me. [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is an example of that. I feel pretty home in INFP forums & get a lot of positive feedback regarding how I articulate an INFP perspective in a way that resonates with other INFPs very strongly. I also have several INFP friends who I see a similar thinking style with & have many shared behavioral patterns, but when e9, yes, they have a softer demeanor & I am more aloof, which tends to make people uneasy as they don't know how to read me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's worth noting that ISFJs have the same interaction style as IxFPs & INTPs, meaning they may seem rather P-ish for a Je-aux type at times. I personally think most mistyped INFJs are probably ISFJ or ENFJ, less so INFPs.

Also, INFJ e9s may have a more Pe-vibe in demeanor, for rather obvious reasons I won't elaborate on (that may be said of all e9s who are J types). I think enneagram affects "vibe" a lot, which is why this visual typing generally amounts to.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That visual types website doesn't work for me :(. Good chrome keeps giving me the oops! page.

I think the site must have bad servers. Or they are somehow very very far away from me.
Me too. Wtf? Effing internet.

Although I can say without reading the page that many of the things you have mentioned with Fi I have seen in my INFJ friend and others. I don't think you can type people this way because you just can't say everyone of a type has these certain features. There's too much variation. Usually I don't like saying you can't categorize things or make generalizations, but I think it really is true in a lot of cases. I do think there are patterns and trends, but nothing is absolute and you can't say someone is for sure one type or not a type based on that alone.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This document is helpful.
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...JDIX_5uoI/edit?pli=1#slide=id.gaddc8006_2_162

Does anybody know of an actress who is INFP sx that I could look at?

ETA: According to that document, I'm FiNe, and the reason (@Peacebaby) that INFJs often resonate with what I say, seeing me as the person who says it the way they wish they could or would if they took the 'filter' off, is that I'm employing Te, which my friend says I use as a defense mechanism when I'm feeling too vulnerable, which feels exactly accurate to me, actually. That may also be why that sort of thing wears me completely out. I dislike conflict extremely. I'll fight if I feel like I have to, but it takes a lot out of me.

I can't think of an actress besides Tilda (who I think is INFP, but e4 sp/sx or maybe e5), but I think Fiona Apple is INFP 4 sx/sp. She fits that site's analysis, but IMO, is more on-edge &/or firm than gentle, even though still possessing clear vulnerability.

On an INFP forum, many INFP posters related to her in these videos:

---

That "CognitiveType VR Premier Transcript" is interesting... Pi is most foreign to me, but I surprisingly relate to Je, however, I think the ideas is whether gesticulation is conscious or not and I don't think it is for me. I never realized I gestured a lot until others pointed it out & then I felt embarrassed (but now I've sunk back into oblivion & no one has teased me for it). I do like some contrived gesture when melodramatic, like faux swooning or hand-over-heart.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you sure these are not mainly enneagram 9s? Because INFP e9s seem that way, but I frequently find INFP e4s more similar to myself (online & offline, and they relate to me as well). I've heard other people say a certain breed of INFP, generally e4s, make them feel like they walk on eggshells (some idea of there being value mind-bombs).

I own to being temperamental, but it takes a lot for me to lash out or hold a grudge, and I don't dislike people over differing opinions. I guess I am more comfortable with conflict than some INFPs, but only if I see some value in it or it's like a final straw situation. I'll avoid confrontation if I feel I will become emotional, because I don't like to be display emotion much in any public way. But I can get passive in certain situations less out of fear of confrontation than out of a sense of being demanding or pushy or petty (which I dislike to be). I probably don't seem "soft", but I don't know too many e4s who do. Besides Tilda, I'd say I relate to other famous people such as Morrissey, Fiona Apple or Johnny Depp, all likely INFP e4s, IMO (& I've rethought Morrissey's type and back to INFP for him, not INFJ).

What type do I vibe as to you? Few question my type, so I'm just curious.

