• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP vs. ENTP and the way that they type words onto the screen

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm more ENTP-ish, then. :shrug:

I really think about which words I use and how I format my response, especially if I feel strongly about the topic. I only use the ENFP method when I'm angry or depressed.

Then again, I am an English major lol.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm more ENTP-ish, then. :shrug:

I really think about which words I use and how I format my response, especially if I feel strongly about the topic. I only use the ENFP method when I'm angry or depressed.

Then again, I am an English major lol.

i'd imagine any enfp that enjoys writing would take care to structure their words just so...i on the other hand just really really despise writing/typing

it truly is why you'll never see long posts from me. it's just extremely bothersome haha

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
absolutely. i don't even know what i want to say until i've said it. it comes out on the screen as quick as it would out of my mouth and in the same way. that's why the haha's too....everything is written exactly like i'd say it if you were here.

i didn't realize you all thought things through so much more. i thought it was actually an extrovert thing to spit stuff out like that....oh also...even my ellipsis abuse is because it's important to me to convey when i'm just pausing really quick...idk why.

i guess you need your logic to be concise and i need to be emotionally concise? or rather...just be authentically me.

I am totally like this. Before my phone refreshes and I have to
retype everything, I use a lot of ellipses.

Now, I do check grammar and spelling to an extent, but that's because I am a semi-professional fiction writer.

My computer has been busted since Christmas 2012, but I can't drive and mother stays busy. I got my permit when I was 15, and now I'm 17. Appearently, I'm too distractible to drive. That, however, is besides the point. I miss writing my books and publishing them, I've earned enough from odd jobs to buy a new computer, but I can't get a ride into town to get a new one…

I have been told my writing has a more tense tone when I use a phone verses a computer.

I wonder what kind of career I should pursue. My interest inventory placed me as having extremely high artistic and investigative interest. My RIASEC code is AI. I am close to being a pure Extroverted iNtuivive Feeling Perceiver. My mother wants me to be either a pharmasist or an engineer. I am not sure what I want.

There are many options out there for me. I have an academic scholorship that will allow me to make a selection of any major I choose, but I only have one shot. I've been very tense the last couple of years trying to decide a major, but I've gotten no closer to an awnser.

Anyway, I am very glad that I found this website.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, well, I definitely am very intentional about how I write. I reread... rewrite... restructure... I do it as I write and after I have written. I am acutely aware of my audience at all times, regardless of how I feel - I may not be particularly good at predicting how others will react, but I try to make my points understandable to as many as possible. I feel like there is little point in me using my time to convey a message if its "packaging" is off-putting. I do sometimes pour my emotions onto paper and then edit them over and over until they have become refined enough for me to comfortably present in public. It's a positive process because it forces me to integrate my emotional turbulence at the time with long-term reality.

Of course there are times when this holds less true, such as when I am on my phone and typing into tiny forum boxes is an exercise in frustration, or when I feel that my points have been clearly stated already and I can rip into the heart of the matter without my audience assuming I am unreasonable, or when I simply feel like making a casual point.

I can't admit I've ever thought much about ENFP/ENTP writing difference, but I've long noticed the Ti/Fe vs. Te/Fi nuances, such as the Ti "wall of text" and lower-Te tendency to bullet (ExFPs, IxFPs). It makes me laugh because it's like Ti people have a much easier time just continuing reading
and sometimes split lines instead of doing full paragraph breaks...

...whereas Te people tend to have much cleaner structure in their paragraphs, as if we struggle to follow otherwise (I sure do!).

S

Stansmith

yes for sure totally agree. anytime i've ever edited things ive written it just ends up being a completely different sentiment...it's like i can take anything in a multitude of directions so stopping to mess with it just throws it off course. haha

Lol I know right. ENTPs are just gods at just condensing all the Ne into one short cheeky sentence, I envy them for that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol I know right. ENTPs are just gods at just condensing all the Ne into one short cheeky sentence, I envy them for that.

I second that notion!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Oh, well, I definitely am very intentional about how I write. I reread... rewrite... restructure... I do it as I write and after I have written. I am acutely aware of my audience at all times, regardless of how I feel - I may not be particularly good at predicting how others will react, but I try to make my points understandable to as many as possible. I feel like there is little point in me using my time to convey a message if its "packaging" is off-putting. I do sometimes pour my emotions onto paper and then edit them over and over until they have become refined enough for me to comfortably present in public. It's a positive process because it forces me to integrate my emotional turbulence at the time with long-term reality.

Of course there are times when this holds less true, such as when I am on my phone and typing into tiny forum boxes is an exercise in frustration, or when I feel that my points have been clearly stated already and I can rip into the heart of the matter without my audience assuming I am unreasonable, or when I simply feel like making a casual point.

I can't admit I've ever thought much about ENFP/ENTP writing difference, but I've long noticed the Ti/Fe vs. Te/Fi nuances, such as the Ti "wall of text" and lower-Te tendency to bullet (ExFPs, IxFPs). It makes me laugh because it's like Ti people have a much easier time just continuing reading
and sometimes split lines instead of doing full paragraph breaks...

...whereas Te people tend to have much cleaner structure in their paragraphs, as if we struggle to follow otherwise (I sure do!).

I relate a lot to your style of typing