User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It's on my facebook page. I'll make it public for a bit. Understand that I made this for a specific audience and it's toe-curlingly horrible and makes me cringe in SO many ways, but I will show it for the sake of science.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
    Please come back here to comment, rather than on my fb page. thx

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    It's on my facebook page. I'll make it public for a bit. Understand that I made this for a specific audience and it's toe-curlingly horrible and makes me cringe in SO many ways, but I will show it for the sake of science.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
    Please come back here to comment, rather than on my fb page. thx
    There is definitely a softness to your manner that can be associated with P types. Your manner reminds me of my ex sister-in-law who was either INFJ or ISFJ. The content of what you are talking about is so topic specific that it doesn't contribute to figuring out cognitive functions. I've never analyzed your posts for what type you are. I think that you have a broad range of context for accepting people that seems adaptable to me like Fe but I was always assuming you to be INFJ, so I can't really say. It was cool to see though. I don't have a conclusive impression from it other than that you could really be either type.

Have you seen my video clip? I'm rather droopy as a person.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It's late and I'm tired so I'm just copying over our chat and you can read my friend's impressions -- she knows me well online and we've spent considerable time together in person as well.

10:43pm
    Friend
    As I kind of suspected, I see Fi-dom pretty loud and clear to me. Your smile move up more than out, and is often expressed asymmetrically. The other function I spotted out was Si, many instances of "excessive blinking". So essentially, hypthosized CT type therefore can only be FiNe.

10:44pm
    Friend
    Plus the voice, the sweetest gentlest breathy Fi voice, which we knew.

10:49pm
    Tiltyred
    NO
    This cannot be.
    NiFe!!
    Socionics IEI

11:00pm
    Friend
    I never had reason to doubt your INFJness based on what goes on in your mind, because how should I know? But these visual signals are mapped to the brain, and there it is

11:00pm
    Tiltyred
    What do you mean, "there it is"?

11:01pm
    Friend
    Well Fe doesn't cause those expressions
    These kids are so smart, grad students I guess. It's the future, we can connect what's happening on the face with zee brain

11:03pm
    Tiltyred
    You understand you're ruining my life, right? ... lol

11:03pm
    Friend
    Apologies for the mind fuck

11:04pm
    Tiltyred
    Look again. Are you sure?

11:05pm
    Friend
    Watch both types, you'll see it: http://cognitivetype.com/visualreading/
    And if you don't, the group that's put this together will assess you for free
    And maybe tell me I'm full of shit but NiFes don't really have the soft voices, gentle eyes, "bashful" smile, accidental laughter, asymmetrical expressions, cheek tension which reads as sadness leaking through...

11:11pm
    Tiltyred
    Which video of mine shows this the most?
    Also what made you decide to look at it?

11:12pm
    Friend
    I have to confess as soon as I heard the Fi expressions explained I thought of you

11:14pm
    Tiltyred
    Yeah, all those INFP people are just like me.

Friend
    Yup

Tiltyred
    I cannot believe this, srsly. For decades of my LIFE, I've been mistyped?!

11:16pm
    Tiltyred
    Which video of mine shows it most clearly?

11:17pm
    Friend
    The one where you're talking about your shirt and then makeup colors
    Watch your bubbling laughter about "rain"

12:07am
    Tiltyred
    Spritely? me?

12:08am
    Friend
    It's an otherworldly quality, I see that
    Too gentle to be real

12:08am
    Tiltyred
    *nod nod* It is known.
    I've heard this all my life.

12:09am
    Friend
    Yes, hence why I was like "oh I'm pretty sure I know someone like that"

@fia, the reason I smiled at "doe eyes" is because I've always been told I had them.

Also, you seem to have several of the same characteristics that I do, and I don't see the Ni stare ... O.o

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

That visual types website doesn't work for me . Good chrome keeps giving me the oops! page.