For the record, ENFPs in person & online don't feel foreign to me. There are many who type e4 who say a lot that resonates very strongly with me. [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is an example of that. I feel pretty home in INFP forums & get a lot of positive feedback regarding how I articulate an INFP perspective in a way that resonates with other INFPs very strongly. I also have several INFP friends who I see a similar thinking style with & have many shared behavioral patterns, but when e9, yes, they have a softer demeanor & I am more aloof, which tends to make people uneasy as they don't know how to read me.

i'm sorry, i think i have to apologize , because i may have confused you with another INFP who has the picture of a black woman as profile...what's her name? i thought it was you and that you'd changed your profile picture to tilda swindon. that means i don't know anymore how to tell the two of you apart, and i have no idea if the feelings i'd collected from reading your posts over time were actually directed to her or you....so please forgive me and pretend like i never made comments about your type.
but i still dont get an INFP vibe from tilda swindon (and i do from fiona apple, btw). it's not something i can explain!? she seems quite cold and detached but at the same time that her emotions are focused outwards.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't think of an actress besides Tilda (who I think is INFP, but e4 sp/sx or maybe e5), but I think Fiona Apple is INFP 4 sx/sp. She fits that site's analysis, but IMO, is more on-edge &/or firm than gentle, even though still possessing clear vulnerability.

On an INFP forum, many INFP posters related to her in these videos:
I love Fiona and can definitely see Fi-dom in her, but I literally relate to everything she says about music and her social feelings. I literally do the same things and am motivated the same way with music. It is the only way I make connections with people and I set up improvisations that have complete social ease. The main difference for myself is that I had more plans about what I wanted to be in the future.

Is there any chance she is an ISFP? She talks so much about being in the moment with sound and feeling, that she feels like she must have some strong Se in her much moreso than Ne and Si. I'm around a lot of Si-dom musicians and they feel different. They tend to be perfectionists in sound and have some trouble with improvisation because it can turn out to be a mess sometimes and it's harder to recreate an internal standard unless you have done it for years.

Her demeanor also has that relaxed, gentle quality, but she is energized by what she loves. I don't see any edgyness like in the Tilda video clips, but instead with Fiona it is enthusiasm. I agree with the e4 sx/sp descriptions.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION], thanks so much! The only thing I did not identify with 100 percent in those two Fiona Apple videos is the content of the essays she used to write -- she said she would write what she believed Love is, etc., like, statement papers, or personal articles of faith. I wrote constantly in high school but it was more my private opinions about things that had happened to me, people around me, observations about interactions, and then, of course, poetry. The music stuff I understand absolutely what she's talking about, and several times got shocks of recognition and chills, briefly, from what she said. I talk just like that when I'm very excited about the content of what I'm saying.

I think one of the main things I disagree with in the Fi/Fe wars is the idea that a formulaic way of speaking or interacting is a priori fake, like, not seeing the value of Fe ways of social interacting in that they're a shorthand that enables you to express something without being too personal, like, they're a symbol, which works really well as a bridge so you can communicate with people who are not in your inner circle and don't really want to know/would not be comfortable if you spilled your guts with the specifics and the details of how you felt as an individual, your personal experience, etc., if that makes sense. Social rituals are a way to keep a light connection but still maintain a comfortable distance from people who are not in your inner circle. That concept in general seems antithetical to Fi and makes INFPs kick and scream about phonies. But I was talking with my friend about this -- while I appreciate Fe ways to some extent, I don't actually employ them. I don't do anything social, I don't belong to any groups, don't go to church, don't belong to clubs, don't talk to anyone to whom I can't speak in a personal way or share personally about a subject, that's how much I hate impersonal interaction -- I just don't do it -- I would rather not interact at all. I dunno, that seems as much INFJ as INFP, come to think of it, maybe I'm rambling.

ETA: The other main difference has to do with time -- being in the moment, or carrying history while being in the moment and projecting into the future. INFPs here tend (as well as I have understood it, anyway) to see every interaction as a new thing, while I see every interaction as a development of an already established thing, further proof of a certain mechanism, rather than a brand new revelation. So I have developed this idea about connectedness being absent from INFP, that events and interactions appear as random iterations that have to be figured out new every time, rather than their being exhibitions of a pattern already understood.

Anyway, thanks for that example.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain-you might be infp
if you're not into yoga-than probably not infp
if you have half a brain-any type.

I dunno but when i clicked this thread that's the song that popped into my head.