468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Thanks, prpl.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Enjoyed the video - first off, those heather colors look lovely on you, and you have fabulous hair!

My thoughts:

1.) you feel like Meryl Streep to me, some of your expressions are so similar and adorable ...
    2.) you certainly do feel like enneagram 4! (which, I think you are, as I recall ...)
    3.) your eyes seem more Ni to me than Fi though ... why? because to me Ni eyes don't feel tethered to the moment, there's always this sense of space in them (sorry can't explain that better)
    4.) that being said, you do seem more connected to the moment (in this video) than the Ni doms I know - are you sx-dom? It would explain to me the fuller sense of groundedness I get from your eyes ... or maybe it's because you are talking about a real-world thing? It would be interesting to watch you talk about something more vague ... see what you look like then.
    5.) I don't see any Ne in this video at all - the shirt and makeup are all about constructing a look, putting a package together, synthesizing down to create overall effect. Which to me, seems Ni.

But, that being said, you do have a independence that feels like it could be Fi-based ... you do have some of that 'baby-innocent-doe-eyes' Fi stuff going on, even if that misses the mark for other Fi-doms. And to argue the opposite side further, you don't seem to go all Ni - Ti on here ... I don't see posts from you like I see from the other Ni - Fe folks. But again, they often resonate with what you say, seeing you as the person who says it the way they wish they could or would if they took the 'filter' off.

I think the biggest reason though why I might not imagine INFP for you as a type is not in the vid though - there just seems little on the forum you have resonated with that's come from an INFP. When an INFP tries to explain that INFP vantage point, it feels like you just can't see from that perspective. So, from that experience, I do question you being an INFP.

From all that, I still vote INFJ for you. Hope that helps!

eta: I do think you can type people by look and mannerisms, but only loosely and it doesn't take into account a lot of personal contextual data (upbringing, culture, self-confidence, personal trauma etc.)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i completely agree that it can be read visually. my bf and i do this all the time...i mean it's just part of reading people in general.

i really wish the videos wold play for me. that site looks so interesting.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That visual types website doesn't work for me . Good chrome keeps giving me the oops! page.

I think the site must have bad servers. Or they are somehow very very far away from me.
    I'm having the same issue. I want to see that page, too.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Its been said that dicaprio is ESTP 6.

Tilda swinton has also been suggested as Fi Ne, which I'll agree with. She has a kind of ESTJ Te coldness in her eyes despite her warm personality.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Thanks, Peacebaby. I really appreciate your taking the time.

I dunno ... it's a shame we can't see the website so we can learn their ideas about visual typing. I should probably submit my video to them and let them analyze it, if the site ever comes back up.

It's possible -- actually probable -- that their ideas of the functions are different than the ones we know, and that MBTI and their four letter terms are not interchangeable.

I've never been entirely sure of my stacking. SX is certainly possible and I would have said it without hesitation when I was younger.

This is all very disorienting. Between Vicky Jo telling me I use Ne, and my friend telling me I exactly match FiNe videos, but then folks here saying I don't seem FiNe but am also different from other INFJs ... *WAIL* I don't know who I am anymore! FWIW, my Fi/Fe scores are usually within 1 point or so of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Thanks, Peacebaby. I really appreciate your taking the time.

I dunno ... it's a shame we can't see the website so we can learn their ideas about visual typing. I should probably submit my video to them and let them analyze it, if the site ever comes back up.

It's possible -- actually probable -- that their ideas of the functions are different than the ones we know, and that MBTI and their four letter terms are not interchangeable.

I've never been entirely sure of my stacking. SX is certainly possible and I would have said it without hesitation when I was younger.
    The forum itself is up even though the link you provided doesn't work. Here is a functioning link.
    This is a list of the visual cues they use to read people.

They did type me NiTe though, which I'm pretty sure is not correct, so IDK, but maybe the right functions are there? They initially suggest FiSe with strong Ni but then decided that my Ni looks stronger than my (albeit strong) Fi.

So you may not agree with what they give you, but they do explain their rationale clearly, which is nice.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Oh, excellent!

So ... what do you get out of that? Does it benefit you in any way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    The forum itself is up even though the link you provided doesn't work. Here is a functioning link.
    This is a list of the visual cues they use to read people.

They did type me NiTe though, which I'm pretty sure is not correct, so IDK, but maybe the right functions are there? They initially suggest FiSe with strong Ni but then decided that my Ni looks stronger than my (albeit strong) Fi.

So you may not agree with what they give you, but they do explain their rationale clearly, which is nice.
    oh that's interesting...you can submit a video and they'll type you? i wonder if the old one i did for the thread here would work...i don't wanna do it again....i did seem rather i in that video tho...kinda...i think...actually i can't remember.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Oh, excellent!

So ... what do you get out of that? Does it benefit you in any way?
    It impinged on my peace of mind to have my self-typing challenged yet again so I decided not to think too hard about it.

I think it's interesting and potentially useful to try to connect abstract concepts to physical stuff. I just don't know how to verify that the right connections are being made. I think they might be on to something as far as the recognition of functions is concerned, particularly the perceiving functions, but function order is still harder to determine in this system, IMO.