I think the site must have bad servers. Or they are somehow very very far away from me.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Fia, you're so lovely, and what a beautiful cat! -- Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this typing people by how they move, so I don't know what to say about your videos in that respect. But as time goes on, I guess we'll all be learning more about it, and I can come back to them. But I guess if we're to take Jane Goodall as representative of INFJ, I'm not seeing that when I watch you.

For myself, I thought it was significant that my friend saw the type and then associated it directly with me, rather than knowing me and then going looking for my type.

Alsp, she mentioned something called Unseelie Fi, which she thinks is me to a tee. Um ... see my profile pic ... :-D

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It may just be a matter of enneagram 4, especially the "sad face" stuff.

Although the "Ni stare" is dead-on, from my observations of Ni-dom.

Still - DiCaprio, an INFJ?

Personally, I don't do child-like or giddy smiles nor do I think I appear "spritely", but some of the INFP stuff seems right. I gesture wildly when excited like my ISFJ mom, and I wonder how much of this can be attributed to type & not family/cultural influences.

As a side - what type would Tilda Swinton be, according to this? I type her as INFP and find her rather relatable. I notice she looks down a lot, has matter-of-fact articulation, lots of blinking, head swings, and mouth tension. She lacks the giddiness & breathy voice, which is more like myself (although I have a young voice, but I know what they mean about breathy/childlike as I've heard it in many other INFPs). Fiona Apple might be another good example of an INFP like that, but she does the giddy smile sometimes.

I never got an INFP vibe from her, more like INJF. She feels kind of foreign to me, and I've never had that feeling with INFPs.
    Not meaning to be rude, but I also don't get INFP vibes from you. Sometimes your posts are a bit on the assertive side and you have made me feel like I have to walk on eggs-shells around you, which is something I've never felt from INFPs. INFPs also have a softness and non-confrontational side to them that I don't feel around you. I'm not sure how to explain this, but it's an instinct that I feel quite strongly.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know whether to congratulate you or console you. It must be kind of exciting though to rediscover yourself in such an easy-to-investigate way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Link to the visual typing site doesn't work for me either.
    @Tiltyred your posts usually sound very 4-ish to me, but I've always assumed you were INFJ, probably because you used to have INFJ listed.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Fia, you're so lovely, and what a beautiful cat! -- Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this typing people by how they move, so I don't know what to say about your videos in that respect. But as time goes on, I guess we'll all be learning more about it, and I can come back to them. But I guess if we're to take Jane Goodall as representative of INFJ, I'm not seeing that when I watch you.

For myself, I thought it was significant that my friend saw the type and then associated it directly with me, rather than knowing me and then going looking for my type.

Alsp, she mentioned something called Unseelie Fi, which she thinks is me to a tee. Um ... see my profile pic ... :-D
    I will be interested to learn more about it. Seeing how they map various expression to specific parts of the brain will be interesting. The issue is whether or not the MBTI functions also map to those parts of the brain which I doubt. The theory was not derived through neurological research, but instead philosophy with some observation. Everything I know about the brain does not separate these types of functions. For example, the frontal cortex will be responsible for logic and morality. There could be some emphasis on brain usages for different sensory functions but that has more to do with skill than how we process information. I'm open to the possibility of MBTI functions mapping to the brain, but my initial impression is highly doubtful that it is the case. What it will produce are categories of people with similar mannerisms who then may internally process information differently from each other. Now we have categories of people who see themselves similarly, but may be different mannerism and differences in information processing. Mannerisms result from environmental influences. Just look at the feral girl who lived with dogs. Her manners are exactly like dogs, so which type is she?

I do think placing people in to a lower resolution of 16 types creates a certain tension. It is like taking a famous portrait painting and putting it into lower resolution. Each square has to give up the specificity of its nuance and choose whatever color mostly fills that section of the painting. The result is a distortion.

Reality

MBTI categories. After this low resolution image, people's brains then add back in the details based on their experiences and assumptions about each type. The result is a lack of understanding between people. That is why it is extremely important to continually take in new data points.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    yupp

I like you, but I don't see INFP for you, don't ask me to expand.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so