User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The answers given in the OP mostly come off as introverted. Valuing friends is feeling. Disorganized lifestyle is perceiving. Looking at the principles behind a new topic is intuition.

INFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The answers given in the OP mostly come off as introverted. Valuing friends is feeling. Disorganized lifestyle is perceiving. Looking at the principles behind a new topic is intuition.

INFP.
    Introverted? How so?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by opeth98 View Post
    Introverted? How so?
    "I often prefer to know what I'm getting myself into before I do it." That's introversion. You also say sometimes doing just the opposite is a good idea, and I'm curious to know when that is.

"More emotional than I'd like to admit :P less patient, probably a little more snappy, lose sense of humour...but inside I'd be dying even more, trying to control my external side." This is an INFP statement overall.

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

http://psychology.about.com/od/trait...troversion.htm
    Introversion is one of the major personality traits identified in many theories of personality. People who are introverted tend to be inward turning, or focused more on internal thoughts, feelings and moods rather than seeking out external stimulation. Introversion is generally viewed as existing as part of a continuum along with extraversion. Introversion indicates one end of the scale, while extraversion represents the other end.

The terms introversion and extraversion were popularized through the work of Carl Jung and later became central parts of other prominent theories including the big 5 theory of personality. The introversion-extraversion dimension is also one of the four areas identified by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). According to many theories of personality, everyone has some degree of both introversion and extraversion. However, people often tend to lean one way or the other.

Introverts tend to be more quiet, reserved and introspective. Unlike extraverts who gain energy from social interaction, introverts have to expend energy in social situations. After attending a party or spending time in a large group of people, introverts often feel a need to "recharge" by spending a period of time alone.

You probably feel energized around your friends, but that is an INFP trait.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

"I often prefer to know what I'm getting myself into before I do it." That's introversion. You also say sometimes doing just the opposite is a good idea, and I'm curious to know when that is.

"More emotional than I'd like to admit :P less patient, probably a little more snappy, lose sense of humour...but inside I'd be dying even more, trying to control my external side." This is an INFP statement overall.

Introversion is one of the major personality traits identified in many theories of personality. People who are introverted tend to be inward turning, or focused more on internal thoughts, feelings and moods rather than seeking out external stimulation. Introversion is generally viewed as existing as part of a continuum along with extraversion. Introversion indicates one end of the scale, while extraversion represents the other end.

The terms introversion and extraversion were popularized through the work of Carl Jung and later became central parts of other prominent theories including the big 5 theory of personality. The introversion-extraversion dimension is also one of the four areas identified by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). According to many theories of personality, everyone has some degree of both introversion and extraversion. However, people often tend to lean one way or the other.

Introverts tend to be more quiet, reserved and introspective. Unlike extraverts who gain energy from social interaction, introverts have to expend energy in social situations. After attending a party or spending time in a large group of people, introverts often feel a need to "recharge" by spending a period of time alone.

This makes ME sound INFP.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You do seem IxFP...

Sometimes I think there are situations where you have to go in, no outside information or connotations, to truly get the best out of it. Hypothetically, of course: it's a preference for me to be knowledgeable about my situation but not necessary; and I can see where it wouldn't be relative.

I've heard many ENFPs get mistyped as INFPs because of the pure nature of their type?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Probably xNFP though...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Sometimes I think there are situations where you have to go in, no outside information or connotations, to truly get the best out of it. Hypothetically, of course: it's a preference for me to be knowledgeable about my situation but not necessary; and I can see where it wouldn't be relative.
    To get the best what out of it?

I've heard many ENFPs get mistyped as INFPs because of the pure nature of their type?

Hmm, I'm not sure. Probably xNFP though...
    The energy you put into the world vs. the energy you put into your thinking/feeling processes is relative. I put a great deal of energy into thinking. But at the same time, thinking energizes me when I generate good ideas. I would prefer to work on a thinking project until it's completed, without taking a break away from it.

A Te is just the opposite. Te prefers to work, working brings the Te energy, and Te types like to work a task until it is finished without taking a break. And even when a project is finished, I have seen Te immediately look for yet another project to start. The day of a Te type is filled with external activity; the day of a Ti type is filled with internal activity.

A similar description can be made of Fe and Fi.

To get the best what out of it?
    A new experience that I may have gained without any outside information - so, at first (because I'd inevitably look further into it) it's my own thoughts and opinions on it.

The energy you put into the world vs. the energy you put into your thinking/feeling processes is relative. I put a great deal of energy into thinking. But at the same time, thinking energizes me when I generate good ideas. I would prefer to work on a thinking project until it's completed, without taking a break away from it.

A Te is just the opposite. Te prefers to work, working brings the Te energy, and Te types like to work a task until it is finished without taking a break. And even when a project is finished, I have seen Te immediately look for yet another project to start. The day of a Te type is filled with external activity; the day of a Ti type is filled with internal activity.

A similar description can be made of Fe and Fi.
    I can definitely relate to Fi...unbelievable amounts.